Coronavirus -- Stay Well!

bluebird

It's insane that some people in the U.S. refuse to wear masks -- they are simply idiots, period (I don't mean those who can't for health reasons, I mean those who disbelieve the medical experts regarding the efficacy of masks to prevent the spread of Covid, those who feel it's infringing on their personal freedoms, and those who view it as a political statement. Although I do think that people who can't wear masks for medical reasons should stay home as much as possible -- for them, as for the idiots who simply refuse to wear masks for completely invalid and asinine reasons, getting Covid would be infinitely more uncomfortable and painful, as would having to wear a ventilator). It is, in large part, because of those idiots that the U.S. is in its current dire circumstance regarding the virus.

As for me, my work opened up again in mid-June, though I only have to go in once a week, and the rest of the time I'm still working from home (and I honestly am able to get much more work done at home). All customers are supposed to wear masks at all times, and most do, but for those who don't I have no qualms about enforcing the mask wearing. When I go to work, I put on my mask and gloves before leaving my car, and don't remove the mask until I am back in my car at the end of the day (I change my gloves once or twice during the day, depending on how much I've had to touch stuff, and remove and toss out the last pair in the parking lot just before entering my car). I will not take off my mask outside my home, so that means I don't eat or drink anything during my 7 to 8 hour workday. I leave my office as little as possible, so as not to have to be anywhere near customers.

I still barely leave my house -- work once a week, doctors appointments when necessary, grocery shopping for me and my Mom when necessary (about once every four to five weeks; between her stuff and mine, unloading her stuff at her house, etc., each trip takes about 5 hours, but allows me to minimize the number of trips to the store and thus the number of people to whom I may be exposed), a couple of necessary trips to the bank, the very occasional visit to my sister's house (outside, distanced, and I wear a mask) maybe 4 visits since this all started.

That's it. No clothes shopping or other non-grocery shopping. No restaurants. No trips to the thrift shop, which I did twice a week pre-corona, and which I love doing. I am basically just in my house as much as possible. I know this isolation is somewhat easier for me than it is for many people, because I've essentially been self-isolating anyway since my husband died, though not to this extent, so while it's still a big change, it's not AS big a lifestyle change for me as it is for many. Nonetheless, it is what everyone in the U.S. should be doing, to the extent that they can (I know people are in different situations, and with the horrible lack of government support via social programs in this country, as well as the tragedy of so many being so poor and working crap jobs which they would lose if they didn't show up for work, etc., not everyone can isolate to the same degree).

So many other countries are handling this pandemic so much better than the U.S. -- medically, socially, politically, and in terms of providing assistance to their citizens. Because of that, and because I am American, I am mostly only commenting on the U.S. response, and on my personal situation.

But the fact is that this IS the way life is now, at least for the foreseeable future. If a viable vaccine is produced and distributed, if certain members of the U.S. government remove their heads from their posteriors, if those people living in the U.S. who are stupid enough to not wear masks and distance start doing so, then maybe things will change. I hope they do.

Last edited:

mac

janitor and administrator
Staff member
Here in the UK it's a mixed picture. Face coverings are already required on public transport (we use a lot of buses and trains) and from Friday this week will be required in shops.

I'm very much in favor of our wearing masks when we're closer to others than we'd prefer - and probably they'd prefer - to be. Not because we're protected by our masks (unless they're medical grade and we use them as they would be in clinical situations) but because we each help protect others when we wear our own. That's a message that may take some ramming home - that of civic duty, helping protect our neighbors. Then of course we have similar stupidity where gangs of brain-deads gather to party like it's 1999 or even 2019. Remember just over 6 months ago when this world was very different?

From the earliest of days I saw no logic in not encouraging us to wear mouth/face covers when situations indicate we ought but conversely there's little point wearing one when there's no benefit. The daftest things I saw was a fellow runner wearing one as he ran towards me on a near-empty dirt road. He and I were 15 feet apart at the closest and it seemed over-the-top behavior.

I've been monitoring the situation in my winter home - well formerly it was - of the USA and comparing that with what happens here. To my mind some states have sometimes been too early lifting restrictions and in my 'home town' in AZ there's been a major infection spike. That doesn't bode well for me next winter! It looks similar in parts of neighboring CA where I have friends. I'm aware of problems in other states too and overall in the US things look none too good.

Realistically we'll need to make long-term adjustments to our way of life. Hugging and touching when greeting will be a treat in particular circumstances only. Informal social gatherings may be equally uncommon. Those with medical conditions putting them at higher risk may have to get used to a future similar to the way things have been these past few months, effectively continuing to socially isolate themselves.

I find it very disheartening but until something changes to make pandemics generally - not just Covid 19 - less of a risk then we'll be stuck in the present situation for some time to come I fear. In a similar way to my fear for Modern Spiritualism's relevance in future, I just hope I'm wrong. :(

mac

Staff member
I'm getting daily Yahoo updates on what's happening in the USA during this pandemic situation. As with many other issues I've observed over my past 15 years in the US there are many similarities to the situation in the UK.

We're not doing that well either. We have similar problems or rather have had some of the ones you're seeing in the US right now - hospital services near to the maximum and medical staff stretched beyond what we should expect. We've been there but thankfully things have eased somewhat although we're far from out of the woods.

There's the same concern for our citizenry's reactions to what they're being expected to do. Most of us are trying our best to do the right thing' but there's the usual quota of ass-holes who are determined not to have 'their freedom' restricted by national (read 'federal') rules. Care homes and the mentally and socially disadvantaged need more resources and attention. We have the same issues with infection levels in ethnic communities. This is proving a toughie to legislate for and we're in for a rough winter, I fear, with 2021 seeing little relief from the pressures - alway assuming things don't become much worse.

Some nations have done better. Some nations were doing better but have slipped. Some are in dire straits. Spiritually if there were ever a time when we should all work together then this is the time. I doubt that will happen though, and although we'll survive these times it might be interesting to look back in a year or two's time and maybe mourn together some of the simple things we have lost, maybe lost forever. :(

bluebird

mac,

But you don't have as many idiots who refuse to wear masks, as far as I can tell. I do believe that the world is permanently changed -- not that the way it was before was so good, but I don't think we'll ever get back to it.

mac

Staff member
mac,

But you don't have as many idiots who refuse to wear masks, as far as I can tell. I do believe that the world is permanently changed -- not that the way it was before was so good, but I don't think we'll ever get back to it.
I hope us Brits do show more common sense than appears the case in parts of the US but for the immediate moment, bb, there hasn't been any requirement for wearing face coverings other than in a pretty limited range of places. Literally hours ago new requirements have been introduced so we'll see how our citizenry responds from hereon in.

I do think it will be a time before things settle to a new rythmn with new patterns of behavior becoming established but eventually we'll be able to see what's been lost, perhaps permanently. Freedoms we rarely ever thought about - being able to hug, kiss, shake hands, mix together closely etc. - look likely to continue to be restricted if not lost for good. Others will become more obvious as we head into a very uncertain future. There's a very real risk of precaution fatigue leading to complacency but the consequent resurgence of new infections will again focus thoughts.

Maybe we'll soon start talking as a professor forecast early on in the outbreak some months ago. BC - Before Covid 19 - becoming a new datum. This world changed forever after it......:(

bluebird

I thought the UK was requiring face masks in most locations, but evidently I was wrong in that regard. Still, at least your citizens don't view wearing a mask as a "political statement", in the way that some Americans do.

I agree with the things you said in your post. the fatigue you mentioned has already led to complacency by some in the US, and the resurgance of infection is currently taking place. We never finished the "first wave"; instead, due to stupidity, we are being hit with wave after wave. I live in the Northeastern US, and while this area was one of the first and hardest hit, we are doing ok now -- not great, but ok -- because of the way our Governors have and are dealing with this pandemic (which is not to say we don't still have some idiot citizens, unfortunately).

I have already been hearing "pre-COVID", "BC", and "before plague" quite a bit; I think these phrases have already become part of the vernacular, and will remain so.

mac

Staff member
Our face covering situation is a developing one, bb. It's still not certain how well we'll respond to the requests, requirement, recommendations, laws concerning face coverings but thus far you're right that it's been politicised to any great degree. It's going to be interesting, I think, to see if/how it affects us in the coming winter.

Every fall us oldies are encouraged to get 'flu shots - they're free for certain age groups and some medical ones too. There's going to be a big push in the UK this fall to get more folks vaccinated against flu, those over 50 for example. There's great concern about the similarity of early symptoms between seasonal flu and Covid 19 and we're taking precautions to try to avoid our free healthcare system being overwhelmed in winter.

Our NHS is always under extreme pressure in the winter anyway and all resources are generally overstretched with Accident and Emergency Services (ER) being especially badly hit as old folk become sick and have to be ambulanced in. The ambulance service is stretched beyond breaking point routinely at peak times and a bad outbreak of seasonal flu - along with a new spike in Covid 19 infections - could overwhelm our hospitals, especially if medical staff are also badly affected and socially isolating. (I understand even the hospitals in the US are becoming overwhelmed in certain states but I'm not aware of the national picture.)

It would be great to find that routinely wearing face coverings helps to also reduce the spread of flu and/or viral colds and other infections. I can't see why it wouldn't help because these infections are also spread by coughing and sneezing. In the far east it's normal and totally expected that folk to wear masks and maybe wearing our own surgical-grade masks could protect us even more. There was a shortage of those earlier but the supply chain should have been restored by next winter. Only if enough folk wear face coverings or commercial masks in the months ahead will we get to see if they make a significant difference. Even now there's a reluctance in the UK to fully endorse the value of wearing masks.

A new phenomenon has been identified recently in the UK and presumably elsewhere - the effect of obesity on the outcome of a Covid 19 infection. It's been found that the obese are much more at risk from Covid 19 and I'm sure I don't need to point out how that might greatly impact the US. It's similar in the UK where obesity has become a major and growing problem. Perhaps - just perhaps - it might encourage the severely overweight citizens of both nations to try to deal with their weight where other approaches - and threats of ill health - have failed?

mac

Staff member
Over the past weekend we Brits have been dismayed to hear that travellers from Spain - returning vacationers - will have to isolate / quarantine for 14 days after return to the UK. This is a response to a significant spike in infection rates in certain parts of the Spanish mainland and it appears that this time 'quarantine' will imply more restrictive expectations from the lock-down of these travellers.

The significance of this may not be apparent to North Americans but Spain, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands are important holiday destinations for us sun-starved Brits and holiday companies and airlines handle many thousands of holidaymakers ('vacationers') heading into these regions. These latest restrictions now threaten the viability of the travel-trade that only recently, tentatively opened up its commercial operations after four months.

It's not just that folk now are unsure if they'll dare to take summer holidays in the regular Spanish coastal resorts (along with many other regions and other coastal resorts in Europe) but thousands of jobs associated with holiday travel are again under threat, including the jobs of thousands of European hospitality industry workers. Although Britain will finally part company with the European Union at the end of this year our economy and those of our European friends, allies and trading partners are inextricably linked. If Britain sneezes much of Europe will catch our cold.

There could hardly be a worse time for the UK to be breaking from the European Union after four decades of ever-closer relationships; worse for us and worse for them.

Last edited:

bluebird

I agree with your view on Brexit, mac. Regarding holidays, I honestly don't understand why anyone -- in Britain, the U.S., or anywhere else -- would even think that they would be going on holiday this year. We are in the middle of a pandemic -- we are essentially in a survival scenario/situation, and things like holidays simply aren't important (aside from the employment of hospitality industry workers, which is a sad situation).

It sucks, but people just have to get used to the idea that life and the world has changed, at least for now and for the immediately foreseeable future (probably for at least another year), and they simply will not be able to do many of the things they normally do -- going on holiday, eating at restaurants, going to bars/clubs, having parties, etc.

Maybe I take this further than most, but as far as I'm concerned everyone should stay the hell home as much as is humanly possible. Go to work/office only if you have to, go only to absolutely necessary doctors appointments, go to the grocery store only every 4 to 5 weeks or as far as you can stretch it, etc. And wear your damn mask every time you go out, for the entire duration of the time you are out. [This semi-diatribe is not directed at you, mac, but to the "universal you".]

mac

Staff member
My wife and I have just - 10 am Tuesday morning as I'm writing - been saying much the same as you, bb, in terms of vacations/holidays.

This is still a pandemic situation and new infection break-outs are inevitable. We as a nation have to accept that ordinary life will be very different and some things may have to stop, maybe forever. But it's going to take a while longer for folk to accept the impacts of these longer-term situations and the effects they will have on their everyday lives. This will be the foreseeable future and that future can't be foreseen very far at all.

On our breakfast TV news coverage early today has been dicussed again the current situation, government ministers explaining their rationale for the latest restrictions which now include travel to and from all the Spanish islands. The situation in France and Germany is also being talked about as potential essential-only travel areas.

Compared with the way things were late spring the overall domestic situation is immeasurably better now. We don't lock ourselves away as much as you, bb, but we do try to keep our distance from others as much as we find reasonable. We are old farts and don't have to work but I'm aware of the changed and still-changing situation for those who do and especially for those who are facing the loss of their jobs or have already lost them because of the pandemic.

There is no single pattern of behavior that's right or even desirable for everyone but there are definitely some behaviors that are plain wrong and totally bonkers. You're left wondering what's between the ears of some of the idiots you see and hear about. The remaining months of this year look set to be as challenging as the earlier ones were.

God help us all! :D

mac

Staff member
Well into August and new outbreaks are occurring widely. A few countries appear to be on top of things whereas others who were once on top are slipping backwards. On a personal level I'm beginning to register that certain behaviors will have to be the norm for some time. It's not that I wasn't aware of changes but now they're being consolidated to the point that it looks unlikely there can be a move to something closer to the way it once was.

The wearing of face coverings much more generally is becoming more accepted albeit with the ass-for-brains brigade who will rail at all impositions on 'their liberty'. In time there will be more ways to deal effectively with their intransigence.

At the same time bizarre behaviors are evident from those seemingly trying to follow guidance and rules. Some wear mouth coverings but leave their noses. Others walk in the countryside by themselves but sport face coverings. Isolated pedestrians make exaggerated movements to stay away from other isolated pedestrians, one or both wearing face coverings out in the open air. Well-meaning beauty therapists wear visors but without anything covering their mouths and noses.

Here in the UK local lock-down is becoming more common, towns and cities returning to the way it was in March and April. In Victoria, Australia it's similar. We watch the reports on TV but it has less of the impact it used to have; we're used to it and even half-expect it. New procedures in hospitals have become established. Care homes remain a problem as does effective track-and-trace systems, something vital in the battle against this virus.

Schools are due to return mid August thru Labor Day, still with massive uncertainty how it will work. Grade awards have just arrived for students in Scotland, all based on school work, a system dumped a few years ago. These results determine university entrance with potentially consequential negative impacts on the employment expectations of these young women and men.

I'm coming to terms with life having changed forever - that's a big change. Perhaps I'm just slow and should have accepted it earlier but I expect many others won't have come to terms with it either.

I spent 50 yrs of my life getting every cold/flu going it seemed - bugs came around, here's an easy target, lets have him... So believe this or not early 2017 I started to get a 'tap tap tap' just outside the window most mornings just before the up, and I would say to my wife lying next to me 'can you hear that tapping' no, just me then.

So a month or two goes by, me checking the spouting etc - I realise this 'tap tap tap' most mornings is spiritual - so I start to research anything spiritual I could find to help understand what might be going on - the tapping stopped and I had learned a lot by then, so I stopped my research.... tap tap tap - here we go again - 3 years now ive been researching power of the mind and self healing energy, and spiritual issues, and of course viruses, the old arch enemy to me...

I learned so much on viruses - we used to have an in house joke me and my wife, when a virus would come along, it would have a little go at her then settle in me for a week or two - not anymore, I am the strong one, in mind at least.

I learned along the way defence cells have some consciousness - and I learned to communicate with them with my mind... Ive learned now in meditation, a quick word in my mind, system clear well done cells, or there is a problem here, I can feel something having a go, and press gently with my finger where any problem virus wise may be...

My wife had this corona/covid 'thing' - really bad with it she was 3 months ago, never happened before with her, lost taste and smell, we think it was that - I got a slight cough for a couple of days, be gone with you shooo - some people don't even know they've had it do they, we know this for a fact... I hope this might help someone here who is open minded enough to the fact that it could work with many viruses - power of the mind...

Last edited:

mac

Staff member
One thing's for sure.... Doing the self-healing can't harm you and there's nothing reliable for treating the condition anyway. Little to lose by trying. But that's a personal issue and unlikely to be adopted by most, even if they had any understanding which most won't.

There is much in this world I don't care for but the changes Covid 19 are bringing don't look likely to counterbalance the unattractiveness. It's adding to them.

I often use the old saying "It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good." (actually I use lots of old sayings) but this wind does seem a fairly ill one - few are experiencing anything good from the pandemic thus far.

Works well for me, bit of a sore throat coming on yesterday, gone today, and that's rare these days - occasionally I get a virus attack, loads about isn't there, especially in autumn/winter - I used to feel one virus or another in my body 'every day' had my over fair share of them I can tell you - not anymore, I was 'meant' to do this research, and share knowledge... I make no promises here to people, this is about me and how 'I' deal with them. So usually during the day I will remember at some point to communicate briefly in my mind 'system clear well done cells' - or under attack 'on guard cells' then in meditation I will gently press where the problem is - power of the mind 3 yrs lonely, hard research, fast forwarded here to people who may be interested... good luck, stay strong in mind... Back online again tomorrow...

mac

Staff member
Works well for me, bit of a sore throat coming on yesterday, gone today, and that's rare these days - occasionally I get a virus attack, loads about isn't there, especially in autumn/winter - I used to feel one virus or another in my body 'every day' had my over fair share of them I can tell you - not anymore, I was 'meant' to do this research, and share knowledge...

I'm glad for you that your health is so good and it's interesting to hear about what you practise to remain well. In fairness, though, there's no certainty that the former is a direct outcome of the latter. There's no way to prove you wouldn't have been OK if you hadn't done what you do, no way to show that it wasn't your body's biological self-defences dealing with infections.

I make no promises here to people, this is about me and how 'I' deal with them. So usually during the day I will remember at some point to communicate briefly in my mind 'system clear well done cells' - or under attack 'on guard cells' then in meditation I will gently press where the problem is - power of the mind 3 yrs lonely, hard research, fast forwarded here to people who may be interested... good luck, stay strong in mind... Back online again tomorrow...

Of course no-one should take it as a guaranteed way to stay well but it's pretty unlikely anyone would harm themselves either by using such techniques. The same can't be said for relying on such techniques for protection against other conditions, perhaps turning their backs on conventional medicine.

Additionally and in line with my earlier remark, for common-or-garden coughs and colds viruses - against which there is no effective treatments anyway - practising meditation to focus on self-clearing them can't do any personal harm. The same goes for Covid 19 BUT still the precautions against potentially spreading it should be heeded. How would one know if this particular coronavirus had been cleared from one's system when one became well, when minor symptoms disappeared? Could one be certain that being personally asymptomatic means you're not a spreader?

The statistics concerning the spread of this virus suggest that it may be much more widespread than was originally thought. (and have been for some time before eventual widespread recognition) It's thought that many have been infected without symptoms or without serious symptoms but were presumably spreading the viral particles.

Could anyone be sure that the disappearance of their symptoms means they're not carriers/spreaders?

We see what others here have to say - I had 'my share' of health issues, only 4 years ago ridiculous rashes - until I researched self healing energy, raised my 'vibes' rashes cleared permanently to now... because that's what we all are 'vibrational energy beings' - bet you've never been called that before everyone.... So in my opinion we should all raise our vibrational energy for better health and immune systems, and try lose the fear because that lowers it, smiling and being positive lifts it....

I have a friend she works at the hospital and she was talking to me the other day what if she's a carrier in hospital - I told her you can't go around worrying every moment, them 'things' will hitch a ride on anyone, so stay positive, smile, be strong, - like I say this is how I do it - and the thought of someone i'm talking to might be a carrier never enters my head, my cells are on high alert with all that's going on, like I say no promises everyone, this is how I do it... Power of the mind to give some guidance to where the problem is cannot hurt anyone... local work to do now back later...

Last edited:

mac

Staff member
I remarked earlier that it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good and perhaps one positive thing might emerge if we're lucky.

Coughs, colds and influenza are the norm in winter. As autumn arrives infection rates begin to increase and winter flu is something society tries to guard against. Influenza can be a flattener - I don't mean a bad cold which can be bad enough but influenza proper. It's spread by people BUT if we are to widely use face coverings in the future just maybe colds, coughs and influenza will become less widespread?

And with the new detection kits that can detect both Covid 19 and regular influenza coronaviruses as a society we may begin to behave differently, become less likely to spread our germs in the way we've always done before? Coughs and high temperatures should be viewed with more suspicion than they used to be and it's to be hoped that we'll react by being more careful, not coughing and sneezing without thought as we might have done when we had regular winter ills?

When everyone else is wearing masks, those who experience 'hay fever' and other allergic conditions should feel less self-conscious wearing one to help protect them from seasonal allergens. And those who do still cough because of their allergies will be doing it while wearing a mask. That should reduce the risk of their spreading colds and flu.

Add to all the above our new awareness of the need for regular hand-washing and the widespread public availability of gels along with no hand-shaking or hugging/kissing and we might see less of the winter ailments we've come to accept as normal in winter.

What's needed most - of course - are effective treatments for sufferers of Covid 19 and effective vaccines.

Lets hope science doesn't take as long as AIDS to find something... We should keep our distance and gel our hands as a precaution of coarse while we learn our new way of life here worldwide... And of course keep wearing your mask if you are wearing one now for your and others protection..

Here are some links to look at everyone, then we should make our own minds up how to personally deal with our own health. Nothing wrong with my theory Stay Strong while we deal with this 'and' other cold/flu bugs.

Your Cells Are Listening - Dr. Kim D'Eramo

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/you...are-listening/

https://phys.org/news/2011-11-cells.html

Last edited:

mac

Staff member
We see what others here have to say - I had 'my share' of health issues, only 4 years ago ridiculous rashes - until I researched self healing energy, raised my 'vibes' rashes cleared permanently to now... because that's what we all are 'vibrational energy beings' - bet you've never been called that before everyone.... So in my opinion we should all raise our vibrational energy for better health and immune systems, and try lose the fear because that lowers it, smiling and being positive lifts it....

I have a friend she works at the hospital and she was talking to me the other day what if she's a carrier in hospital - I told her you can't go around worrying every moment, them 'things' will hitch a ride on anyone, so stay positive, smile, be strong, - like I say this is how I do it - and the thought of someone i'm talking to might be a carrier never enters my head, my cells are on high alert with all that's going on, like I say no promises everyone, this is how I do it... Power of the mind to give some guidance to where the problem is cannot hurt anyone... local work to do now back later...
As before I'm glad to hear how good your health has become and I'm not saying that it's not your self-healing that's keeping you well - only that there's no objective evidence. But that doesn't matter, you're well and that's what truly matters - provided you're not asymptomatic and unwittingly a risk to others. How would you know?

Your hospital worker friend is likely expressing the concerns of many other hospital workers and front-liners. I get it. Of course the virus could be on board anybody but in a hospital there's a significant risk of picking it up from infected patients and also of spreading it to other patients. The fewer staff risking getting infected and passing the the little bugger on the better in my view. Basic hygiene seems logical.

Your way might indeed work for others if they 'do the biz' the way you do. Individually it might keep them virus and bacteria free - can you target other means of infection by raising your vibrations? But until they are tested regularly and found free of the virus would it be socially responsible to take risks?

There's no certainty your technique would work reliably for your friend or for others and - I respectfully suggest - hers and their concerns are understandable. She, they and we are safer when procedures are followed.