1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Dolores Cannon

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Convolution, did your 'paranormal' experiences not prove evidential for you? Or do you suspect it was something caused by your psychology? I know that after a while it's difficult to stop the rational mind from backtracking on what you've observed, but I know I only have to reflect on what I saw and heard to think it was something objective, something external to me.

Have you come across Jenn at her blog/website thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com? I think you'd enjoy it. She calls herself an 'evidential' spiritualist. I think she writes very well.

2. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

Ruby, I have no doubt that we have barely scratched the surface of knowledge "the universe" contains. I know there is more than I see, I also understand things seem to indeed be fields, waves, energy, rather than "material". All "empty space", full of energy. I also know all of that understanding may come to change one day, as it has many times in the past, and that humbles me.

Knowing that, and acknowledging how little we all always seem to know of anything at all, I acknowledge what I experience, and try and understand it with a grain of salt, considering multiple ideas.
    My experiences don't give me proof of an afterlife, but they do show me that not all is what it seems. A year ago I needed that reminder, and I got it.
    There are numerous explanations for what happened, and the afterlife seems but one.

Now, if my brother materialized in a mediumship circle and talked to me in my native language, sharing things only the two of us know, I would be fully convinced. That would dispel all doubts for me. I have tried going to several mediums for anything close that, but haven't gotten even somewhat accurate hints about any of my departed relatives from any of the numerous places I've been to. Not even a decent cold reading.
    I read of David Thompson, an Australian physical medium that claims to have done this very thing for some clients in the past. I keep an open mind.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

:rolleyes: shidad!

4. Convolution

Not sure what your response means.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Someone will help you out. :D

6. Convolution

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I saw it from mac on another thread, but forget which one. I think it means "shaking head in disbelief and despair".

In your first paragraph; these waves, fields, energy, could they not possibly contain the afterlife, so to speak? Or have you ruled that out? It sounds from what you say about the absence of "material" that that's what you think. Forgive my ignorance of science.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Although you say English isn't your first language your use of it is amazingly proficient to the degree that I'd guess your mastery is approaching, or equal to, that of your native tongue. I don't consider there's any language barrier significantly preventing your understanding or responding. I'd be over-the-moon if I had even a fraction of your foreign-language ability!

Your assumption would be wrong. I coined that partially in response to the silly way that some individuals were at the time peppering their pieces with 'lol' - 'text speak' for "laughing out loud!.

'shidad' means "I am shaking my head in dismay and disbelief' to what you're saying." It's not dialectical or Brit 'slang' but who knows it might become mainstream one day. (yeah, right! :rolleyes:)

I mostly use it to signal astonishment about what folk say.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

There's no need to ask forgiveness of ignorance of a subject when you have never been taught it.

Let's be frank - who HAS been taught about the science relating to the so-called afterlife dimensions? There's little, if any, viable evidence that even scientists have any comprehension of any such sciences. For now claims are unsubstantiated puff and only when they can be shown to relate to those dimensions should we sit up and take notice. Right now that's not the case.

10. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks for that, mac. I hope Convolution will come back and answer my very vague, daft, but very crucial question. He's obviously brainy if English isn't his first language!