1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is an online resource to help those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions. We hope it will encourage you to research afterlife literature, ask questions and engage with other members.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

climate change

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by innerperson, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Hi Mac,

Have you ever considered you are wrong? Maybe things aren't as bad as you think.

Of course there is no certainty. There is never certainty with free will. We could have a nuclear war in the next couple of years that would surely destroy much of the earth.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be better. I believe technology (maybe from Mikey's side of the veil) will advance enough to make this a distant worry. In fact, we already do have technology that would help the world. The powers at be just won't use it. Though, it is looking more and more promising.

In my opinion, the climate change stuff looks to have become another religion for many people. For many they do believe in it and for others climate change has made them a lot of money pushing it. That is why you see a lot of so called pro-climate change environmentalist make up absurd "net zero" talking points when they are confronted with using private planes.

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

It's not a matter of "believing in" climate change. Damaging climate change, much of it caused by human behavior, is a proven fact. The problem, then, is twofold -- (1) some idiots, including some politicians and other people in positions of power, continue to act as though climate change has not been proven; (2) some idiots, including some politicians and other people in positions of power, don't want to allocate the necessary resources, both human and financial, to actually try to remedy the situation before it's too damn late.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope that turns out to be the case but maybe they're every bit as bad and we shouldn't be complacent or unrealistically optimistic. It's plain I am not wrong about what I observe although I concede I may be wrong in my interpretation of the impact certain events are having. I'm a layperson but still one with the capacity to evaluate what I hear.

I would LOVE to be wrong! I would LOVE to find all the concerns expressed by others - individuals who are not given to making headline-grabbing predictions without observations and evaluation - are hopelessly pessimistic. But that's cock-eyed optimism for the moment because data show there is cause for concern.

I wasn't ever asking for certainty.

Of course we should! That's not the issue.
    I don't do belief and I did hope we would receive Mikey's spiritual guidance on this environmental subject.

So now we're just into personal beliefs. These issues belong in a different conversation.

Now you've strayed away from the questions I had asked Mikey and away from Afterlife Forums' focus on afterlife issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.