1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Coma and the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

You are not alone, my friend. :)

NovemberFlowers likes this.
  2. NovemberFlowers

NovemberFlowers New Member

I was able to download Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls but not having much luck with the other ones! I will have to check locally I think if I can't find them online. :)

3. NovemberFlowers

Good!! I am on the right track.

4. NovemberFlowers

Thank you so much :)
    Neither are you! Nice to know we don't have to journey alone.

Convolution likes this.
  5. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

My father and I both had to take Lorazepam for a period of time. When I got the call about my brother's suicide, I had a major panic attack- he was the person I felt closest to. It was very much like losing my breath, along with a strong pain in the chest, the environment spinning, and utter disbelief. Thank you for relating.
    I'm glad you had that certainty growing up. I never have had, despite going to an [all male] catholic school on a monastery for many years, growing up.
    I can see how it can also be hard to have that knowing all your life.
    I also appreciate the forum.
    Thank you for your input, reading your words gave me a higher level of peace.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

There are dozens of his books where I live but it costs a lot of money to purchase them. That’s why I always sat down in bookstores reading them and often
    left my own bookmarks (and even notes) within those books knowing that most folks wouldn’t even take the time to visit the metaphysical section of the bookstore to purchase them. Then the next day when I would come back to the bookstore I would pick up that same book I was reading and pick up where I left off.

Often times my daughter would grab a comic book and sit on a couch while I browse through the metaphysical section. It kind of became a routine to stop by our local bookstore after her school studies or on the weekend. She still makes fun of me ‘living’ at the bookstore. I was a book worm so to speak. I don’t do it as often now because I don’t need to, but lord knows it helped a hell of a lot for me back in the days.

NovemberFlowers likes this.
  7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’m glad I was able to help in some way, shape, and/or form. I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately so the least I can do is come on the forum and contribute more. Some people may not know this, but I log in and re-read every single post that has been posted within the past week. I may not respond much now, but I’m still here :)

8. NovemberFlowers

That's cute about your daughter :) Books are great. I love going to bookstores too. I work overnight in a lab and have been working a lot lately, so my reading has been limited recently to what I can find and/or download online.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Ahh... and what, specifically - beyond Gary Schwartz's great experiments - are these "sources of higher empirical evidence"?

I am the most skeptical person you ever have met, and it took me a couple of decades of reading hundreds of communications received from the dead before 1950 before the fact that every one of those people communicating over a century or so in both southern England and the eastern US was clearly in the same very complex environment finally convinced me that the only possible explanation was that indeed there is an afterlife. Now, was that a reasonable conclusion? Or should I have rejected all the empirical evidence I was finding and waited for some scientist to feel inspired to buck the system in which he makes his living (which was what Gary had to do) and come up with some way to prove the afterlife experimentally?

10. kim

kim Regular Contributor

When I was in the coma I always felt like someone was urging me to wake up, because there were things to accomplish. Was that my Higher Self? I get ideas and thoughts now about life and love, but I don't have anyway to identify where they come from. I just say 'Jesus', because that is the only person I can connect with or want to be like. Even though I claimed I want to be like Jesus I am NOT religious. I don't like religion. I don't believe he is god, but the perfect image of god.