1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is a resource for those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Coma and the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

What do you think happens in a coma, in relation to the afterlife? When one is in a coma, does one's consciousness return to the spirit world?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

No. You might conceivably travel in the astral, though. For the most part, those in coma seem just to slip out of their bodies and hang around. Sonia Rinaldi in Brazil has recorded some amazing communications with them!

3. Convolution

Interesting. Will look into it.
    Is it possible to have people in comas whose consciousness does not travel anywhere? Is that why some people may be in a comatose state for years and not remember an experience, or do they all get out of the body and just not remember?

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

We don't know, but we suspect that these decisions - as with so many other decisions - are made by the person's eternal mind. But if I were pressed, I would say that based upon what little we know it all seems to be a lot like what happens when our bodies sleep and our minds leave them: we are busy outside the body, but we generally don't remember it at all when we wake up.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

We know little, if anything, about the way that the 'real me' - the spirit individual who undertakes an incarnation in a human body - interacts with its physical overcoat.

We know little, if anything, about the way a spirit vacates its body during sleep to travel to the next world, the one whence it came. If it's the case - as claimed - that we all visit our spirit home during sleep we have no notion whether that's for a few seconds, for a few minutes or for hours. And we don't know if it happens every night or just some nights. So trying to establish the conditions under which the spirits of coma-victims - or persistent vegetative condition sufferers - leave their bodies (if at all or to any extent) seems like a guess, a shot in the dark.

Some sensitives may indeed be able to communicate with some, such disembodied spirits but how reliably and with how much evidential information provided I'm not aware. We don't hear about this situation much so it's guesswork how many sensitives have the necessary awareness of the possibility of communicating in this way, the attributes needed to do it, or the willingness to try.

Sonia Rinaldi is reported to have made many such contacts but whether she's the exception rather than the rule remains to be established.

6. Convolution

That is an area of discussion that baffles me a bit. If I am not the person in control, my consciousness, but another one (my eternal consciousness), doesn't that imply we will lose some part of ourselves when we reintegrate? Our will, volition, sense of self...? Perhaps all perspectives we get after the merger simply come from this hybrid self, within which our former selves are already lost?

7. Convolution

Why do you think we know so little about that area? If we sometimes get direct access to spirits through mediums, it doesn't seem like a tall order to request such information. Is there another reason why we wouldn't be able to know more about it? Is that something spirits like to leave vague?

8. mac

mac Staff Member

So many questions...... Why not run them by Sparrow?

9. Convolution

Sparrow seems to like word games and vagueness more than actual information.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Then maybe it's time for basics but that's not something you've yet shown any inclination to learn.