et's, soul cells, books, pets, reincarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auras

Pets can't 'speak' in this world and they can't speak in the next. They may be around you, you may feel their presence and maybe their love at times but they don't have language.

While this is most likely true I wish it wasn’t. Pets have their own souls, their own feelings, they decide what they do, sleep, eat, run, walk.

It seems to me they have enough awareness to do what they want. While they can’t speak it makes sense to me that they have a language which is completely different from ours.

I’ve spent some time researching this today and while it seems that they don’t have their own language but more so leave expressions it kind of makes me sad.

Our family dog passed away while I was in primary school and to know that she won’t be able to speak and communicate like us humans upsets me quite a bit. She had a hard life here, she managed to catch something in her eyes which led to her becoming blind and later on had to get her eyes removed. It was a horrible time but she relied on her other senses to move around the house, it was difficult at first but she perfected it! She passed away in her sleep which I think was the best way for her to go.

mac

janitor
While this is most likely true I wish it wasn’t. Pets have their own souls, their own feelings, they decide what they do, sleep, eat, run, walk.

That's a romantic notion but my own take is much simpler. Like us an animal is animated by its spirit. Pets are a special category of animal because they are in very close contact with humans and their souls are enriched by that proximity - they experience a level of individuality and love from the way they're taken care of. (a best case scenario) Silver Birch naturally explains it much better than I! But pets are not independent and can not feed themselves or head out for a run or a walk without the say-so and involvement (most times) of their carer.

It seems to me they have enough awareness to do what they want. While they can’t speak it makes sense to me that they have a language which is completely different from ours.

Well as I wrote above they have a very limited measure of freedom and their awareness and behaviour may often be down to instinct. Clearly they don't use language even if they have it and that's impossible to prove.

I’ve spent some time researching this today and while it seems that they don’t have their own language but more so leave expressions it kind of makes me sad.

It's plain some animals are very expressive, traits particularly noticeable to their loving carers. But we should be wary of anthropomorphising.

Our family dog passed away while I was in primary school and to know that she won’t be able to speak and communicate like us humans upsets me quite a bit. She had a hard life here, she managed to catch something in her eyes which led to her becoming blind and later on had to get her eyes removed. It was a horrible time but she relied on her other senses to move around the house, it was difficult at first but she perfected it! She passed away in her sleep which I think was the best way for her to go.

You should not have concerns for your beloved pet, Josh. Her trials in life are over but her spirit will not have suffered any harm. Indeed like ourselves her difficult life will have been an experience which - ridiculous as it may sound - will have enhanced her spirit's development.

Auras

You should not have concerns for your beloved pet, Josh. Her trials in life are over but her spirit will not have suffered any harm. Indeed like ourselves her difficult life will have been an experience which - ridiculous as it may sound - will have enhanced her spirit's development.

What do pets gain from developing their spirit? Hopefully Mikey can answer this question but I'd love to hear your thoughts as-well.

Well as I wrote above they have a very limited measure of freedom and their awareness and behaviour may often be down to instinct.

I find it hard to believe that It would be down to pure instinct when two pets procreate.

mac

janitor
What do pets gain from developing their spirit? Hopefully Mikey can answer this question but I'd love to hear your thoughts as-well.

Pets don't gain a thing. It's the spirit that animates the pet that gains from the experience of their individuality being acknowledged inasmuch as we give them a name, we treat them as single animals rather than part of a herd, show affection and love in ways wild animals don't experience - they're the experiences that enrich the spiritual development of their animating spirits in much the same way as our spirits are shaped, enriched, progressed by the experiences we have as incarnates.

I find it hard to believe that It would be down to pure instinct when two pets procreate.
I would reject any notion that animals mating - pets or wild animals similarly - is anything other than instinctive. We humans are driven by pretty much similar instincts albeit love - non-sexual feelings - also influence and constrain instinct.

Gettin' heavy at this point and opening a fresh can of worms. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.