1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. AfterLifeForums is an online resource to help those seeking information about survival and the afterlife dimensions. We hope it will encourage you to research afterlife literature, ask questions and engage with other members.
Dismiss Notice
To get the most from this website please register for an account.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

You're ruining the spooky atmosphere of the thread!

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I'd be concerned if there was anyone around to notice bar thee and me and most times there's only me!

3. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

There's maybe also our friends unseen in another dimension!

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't much care about them being around as they can't read what's said or write in response! At least they can't do it directly.... lol

5. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I've been reading this thread to see if I ever posted the following extraordinary story.
    It was told on the Lincoln ghost walk. Stories told on these tours are not usually of this nature. The tour leader said that a middle-aged man had approached her as she was leading a tour group and said that he had been driving his car along a quiet country road when he looked in the rear view mirror and for a second or two saw sitting in the back seat a school friend who had died as a child. The shock caused him to pull to a stop which probably saved his life, as a lorry had swerved across the road in front of him out of sight around the next bend.

baob likes this.
  6. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

A friend gave me a book called "Raising Faith" by Claire Waters which I found a worthwhile read. The writer's daughter Faith reported seeing apparitions in the house from the age of four and her younger brother was discovered to have the same ability. It seems to have been the matter of fact manner the daughter spoke about what she was seeing that made her mother pay attention. Parents know that when young children play their games are always changing, but the child was consistent in her reporting and she hasn't grown out of it now at the age of twelve. The writer accepted her daughter was experiencing visits from dead grandparents and sometimes strangers and she then delved straight into studying and developing her own psychic ability, and learning everything she could about the spirit world, which she readily accepts exists. Her husband thinks there must be a more ordinary explanation for what's going on. The writer was concerned and frightened for her children at the beginning but accepted that since Faith sleeps through the night despite saying spirit people are in her bedroom, there didn't seem to be any reason for immediate concern. It's a short read at about a hundred pages and I'd have been happy to read a lot more from this author. She came across as a really wonderful mother, and she writes well. One little fun story:- the family are at the fun fair, sitting waiting for a rollercoaster to start. The writer asks her daughter if any spirit people are sitting in the carriages alongside them. The daughter replies there aren't, but as the ride starts she says they have jumped onboard. "They wait for the empty seats!" I probably over think these things I know, but I'd have thought with the seeming ability to zip about and materialise and disappear at will, a fairground ride wouldn't really do a lot for a spirit person!

baob likes this.