Afterlife or lie?

medusa

How can you really know who truly is real? You can find so much about a person . I did this myself.
Once you give email or phone number. I was able to obtain my daughter-in-laws old college roommate
with out asking. I want to be able to communicate if possible . So when people say things that
no one would ever know . I question. My son died . I would love to hear from him.

medusa

In response.I am also unsure of an afterlife.
There is lots of scenarios to choose from.
Many seem plausible. So, I guess if you
believe you pick the one you think relates
to you, The One theme that is consistent
is love, I am always so skeptical. This time
I thought out of the box. So, if I ever get
peace ,and confirms an afterlife. That
would be how I would choose.

mareke

In response.I am also unsure of an afterlife.
There is lots of scenarios to choose from.
Many seem plausible. So, I guess if you
believe you pick the one you think relates
to you, The One theme that is consistent
is love, I am always so skeptical. This time
I thought out of the box. So, if I ever get
peace ,and confirms an afterlife. That
would be how I would choose.
A certain amount of healthy skepticism isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the evidence already out there isn't enough to convince you of an afterlife then forget about trying to prove its existence. Instead answer the following question for yourself.

Which wolf do you feed?
An old Cherokee [man] is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied:

“The one you feed.”

Last edited by a moderator:

medusa

Wow. You question my attitude towards
how I view what’s happened in my life.
I believe , I am not the only one ,hoping
for some kind of assurance . I am open
yet am skeptical . I know most people
here have experienced losses. I would
love to get the confirmation. You are
very lucky to have that.
I think the point I was originally trying
to make when you believe everything
else becomes easy,
Death of my son has certainly changed
me. My life as others will never be the
same. I would love to feel that he is
ok. I am very sad. I am not evil
or vindictive. I do not choose to
live my life that way. I never thought
about death before this. I have
read ,and researched recently.
People on the site have had many
years of researching this topic.
Today I responded thinking that
even though their were inconsistent
beliefs that the common denominator
was love . I think that gives you
the answer to your question.
A certain amount of healthy skepticism isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the evidence already out there isn't enough to convince you of an afterlife then forget about trying to prove its existence. Instead answer the following question for yourself.

Which wolf do you feed?
An old Cherokee [man] is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied:

“The one you feed.”

mac

Administrator

The (quote) "evidence out there" is not enough to "convince" many individuals concerning our survival of corporeal death. ALF isn't a place to "give advice" how others should feel or react - you are not living their lives.

Please show respect for others' feelings and perspectives when theirs are different from your own.

admin

Last edited:

JennTSFLAD

I know the original poster may not see this and this thread is likely dead now. I'm usually late to the game. But I thought I might add my 2 cents anyway, for posterity's sake I suppose. I think that looking for the kind of objective truth that we are used to on earth may not be the best way to approach afterlife evidence. NDEs are quite subjective to begin with, and they are then filtered and processed by the human brain once the person has returned. I've never considered NDEs "afterlife tourism", but personal spiritual experiences that are meant to be important and symbolic to the experiencer. With afterlife communicators, one too must keep in mind their level of experience. Newly deceased spirits may believe and transmit what feels likes truth to them, based on their limited initial experience. And from that perspective, it may be true. From a different perspective, it may not be exactly as described. The OP mentioned one communicator who suggested that bodies are flesh and blood and others who say our bodies are energy. These seemed like contradictions. But those statements would both be true even when referring to our bodies here in earth. We are both flesh and blood, and, at the atomic or quantum physical level, completely composed of energy. It matters from what perspective you are defining your truth. I think it's good idea to remain open minded to the idea that reality as a whole may not be as strongly objective as we are used to.

bluebird

Major Contributor
....With afterlife communicators, one too must keep in mind their level of experience. Newly deceased spirits may believe and transmit what feels likes truth to them, based on their limited initial experience. And from that perspective, it may be true....

Very good point.