1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Communicating with the dead-how do we know

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Skye

Skye New Member

Yes, I have given first names. Not so much surnames but that's my fault, as I don't ask spirit for them. Sadly I don't know why some messages are so vague there could be any number of reasons. The medium may not be asking for the info is one. The spirit may want to pass on other information which they consider more important. Or, the medium isn't a medium. As a psychic they may assume the info is coming from spirit when it's coming from the living recipient instead. A lack of training and development may be another reason.
    As for messages being trivial in nature - Only the recipient can say if their message is trivial or not. Being an observer, the information may not be what we would like to hear from our family or friends!
    Spirit use a mediums unconscious mind as a frame of reference. If a medium is not clairaudient and has never heard the name Cynthia before, then a spirit will have to consider other ways of getting her name across.
    Yes, spirit can give specific info which is good evidence, but it all depends on the ability of the medium and whether the link is strong or weak. Symbols are sometimes used to conserve energy from the spirit and the medium. It's up to the medium to be able to interpret the symbols correctly, if they can't then the message or part of the message won't be delivered.
    I've only seen one medium give evidence as you describe above -Joe Smith.... That was the late Gordon Higginson. Very few mediums are able to deliver a message the way he could. However, he was born with the ability and his mother was a medium. I'm in no doubt this would have helped him with his mediumship.

2. lithuania

lithuania Banned

I sort of understand (I can understand how it could be difficult to articulate what you are experiencing when doing medium vs psychic work). When you have a chance, can you please answer my question where I refer to "Joe Smith is here...". Thank you.

3. lithuania

lithuania Banned

I see you answered my question. Thanks for this Skye, you are really helping me (and others) understand how the process works. It is really valuable having you on this forum so thank you again for taking the time to answer questions. This is really fascinating!

4. lithuania

lithuania Banned

5. Skye

Skye New Member

6. lithuania

lithuania Banned

Thanks for the link Skye. So I take it that there is absolutely no question in your mind as to whether you are actually communicating with the deceased-this is good to know as everyone would like to think that there is an afterlife.

7. Skye

Skye New Member

No doubt whatsoever lithuania. My mind or imagination cannot make up different accents or dialects. Nor can it create images that are not of our physical world.

8. lithuania

lithuania Banned

If one is not a medium and cannot always go to mediums, is there some other way to try to communicate with loved ones deceased? Does one simply talk inside one's head to the loved one-will this suffice, or do you know?

9. lithuania

lithuania Banned

What I should have asked above is can the deceased hear us if we speak to them in our minds or out loud-or must one go through a medium?

10. Skye

Skye New Member

Lithuania, yes, they can hear us. There is no need to go through a medium to talk to the deceased. All you need to do is think of them and ask or say whatever it is you want them to know. It's up to you whether you speak out loud or speak in silence, they respond to our thoughts. You will need a medium though if you want to hear their reply.