Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Ruby

Fascinating - thanks for your post. Interesting that others saw the same things. What makes you think that something has bad energy? Did you know you had the ability to sense things before you started 14 years ago?

I can tell when a spirit has bad energy because it will make me feel physically sick if it gets close to my energy field. I feel nauseous but the nausea doesn’t seem to come from lower stomach like if you have eaten too much, more higher up like in the bottom of my throat. I might get a headache too and feel dizzy. I also feel this funny vibration feeling which I find hard to describe because I can’t tell if it’s inside my body or outside lol. Bad energy to me seems to vibrate slow, low and sickening. Good energy for me vibrates fast, tingles and feels really nice. It is kind of hard to describe

I’m not sure if I had any sensitivities when I was younger but I do know that I have good visualisation skills. When I was about 11 my parents marriage was falling apart.the whole process was pretty traumatic for me. When they fought I used to take myself away. I would put my head under the blankets and visualise myself away from there. It used to get me through it. I can now still visualise myself so strongly that I can feel things like you would physically. I often wonder now if back then, my spirit was leaving my body to escape.
When I was in my 20s I often had precognitive flashes during the day and the odd night dreams which happened shortly after. No seeing spirits. I also often knew things like if I was going to get a letter from my best friend( snail mail then) or phone calls etc and little things like that. My mother used to try to trick me lol.
I went through a period where my gut feelings were very strong. Eg. my husband would be fixing something in the garage and I would wander in and watch then suddenly I would get this funny feeling. I get it when there is pain involved but it doesn’t feel like pain to me but this uncomfortable nervy feeling like when ‘someone walks over your grave’ then I get a quick picture of the tool he is using , slipping and he hurts his hand. I quietly mention that he should be careful as this or that might happen and then straight after it happens and he gets mad at me because he blames me for being there and I distracted him. What happens is exactly what I saw and knew was going to happen. I have learnt to shut up because he says I’m being pessimistic and negative and I wonder if I am lol. If I know something like that now I tend to walk away
Over the years I’ve often had strong urges to do things. I could never understand why I was thinking the way I was but acted on the urges and so glad I did. I’m sure it was spirit helping me.
My very first investigation made me realise I was empathic. I felt the emotions of a woman spirit whose 2 children had died. I knew there were 2 children and they died close together in time. I don’t know how I knew that but I just did. I believe that is how Claircognizance works. I felt so bad with this lady. I felt grief and heartbreak and it was like I had just lost my own children. It happened on the investigation and a day later at home when I was in the shower I thought of her and it made me cry.
I have investigated haunted locations for a while now and I do so spiritually and scientifically as a part of me likes verification for my own benefit. I don’t need proof of the afterlife, I know it exists. I also like researching and history too. My aim now is to try to help spirits. I am a mental health nurse in my working life but I also use this in a counselling way when interacting with spirit. I use EVP as a scientific tool but also use clairaudiency with a spirit that assists me. I believe I have helped spirits that were stuck in a spiritual existence close to the earth plane. I use visualisation to create a situation for them, I counsel and I don’t even have to be at the place because I visualise myself there. I research the history before doing this also and sometimes it’s just not one spirit that leaves, it’s a lot. It only happens with spirits that have a yearning to leave but don’t think that can. I give them a different frame of mind and I can choose something really simple like suggest that they retire from their work now and can now go fishing and enjoy their afterlife. Other times I have ‘ forgiven’ spirits for their crimes . Often the ones that leave have been tormented by other spirits and it’s hard to get the tormentors to leave because they can be downright rude and nasty. I try to deal with spirit people like I would if they were alive.
I can see them leave visually in my mind and sometimes they will leave an object for me to see. It’s something that they would have had in their physical life. It’s sort of like a sign for me that they have left and don’t need that anymore. I’ve seen shawls and money pouches lol. If I want to help someone I usually do it over a period. My assistant spirit helps me too because he speaks with them and he acts like a go between. That spirit is one that I assisted many years ago. Through him, I gain the trust of other spirits. The best time for me to do the visualisation to help them is when I first get into bed and the light is off and I take myself there by visualising. I have no distractions then.
Sorry that I have probably gone off topic but it makes me feel good to talk about it as it’s not something you can talk to anyone about and it’s worse for me as I work in Mental Health and if I doctor was to hear anyone talk about this, you would be scheduled yourself lol

Kurt

I can tell when a spirit has bad energy because it will make me feel physically sick if it gets close to my energy field. I feel nauseous but the nausea doesn’t seem to come from lower stomach like if you have eaten too much, more higher up like in the bottom of my throat. I might get a headache too and feel dizzy. I also feel this funny vibration feeling which I find hard to describe because I can’t tell if it’s inside my body or outside lol. Bad energy to me seems to vibrate slow, low and sickening. Good energy for me vibrates fast, tingles and feels really nice. It is kind of hard to describe

I’m not sure if I had any sensitivities when I was younger but I do know that I have good visualisation skills. When I was about 11 my parents marriage was falling apart.the whole process was pretty traumatic for me. When they fought I used to take myself away. I would put my head under the blankets and visualise myself away from there. It used to get me through it. I can now still visualise myself so strongly that I can feel things like you would physically. I often wonder now if back then, my spirit was leaving my body to escape.
When I was in my 20s I often had precognitive flashes during the day and the odd night dreams which happened shortly after. No seeing spirits. I also often knew things like if I was going to get a letter from my best friend( snail mail then) or phone calls etc and little things like that. My mother used to try to trick me lol.
I went through a period where my gut feelings were very strong. Eg. my husband would be fixing something in the garage and I would wander in and watch then suddenly I would get this funny feeling. I get it when there is pain involved but it doesn’t feel like pain to me but this uncomfortable nervy feeling like when ‘someone walks over your grave’ then I get a quick picture of the tool he is using , slipping and he hurts his hand. I quietly mention that he should be careful as this or that might happen and then straight after it happens and he gets mad at me because he blames me for being there and I distracted him. What happens is exactly what I saw and knew was going to happen. I have learnt to shut up because he says I’m being pessimistic and negative and I wonder if I am lol. If I know something like that now I tend to walk away
Over the years I’ve often had strong urges to do things. I could never understand why I was thinking the way I was but acted on the urges and so glad I did. I’m sure it was spirit helping me.
My very first investigation made me realise I was empathic. I felt the emotions of a woman spirit whose 2 children had died. I knew there were 2 children and they died close together in time. I don’t know how I knew that but I just did. I believe that is how Claircognizance works. I felt so bad with this lady. I felt grief and heartbreak and it was like I had just lost my own children. It happened on the investigation and a day later at home when I was in the shower I thought of her and it made me cry.
I have investigated haunted locations for a while now and I do so spiritually and scientifically as a part of me likes verification for my own benefit. I don’t need proof of the afterlife, I know it exists. I also like researching and history too. My aim now is to try to help spirits. I am a mental health nurse in my working life but I also use this in a counselling way when interacting with spirit. I use EVP as a scientific tool but also use clairaudiency with a spirit that assists me. I believe I have helped spirits that were stuck in a spiritual existence close to the earth plane. I use visualisation to create a situation for them, I counsel and I don’t even have to be at the place because I visualise myself there. I research the history before doing this also and sometimes it’s just not one spirit that leaves, it’s a lot. It only happens with spirits that have a yearning to leave but don’t think that can. I give them a different frame of mind and I can choose something really simple like suggest that they retire from their work now and can now go fishing and enjoy their afterlife. Other times I have ‘ forgiven’ spirits for their crimes . Often the ones that leave have been tormented by other spirits and it’s hard to get the tormentors to leave because they can be downright rude and nasty. I try to deal with spirit people like I would if they were alive.
I can see them leave visually in my mind and sometimes they will leave an object for me to see. It’s something that they would have had in their physical life. It’s sort of like a sign for me that they have left and don’t need that anymore. I’ve seen shawls and money pouches lol. If I want to help someone I usually do it over a period. My assistant spirit helps me too because he speaks with them and he acts like a go between. That spirit is one that I assisted many years ago. Through him, I gain the trust of other spirits. The best time for me to do the visualisation to help them is when I first get into bed and the light is off and I take myself there by visualising. I have no distractions then.
Sorry that I have probably gone off topic but it makes me feel good to talk about it as it’s not something you can talk to anyone about and it’s worse for me as I work in Mental Health and if I doctor was to hear anyone talk about this, you would be scheduled yourself lol

The longer I stay here the younger I feel. We should meet up sometime so I can gauge your nausea and determine how old your soul is and thus how much time I have left.

Ruby

You sound like a very dedicated mental health practitioner, Tracey. Also you must have a strong faith that all of this other unseen world is for real, because your working environment would normally hold all this to be imagination and folklore and so on. The only experience I had that would indicate mood was after looking at a tribute page to my son on a website and closing down my tablet the air was filled with a very strong, lovely perfume. It was very pleasant, but shocking, though in a good way, so I hope that would indicate something happy going on?
I'm poised half-way between belief and disbelief.
Why would spirits get stuck though? This world is all they know so it's understandable if they stay close by. I've got a bad sense of direction lol, so there's no hope for me! It sounds like a mean kids' playground out there with this talk of them being downright rude and nasty.
Can that kind of experience be avoided? People might be apprehensive on their death beds. Because I'm not a great believer, I feel quite silly typing this, but you only live once (or do you?!) I'm truly grateful to be reading of your interesting work with spirits though. If my son is there I want to know all about it.

You sound like a very dedicated mental health practitioner, Tracey. Also you must have a strong faith that all of this other unseen world is for real, because your working environment would normally hold all this to be imagination and folklore and so on. The only experience I had that would indicate mood was after looking at a tribute page to my son on a website and closing down my tablet the air was filled with a very strong, lovely perfume. It was very pleasant, but shocking, though in a good way, so I hope that would indicate something happy going on?
I'm poised half-way between belief and disbelief.
Why would spirits get stuck though? This world is all they know so it's understandable if they stay close by. I've got a bad sense of direction lol, so there's no hope for me! It sounds like a mean kids' playground out there with this talk of them being downright rude and nasty.
Can that kind of experience be avoided? People might be apprehensive on their death beds. Because I'm not a great believer, I feel quite silly typing this, but you only live once (or do you?!) I'm truly grateful to be reading of your interesting work with spirits though. If my son is there I want to know all about it.

Yes anything paranormal is a no no when you work in mental health. In fact, I have had pts that are deemed to have ' paranormal delusions' because they belief in the afterlife, crystals, cards, reincarnation etc etc. It is my personal belief too that people can have spirit attachments that influence them also and I remember overhearing the psychiatrists gossiping about another female doctor who looked outside the box and believed this to be a possibility. They were ridiculing her.

I only know that the afterlife is real because of my own experiences and if I ever were to trust anyone , it would be myself lol!

This is how I see it. I think that the spiritworld is all around us everyday and they go about their own spiritual lives. I think there are different planes of thought also. A lot of spirits close to the earth dimension are the ones that have energy that is not so subtle. They dont let go of earthly ideas, ways and worries. Spirits that move on freely have accepted their new spiritual existence more. Their energy is more subtle. They are not going to show they are there with poltergeist stuff if you know what I mean.
Thinking of a loved one is like calling them. They can hear you and they may come to you. They arent around you all the time if they have had a smooth transition.

Spirits communicate in the spirit world by mental telepathy and dont think you can every hide your thoughts , because you cant from spirit. That is my reason why a lot of people on ghost tours that are disbelievers, get all the action lol.

Its not like spirits get stuck....its just that their thoughts and beliefs keep them from moving on. They are their own worse enemy lol.They like to punish themselves if they think they did the wrong thing. They might feel guilt. They think they dont deserve to have anything better. The best thing you can ever do for a spirit that did the wrong thing in their life, is to forgive them and you need to say it and really feel it. It helps them move on. I think that all people, when they die, are given the opportunity to start their new spiritual life, even if they were murderers. We shouldnt be the ones to judge. They often dont forgive themselves or are afraid they are going to go to ' hell'.
Dont worry, I have a really bad sense of direction also. I get lost in shopping centres hahaha!. Im trusting that when I die, I will understand what happened to me and look for the exit door lol. Im sure someone will be their to show me the way

I have found spirit people to be exactly like they were when they were alive. They can very funny, crack jokes, tell you off, be offended, laugh....its endless. They can also be nasty individuals , just like they were when they were alive. Peoples personalities are an energy that is part of their spirit .

I also believe that animals can be soul mates too and form a spiritual bond. I have had a much loved Doberman come back to bark in my ear ( clairaudient bark) to say goodbye to me the night before I got the phone call to pick up his ashes that had taken 3 weeks to be placed in a box. I was very distraught over it and it was just a lack of communication. I think he hung around for my closure . What a good boy...love him for that !

I think Ruby, just trust yourself. You just know when something is from a spirit.

I believe you dont only live once.... I have had experiences with that also but that is another story.

Would you believe I was petrified of death before I came to the acceptance that it just isnt the end of us when we die. Not scared anymore, in fact, without sounding bizarre, Im sort of looking forward to my spirit life because there is so much you can do and create with your own thoughts.....so I am told ;-)

By the way, I never discuss anything paranormal or spiritual in my working life as a nurse. Its unethical

Last edited:

Ruby

It's a sign of a good conscience to feel guilty for your wrong-doings and what we as parents try to instil in our children so they can be good members of society and all that. So it feels as if it ought to be a good trait if they feel they can't move on, and these spirits should be forgiven more readily than those who would just soar upwards thinking they're right and good all the time! I think we all know people like that and they're very annoying!! Of course, not everyone gets good guidance from parents and many have a terrible start in life and go from bad to worse. But then all this is just human behaviour and doesn't of course govern the way that nature works, or might work. I have to say it's disappointing though, as we tend to hope that those who do terrible deeds will have to pay the price if not apprehended in their lifetime! I suppose that's just a religious idea.
I know exactly what you mean about how you're best to trust yourself, especially as you get older you gain that confidence. It's just that no-one yet understands the capabilities of the brain. It's that whole PSI thing again and reading experts in that field causes me to doubt what I experienced, though not enough to just dismiss it as nonsense. Certainly not! The one medium I saw worked well for me in that nothing much happened until the end when evidential information came through in a rush. Because of that I was able to remember all she said and she'd given up and had started to talk about her career. She suddenly said a strong male presence had entered the room and her demeanour completely changed which quite stunned me as I was sat there thinking why am I so gullible? Typical of my son to be late to the meeting! Anyway, amongst other things, all accurate, she said something and mimed an action which was familiar to me and afterwards on the train home I realised what it was. I just suddenly knew, as you said, what this was referring to. It's the most amazing thing, same as the instant recognition of the apparition and the voice and knowing someone was there before even looking. But it mostly all gets dismissed by science and in our society they are the ones people tend to pay attention to. However, you can tell yourself that these things are undetectable by our senses and any machines we design, which is very possible, but then people like me will think who am I to think I can detect things others cannot, so I think I'm just stuck in the middle for good!! As to what you say about patients having "paranormal delusions", you wonder why that would be such a bad thing if it helps them, it seems harmless! These medics can be arrogant!

Ruby

I'm wondering what the implications of the psychomanteum are for those of us who have seen an apparition spontaneously, and tend to cherish the memory and really hope or believe it was a geniune visit from their dear departed? For those who don't know, this is a method for trying to induce an apparitional experience, as an experiment and also to help the bereaved. I think it was started by Raymond Moody. It involves the participant sitting before a type of mirror after talking with the psychologist about who it is they'd like to meet again. Apparently it is often successful and the participant comes away feeling they've met their lost loved one again. It seems to me to strongly hint that these experiences are just part of our own psychology. Yet, if so, why do people experience crisis apparitions, which are apparitions of people seen after their death and before the observer knows of the death?

Ruby

I was recently at a conference and we went on a ghost tour called Haunted Plymouth. It was different from the usual walking tours where stories are told which are interesting bits and pieces of social history. The Lincoln one is excellent (led by the town crier). This one was led by a ghost hunter. As the tour progressed there were a lot of expressions of surprise amongst the group, but three of us out of maybe twenty had seen a ghost, at least one was a dramatic crisis apparition, as I found out afterwards. The group leader had seen five in his ghost hunting career, very respectful he was towards the spirit world. Some of these programmes on TV where they shout for them to come out and show themselves are awful. Anyway, someone out there must have seen a ghost, it's not so uncommon?

Monika

Where i live for some reason people see so called ghosts. My colleages for example were all familiar with one who lived in old government house where we used to work. I was said that in plotters rum i might see a woman with such and such clothes and that i shall not be scared or confused because she is often there just doing her own business. The other one was often seen in the elevator but mostly after 17 oclock in the evening and later so i was told if i dont feel comfortable around "ghosts" i shall take stairs after that time instead of elevator. This building is in demolishing progress by now and i often wonder if those "ghosts" visit us in new building we work now.
Also as city is being moved to another place now many buildings are moved to new place or demolished and we go to investigate the situation of the buildings. In almost all buildings there were "ghosts" constanly living or visiting and i was told many times about them been seen by one or another person. Uncle of one of my friends met a group of people on the path in forest. Every single one in the group was his own relative. He saw them clear as we see each other. They changed few words with him and went away owning their own business. Amazing right!?
By myself a spirit in full form as human person i saw several times. When i was around 19-20 I stayed in an old house and around midnight me and my friend we went out to look for fall of the stars because it was mid august and the night sky is brilliant by that time. We went to the lake like 20 meters away from the house. His mother planned to come out so when i heard doors opened and closed and looked back and saw a person i was completely sure it was her. When we came back she was deep in sleep and next morning she said she didnt hear us leaving and didnt wake up to go out. Ever after that i felt extremely safe in that single house in the middle of forest because i knew that the man who builded it over 100 years ago was still coming up sometimes to check on it and i knew i would never be completely alone there.
In the place im currently often staying i see a lot as all other people living in that village. Most time its a fast motion, more like shadow in some cases its more in a form what human eye can easily see. Some of them are permanently there some just visiting.

Kurt

Ever after that i felt extremely safe in that single house in the middle of forest because i knew that the man who builded it over 100 years ago was still coming up sometimes to check on it and i knew i would never be completely alone there.

That's heartwarming.

But will they visit in the new building? That's interesting to think about actually.

My understanding of ghosts is that they are the result of either a bulk of residual energy built up in a from a soul and is usually in a place that the soul frequented often. For example if she used the elevator every day for a few decades then it would make sense for her to be there.

On the other hand it could just be a burst of energy that is extremely potent, for example if a major tragedy occurs. It could be from one person as well if something goes horribly wrong.

mac

janitor and administrator
Staff member
That's heartwarming.

But will they visit in the new building? That's interesting to think about actually.

My understanding of ghosts is that they are the result of either a bulk of residual energy built up in a from a soul and is usually in a place that the soul frequented often. For example if she used the elevator every day for a few decades then it would make sense for her to be there.

On the other hand it could just be a burst of energy that is extremely potent, for example if a major tragedy occurs. It could be from one person as well if something goes horribly wrong.

Ghosts are not the same as discarnate visitors. The visitor who built the house Monika felt comfortable in is not a ghost. That man is someone who remains connected to the house he constructed and likely to the area it's in. Discarnates who choose to remain closer to the physical - or simply want to visit - do so for their personal reasons and most of us may be unaware they're around. Monika is a sensitive who can sense their presence and sometimes also psychically see them.

Ghosts can not interact or communicate whereas spirits - often (mistakenly) - described as 'earthbounds' sometimes can. Entities seen by many but who do not react or interact may be what are commonly termed 'ghosts'. For whatever reason(s) these 'shells' appear to be linked to the buildings we see but may in reality have associations with the locality rather than a structure. Demolishing a structure may prove disruptive to these shells but that's conjecture - I really have no idea.

Ruby

Thanks Monika! (and Kurt!) Love the new photos of the North of Sweden on the other thread. Imagine being in an escalator with a ghost! I'd die of fright! Yes, there seems to be a difference between a shade haunting a particular place and an after death communication or deathbed vision. You cannot interact with the former type, they are unaware of your presence and I don't think they can move to the new building. If they could, that would put them in the other category of ghosts that seem to show themselves to indicate survival. Imagine if they moved to the escalator! There seems to be a big problem amongst parapsychologists that ghosts are clothed. Apparently clothing shouldn't be able to transfer like that as it has no soul or something. Maybe I haven't understood it properly.

Ruby

mac, do you think these earthbound spirits are isolated and lonely? Not saying I totes believe they are all around us, but just wondered if there was any evidence in the literature. Do they meet other spirits in their wanderings?

Monika

Thanks Monika! (and Kurt!) Love the new photos of the North of Sweden on the other thread. Imagine being in an escalator with a ghost! I'd die of fright! Yes, there seems to be a difference between a shade haunting a particular place and an after death communication or deathbed vision. You cannot interact with the former type, they are unaware of your presence and I don't think they can move to the new building. If they could, that would put them in the other category of ghosts that seem to show themselves to indicate survival. Imagine if they moved to the escalator! There seems to be a big problem amongst parapsychologists that ghosts are clothed. Apparently clothing shouldn't be able to transfer like that as it has no soul or something. Maybe I haven't understood it properly.
Hej Ruby :) i probably didnt make myself completely clear. My understanding of ghost is that it is compilation of energies but not an actual soul of human. Im not sure what i think of those because i never was too much interested in that. When Michel died i cried days and nights in my bedroom in deep pain and sorrow. After about 3 months i started to sleep on sofa in other room because something in my own bedroom was not right. After some time i even started to get chills, those creepy chills, whenever i just passed my room. Sometimes could feel the rush of energy like a push. That was my ghost. Nothing more than my own stagnant and concentrated saddnes, pain and sorrow. When i was strong enough one day i came to my room I thanked to that sadness sorrow and pain for being with me for a while and i asked that energy to be cleaned and transformed into love and calmness. Thats all. That night i felt completely fine in my room. My ghost was away :) i of course learned to feel this and clean up a bit earlier. Sometimes i even need to clean after friends visiting me because they forget to take their ghosts away with them :)
In previous text wherever i used "ghost" i refered to soul. Human soul.

mac

Staff member
mac, do you think these earthbound spirits are isolated and lonely? Not saying I totes believe they are all around us, but just wondered if there was any evidence in the literature. Do they meet other spirits in their wanderings?

I don't know, Monika. o_O

My best guess is that some may be isolated and/or lonely because for whatever reason they haven't completed their transition from incarnate to discarnate life and may be 'wandering around' in a something-inbetween state.

Others, I expect, will have chosen to do what they do and are happy being by themselves if that's their choice. As I see things they'll be aware of others and able to interact with them if they choose to. It's really down to personal choice. :)

Ruby

Thanks mac, it sounds awful. You'd think the transition would happen naturally, but is this something I've missed and is it the case that by being more "spiritual" we can make sure a good transition happens for us?

Monika, that's so interesting: a compilation of energies representing your own sadness, pain and sorrow, as you say. You are very perceptive.

Kurt

One of the more flat out terrifying moments of my life comes from when I was living on Hickim AFB (this was back before a pandering butterbar renamed the place and switched signs statewide merging the base with pearl harbor for a promotion so it was actually called Hickam USAFB) and for some history it is a Air Force Base connected to Pearl Harbor, which was attacked on 12-07-1941 bringing the US into WW2.

The reason this is relevant is because you can still see bullets in buildings and unexploded munitions in the water. It's amazing and I hope it doesn't get removed to be honest... (Cue :mad: at kitchen psych. Trying to make everything "safe" by taking a sledgehammer to it)

The point is that we have a whole lot of ghosts all over in the historic neighborhoods. In mine there were 2 of them in my house and my neighbors house and theey might have actually been the same guy.

What's interesting is that these 2 were actually intelligent but in a limited, one dimensional capacity. One would lock onto you and sort of speedwalk over agressively and the other would hide in rooms and panic When I was around nine or so I took out the trash and saw the damn thing. It was about 5'10 or 6'0, very skinny and walked very fast. It had a Bowie knife and no face as odd as that seems. At first I was shocked and it kept coming. After it gained 200 feet on me and it was moving about 5 miles and hour. I move that fast right now. Fortunately for me I was 10 times faster at that age so I turned around and ran all the way up to my parents bedroom where the lights were on and the doors were open but no one was there and I felt a lot of energy behind me. I heard my dog barking downstairs and I ran back outside because... Genetics? I'm a male? Idk. It was gone.... Completely gone...

I went back inside. I ran back inside fast as possible and everyone was there again, the house felt 10 degrees colder so it was back to normal temp. and my father walked around outside and so did my neighbor to make sure there wasn't a lunatic. (Eventually about 5 men were doing so but they all went back inside. I do believe someone was attacked that night across the neighborhood so everyone was wondering what the heck was going on).

The second was a hell of a lot more benevolent and he was a soldier that haunted my neighbors house and would have a absolute bonkers chimpout in the laundry room at night talking about artillery shells and telling him "get down soldier!!!" "The f****** Japs are bombing us" and "f*** there are bullets everywhere!!" He was at least somewhat communicate and if you tried to talk he could say a little bit about himself, mainly that he came out to paradise but not for this and would disappear quite soon. Over time they actually grew used to him. But his wife was terrified of it and their kids could not go in there after the evening or nightfall.

My guess is that the laundry machines (they would move violently and make plenty of noise) would enrage him a bit and he was obviously a soldier who probably died in the war.

The one who locked onto me I have no clue. Perhaps I have enough esp to sort of see the world through its eyes? The entire plane was lifeless and 10 degrees warmer than here. Completely quiet and perfectly silent. I think my stepmom had bad dreams about the ghost and would go hysterical. I for one saw shadows move unprovoked about twice when I was there in that house and the place had lots of negative energy.

My neighbors ghost was... A ghost.

What was mine? An evil one? Roberta has said before that evil spirits do exist. I wouldn't want to call it a demon simply because I don't think a being as high as a demon would be petty enough to randomly haunt women and children for kicks.

But on the most basic pretense that it was a evil (aka, severely terrifying and unwanted) belligerent and disembodied spirit that scared everyone I guess it was.

@mac @Ruby @Monika do you guys have any thoughts?

Last edited:

Kurt

The only thing close to a ghost I had dealings with after that wasn't even me. I was at a ranch where a kid was murdered In the 90s and you could see him in the room he was killed in staring at everyone in a envious yet sad kind of way. I had friends who saw him but never could myself. J think someone tried to exorcise him but I never really believed in exorcism. It seems like a welcome comedy show for a ghost. I'd actually try to Provoke them if I were back on that plane again.

Ruby

You were living in a place which had stored up a lot of trauma and you've remembered your strange experiences in great detail over many years. No wonder!
Another question : What about teenage girls in Catholic countries who claim to see visions of the Virgin Mary? Sometimes these can be shared experiences. These cases suggest religious fervour but can be used by sceptics to explain away all sightings of apparitions as hallucinations. I know this because the last time I saw this particular friend she really annoyed me by claiming this, and I'm seeing her again on Saturday. Anyone know a cool counter argument?

Kurt

You were living in a place which had stored up a lot of trauma and you've remembered your strange experiences in great detail over many years. No wonder!
Another question : What about teenage girls in Catholic countries who claim to see visions of the Virgin Mary? Sometimes these can be shared experiences. These cases suggest religious fervour but can be used by sceptics to explain away all sightings of apparitions as hallucinations. I know this because the last time I saw this particular friend she really annoyed me by claiming this, and I'm seeing her again on Saturday. Anyone know a cool counter argument?
@mac @RobertaGrimes @genewardsmith especially would be great for this topic.

I personally always regarded Abrahamic Faith's as a major factor in deevolution and simply dismiss them all for being a bit odd but this would not work out in the conversation I fear.

Kurt

@Ruby

Here's the best way I can explain it.

Id say it's different because they are young children surrounded by religious fanatics from the day they are born and are cultivated in this environment where they can "talk to god" and "see Jesus in person" if they pray hard enough and if they do these things they are rewarded lavishly so inevitably one girl will do it and become cool. The others follow suit and the fervor starts.

People in spiritualism however are few and far between and have these experiences regardless of outside influence.

(I mainly take issue with religion for deliberately cultivating self hate,w and infantilizing everything but this could work for your argument.)

Kurt

Girls can "group faint" and so on.
Wow. It's like the Khlysty almost. It's interesting because there are extremely religious people who act normal but when they reach their places of worship they act like radio static.

mac

Staff member
Thanks mac, it sounds awful. You'd think the transition would happen naturally, but is this something I've missed and is it the case that by being more "spiritual" we can make sure a good transition happens for us?

Monika, that's so interesting: a compilation of energies representing your own sadness, pain and sorrow, as you say. You are very perceptive.
The majority of transitions probably are natural and easy. My view is that comparatively few 'get lost'. Certainly your personal transition can not be impaired by 'being good' or being more spiritual, whatever that means. :)