• A resource for those seeking a greater understanding of survival and what follows death.

doubts

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Over the years on ALF we've had discussions and debates over the viability of a device for communicating with loved ones, the so-called Soul Phone being the best known example. I have held deep reservations about what was being claimed and recent changes in my appreciation have deepened my doubts.

We've never been able to fathom 'where' the so-called Summerland is and I've recently come to realise and accept it isn't anywhere in the sense we understand a location. I've found myself using the teccy adjective 'virtual' because that's how I now see the situation. There is no location - it's virtual, existing in folk's psyches/minds for want of a better way to describe what I'm thinking.

How could we communicate with loved ones in a virtual location in a dimension we don't understand at all?

bluebird

Major Contributor
I never bought into the "soul phone" idea, personally. It always seemed to me to be a (living) human invention that people were hoping would work, something limited by human/earthly thinking and perspectives, like the idea of strict/numbered "levels" in the afterlife (possibly also with an influence of charlatanism, though I really don't know enough about the details to have any kind of surety about that; I just mention it as a possibility). I guess I just think that if the afterlife does exist, and if communication between there and here is possible, then the souls residing there probably have better ways to facilitate that communication.

I agree that the afterlife, if there is one, likely doesn't exist in any physical location -- why would it, if we don't take our physical bodies there with us? If there is an afterlife then we exist there as souls/spirits, and presumably our souls are a kind of sentient energy. I don't think that necessarily means that anything we create there (such as houses, mountains, etc.) aren't as real as we want them to be, or as they need to be in order for us to use them, to interact with them and enjoy them. I've played video games that felt very real, and virtual reality systems can feel amazingly real. I've only used a virtual reality system once; it belonged to a friend, and I don't remember what system it was or what the experience -- it wasn't a game -- was called, but it involved just wandering about under the sea, encountering sharks, fish, coral, shipwrecks, etc. It really did seem incredibly real. I would think that the things we create in the afterlife would feel real in a tactile manner, as well -- in that if my husband and I create the house we wanted to have here and fill it with the things we like, we would be able to actually feel as though we are sitting down on comfy chairs to read our books, etc. At least, I hope that's the case.

Ruby

Established Member
I recently listened to a lecture by Zoom with Professor Gary Schwarz of the so-called "Soul Phone" Project. Actually, I was impressed with him and his team, and the research is being peer-reviewed now with a view to publication in a mainstream science journal! Hard to believe something like this would be published. The technology was sent out to participating universities and the experiments are conducted at night, so not interfering with the labs' daytime uses. I did like the bit where he said that the usual protocol for recruiting participants could be waived as they'd be post mortem. Every effort is made to screen out "noise", fraud and so on, and the mysterious results give goosebumps and a shiver up the spine. I fell asleep three times during the lecture so that proves it was seriously impressive tech stuff. He said that the gold standard of controls have been placed on the research and it is randomized so no-one knows when the experiments are running. So ingenious.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
I recently listened to a lecture by Zoom with Professor Gary Schwarz of the so-called "Soul Phone" Project. Actually, I was impressed with him and his team, and the research is being peer-reviewed now with a view to publication in a mainstream science journal! Hard to believe something like this would be published. The technology was sent out to participating universities and the experiments are conducted at night, so not interfering with the labs' daytime uses. I did like the bit where he said that the usual protocol for recruiting participants could be waived as they'd be post mortem. Every effort is made to screen out "noise", fraud and so on, and the mysterious results give goosebumps and a shiver up the spine. I fell asleep three times during the lecture so that proves it was seriously impressive tech stuff. He said that the gold standard of controls have been placed on the research and it is randomized so no-one knows when the experiments are running. So ingenious.
I remember a time not so very long ago when the Scole Experimental Group were working to establish various new techniques, adopting strict protocols and achieving all manner of remarkable results. But then the whole thing turned to you-know-what with the most absurd claims about what had happened. It taught me some very valuable lessons, however, principles that have stuck with me and which I apply routinely.

It's all too easy to be impressed but the so-called Soul Phone is simply research until a technique has been proven and tested thoroughly. If then a device that works does emerge I'll happily admit to having been wrong in my predictions. But I would bet that it won't and that I'm not wrong.

mac

site administrator
Staff member
Members following this thread should keep in mind that the South American group Rio do Tempo have claimed they've been using devices for parents to communicate with their discarnate children. We discussed the situation of trans-dimensional communication using devices at length here on ALF some years ago, mostly fruitlessly as I recall. Lots of claims made, no substantiation of them or at least none that have emerged into the general stream of awareness.

Maybe there IS such a device and maybe folk are using it to communicate across the dimensions but if so, why ain't we hearing?