Coronavirus -- Stay Well!

bluebird

Major Contributor
It would be a nice outcome - the best of your healthcare system and the best of ours would be a great starting point to build both systems up from. :)
Our (U.S.) healthcare system has some wonderful doctors and nurses, and some great research is being done, but the system itself is beyond broken, and needs to be changed.

Monika

Hej. It seems to be calm where i live. I dont read news so i might be not very well informed. Anyway everything is working for now, shops has everything you might want to buy. Just less tourists.
Crazy much snow here. Beautiful winter :)

Monika

I hope your own country won't be affected, Monika, if it isn't already.
In Lithuania it is quarantine, country is completely closed. Also borders are closed and Lithuanians from other countries are being brought home mostly by military and some of them are infected with virus. But due to strict rules until now there is just 1 who got infected inside the country plus 1 doctor who works with those who are sick with this virus and 39 who came back from other countries.
And it seems to be hard economically this quarantine as small businesses are already bankrupting. :(

mac

janitor
In Lithuania it is quarantine, country is completely closed. Also borders are closed and Lithuanians from other countries are being brought home mostly by military and some of them are infected with virus. But due to strict rules until now there is just 1 who got infected inside the country plus 1 doctor who works with those who are sick with this virus and 39 who came back from other countries.
And it seems to be hard economically this quarantine as small businesses are already bankrupting. :(
I'm confused - where do you live - I thought you were in Sweden yet you're talking about Lithuania? o_Oo_Oo_O

mac

janitor
The UK's lunchtime BBC news today reported that our scientists have predicted that present social isolation measures will be necessary for maybe the next year to prevent our health services being overwhelmed with critically ill patients. That's already happened in Italy and looks likely in Spain. Who knows which other countries' health services will succumb next - the USA is just as likely to struggle. :(

Here on ALF we consider afterlife issues and the way this crisis is going there will be many, many deaths and we may see many, many new seekers looking for answers about where their loved ones have gone. :(

mac

janitor
Each and every individual will soon be facing their own, personal problems and we all will share similar problems such as shortages brought about by panicking individuals bulk-buying staples. There is no shortage of anything in the USA yet some shelves are empty because some folk are fearful they will not have what they need and have over-bought to an absurd degree. Nothing short of enforced purchasing limits will stop their behavior.

Monika

I'm confused - where do you live - I thought you were in Sweden yet you're talking about Lithuania? o_Oo_Oo_O
I live in Sweden, moved here 3 years ago, but my parents are in Lithuania. Thats why i know more about there than here. I keep contact with them daily :)

mac

janitor
I live in Sweden, moved here 3 years ago, but my parents are in Lithuania. Thats why i know more about there than here. I keep contact with them daily :)
ah - I see now....

We keep in contact with events in the UK via the BBC news online. It's our lifeline as to what is going on there.