Coronavirus conversations

bluebird

Major Contributor
In the early weeks of the lock-down a similar idea about so-called herd immunity was heard from some of our UK's scientists until it became obvious that approach was a non-flyer and highly dangerous.

Governments have their own scientific advisers and their own ideas about how to proceed; it is highly unlikely a single approach will prove right for every country or nation. Various policies will be, and already have been, adopted and it's totally inevitable that they won't all be right.

Mistakes will be made because humans are fallible but worse than that mistakes will be made because some leaders are flawed and pig-headed - despite most of them being well-informed. We can only hope they're not allowed to have their own way all the time.
Agreed.

Arsiie

And your infection rates are higher than in neighbouring Norway, I believe. In the UK our experts are following what happens in your country.
Hahaha I just say this words: dont visit sweden, because here they have zero rules when it comes too lockdown. Everything is almost open and you are not force too use mask:(.

mac

Administrator
Folk in the UK can't take trips right now because we're having a mini-lockdown in the UK. Some thought the Swedish model for dealing with Covid-19 was a good one but it doesn't appear to be as good as it appeared to be earlier. The UK isn't doing well either - we have nothing to feel smug about.

Arsiie

Folk in the UK can't take trips right now because we're having a mini-lockdown in the UK. Some thought the Swedish model for dealing with Covid-19 was a good one but it doesn't appear to be as good as it appeared to be earlier. The UK isn't doing well either - we have nothing to feel smug about.
I saw on the news, they say nearly 60 thousand have died. Actually a whole lockdown dosent help either. The problem with sweden is we have too much freedom. We dont have any kind of rules if a pandemic appear, thats why the goverment cant lockdown. Its against the democratsy system. But right now many are afraid and staying home. Before you could met people only a group with 50 but today they change too 8, even they forbid alkohol after 22. Its a good start but i hope they at least can say wear mask.

mac

Administrator
I saw on the news, they say nearly 60 thousand have died. Actually a whole lockdown dosent help either. The problem with sweden is we have too much freedom. We dont have any kind of rules if a pandemic appear, thats why the goverment cant lockdown. Its against the democratsy system. But right now many are afraid and staying home. Before you could met people only a group with 50 but today they change too 8, even they forbid alkohol after 22. Its a good start but i hope they at least can say wear mask.

Your rules / laws are now similar to those in the UK. Here there is much reluctance - from some age groups - to follow the rules and laws. Bars and pubs have had to close to prevent folk getting together without heeding social distancing. Non-essential shopping in stores/shops has been suspended until December. God knows what will happen at Christmas when folk are likely to disregard rules en masse.

There is also misinformation spreading rapidly and those who use the social media as their source of news can be misled by material known to be false at the time it's being posted. A certain presidential leader has enhanced a new career from putting out false material and encouraging division.

Arsiie

Your rules / laws are now similar to those in the UK. Here there is much reluctance - from some age groups - to follow the rules and laws. Bars and pubs have had to close to prevent folk getting together without heeding social distancing. Non-essential shopping in stores/shops has been suspended until December. God knows what will happen at Christmas when folk are likely to disregard rules en masse.

There is also misinformation spreading rapidly and those who use the social media as their source of news can be misled by material known to be false at the time it's being posted. A certain presidential leader has enhanced a new career from putting out false material and encouraging division.
Indeed, but i feel like i dont want celebrate christmas at all because for those who lost their lives. I will instead ligt a candle and pray for them. At least i always celebrate Christmas with my little family so it will happen but i feel alot of sadness. :/ i just hope this pandemic will be gone but im afraid it will take more than 2 years.

bluebird

Major Contributor
I really don't understand people (I don't mean commenters on this thread, I mean in the world). It is only common sense to wear a damn mask, wash your hands, don't gather in groups (or at least minimize it), don't go anywhere nonessential, etc. This is SO f***ing frustrating! Stupid people following an idiotic president, in the U.S......I'm not sure what's causing the stupidity in other countries.

Does it suck? Absolutely! But it's going to suck for a lot longer if people don't abide by these common sense rules. For many people it costs and will cost their health, for others it has cost or will cost their lives.

Thank you for coming to my ranting Ted Talk, lol.

Arsiie

I really don't understand people (I don't mean commenters on this thread, I mean in the world). It is only common sense to wear a damn mask, wash your hands, don't gather in groups (or at least minimize it), don't go anywhere nonessential, etc. This is SO f***ing frustrating! Stupid people following an idiotic president, in the U.S......I'm not sure what's causing the stupidity in other countries.

Does it suck? Absolutely! But it's going to suck for a lot longer if people don't abide by these common sense rules. For many people it costs and will cost their health, for others it has cost or will cost their lives.

Thank you for coming to my ranting Ted Talk, lol.
Im sorry bluebird, i know how you feel. To much people are dying and lying in hospitals... I hope you are fine bluebird. People sometimes they just ignore like you say. I wish all could follow this important rules from WHO and other medical teams.

bluebird

Major Contributor
Im sorry bluebird, i know how you feel. To much people are dying and lying in hospitals... I hope you are fine bluebird. People sometimes they just ignore like you say. I wish all could follow this important rules from WHO and other medical teams.
I'm fine, as is my family, thank you. I hope you and your loved ones are good as well.