1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Coma and the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 11, 2018.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It could have been your higher self or a spiritual guide.

2. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Thanks, poeticblue! Can spiritual guides lead you by encouraging you to have a special awareness of particular experiences in life?

3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hi Kim! If I understand you correctly yes. Our spiritual guides help nudge and guide us along our paths during our earthly lives in many ways. After all, we can’t do this all on our own. Much of the guidance that they give us is via our subconscious ness or when we visit with them during sleep (and in some cases meditation).

Have you ever had a question or concern about something, then the next day upon waking up you felt like you had the answer? Have you ever been driving down the road or interstate and something tells you not to take that specific route then sure enough there’s an accident of some sort? Have you ever simply had a bad day and then seemingly out of knowhere a sudden ease of comfort engulfs you and you get the feeling that everything will be ok and sure enough things turn out for the better? A lot of the times it’s your spirit guide that’s reaching out in instances such as those. Not to take away from the human ability of intuition, but a lot of our intuition does stem from our guide(s).

4. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

What is strange about this notion isn't so much having an insight while sleep, but not remembering where and how it came about.
    If it is the case that knowledge is a acquired elsewhere but memories of it aren't retained, it seems to allude to the idea that our conscious self isn't the true conscious self, and memory here is all based on the physical brain, and sometimes a little can leak through and get recorded.
    The interesting question, then, would be how memory of the insight get recorded and passes through, but everything else may not.

NovemberFlowers likes this.
  5. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I only try to be kind and compassionate and try not to concern myself too much with "physical" details when it comes to figuring out what my physical brain has to do with anything. I learned from Craig Hogan that everything we see in this dimension is nothing but scenery, and this life is only an experience.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's easy to say we're guided during our everyday lives but impossible to provide evidence for it. And even if it's correct it might be the case that one individual receives more support than another, either by need or by choice. We simply don't consciously know but the principle of personal freewill might be compromised if frequent external influences were to occur.

But I think it would be a mistake to ascribe every apparent instance of insight to guidance received from elsewhere or to minimise the role of our earthly overcoat and its CPU, the brain and it's associated systems, when dealing with the experiences and problems we humans face.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    bluebird likes this.
  7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I looked in the glossary of terms, but couldn't find CPU. What is CPU?

8. mac

mac Staff Member

sorry - 'central processing unit', the control unit as in a computer :oops:

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hopefully I didn’t give off that impression. I suppose what I meant was certain things that we consider ‘coicidence’ ‘Intuitive’ ‘hunches’ at times can very well be our spirit guide nudging us along. Certainly not all the time but at times.

kim and NovemberFlowers like this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

No it was not that impression at all.... :) I've experienced myself exactly similar situations to what you mentioned and wondered if I'd been 'given' the explanation when I found a resolution to something puzzling me.

There have been times when I have thought it might indeed be down to the promptings of a helper. In reality I would love to know that some insight, something important to me (and especially to others) had actually been directed at me by a guide or helper as opposed to it just being down to my having worked it out - 'divine' guidance rather than the bumblings of an old fart! :D

But I'm a cautious individual and I try to avoid 'making things fit'. I can often find an equally persuasive possibility, such as my physical brain having been mulling over a problem while I'm asleep. During sleep, perhaps, that brain (using what little power it has!) might have less to cope with, using freed-up resources to work with.

It would be far more persuasive for me if I were to experience a 'Eureka Moment' directly after I'd been flat-out engaged with a problem needing every scrap of mental energy I could muster, a time when there was less likelihood my brain would have had surplus resources to provide an unexpected answer. ;):)

NovemberFlowers likes this.