1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Your Christmas Gift

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by RobertaGrimes, Dec 24, 2011.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

On Sunday we celebrate the greatest gift in all of human history! And it is only now – two millennia later – that we can appreciate the magnitude of that gift.

Having spent decades studying nearly 200 years of abundant and consistent afterlife evidence, I can tell you that there is no evidence whatsoever that Jesus was born to save us from our sins. Instead, the afterlife evidence indicates that it doesn’t matter what religion you follow in life – or whether you follow any religion. Instead, what matters is whether you have lived your life in close adherence to the teachings of the Man who was born to us that holy night… just as He Himself tells us in the Gospels:

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” (LK 6:46)

“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (JN 8:31-32)

There is no better short course in perfect living than the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels. If you want to make a New Year’s resolution, I urge you to make 2012 the year when you buy yourself a Bible that prints the words of Jesus in red and then read those perfect Gospel words every week or two until next Christmas (when, incidentally, the world will still be here). I promise you: your whole life will change!

While the wisdom of Jesus alone should be enough to prove His divine origin, we need more. We live in a cynical age. We need to know that the Man born in Bethlehem is in fact a powerful eternal being. We need proof! And now we have that proof.

The Shroud of Turin is real!

The Shroud of Turin Research Project in the late seventies produced detailed and compelling evidence that the Shroud is the actual burial cloth of a First Century man who had suffered the same injuries which led to the death of Jesus on the Cross.

But the Shroud Project was not able to determine what had produced the amazing image that is visible only in enhanced negative photographs of the Shroud. Scientists working on the Project could conclude only that it was a scorch of some kind. So Italian scientists set about trying to duplicate the scorch. And just now, conveniently right before Christmas, they have announced that they have been able to produce something like the Shroud’s scorch only by subjecting linen to bursts of ultra violet laser light so intense that even today we lack the ability to produce UV light sufficiently strong to duplicate the quality of the Shroud’s scorch.

To make sure that we understand what these results mean, Luigi Garlaschelli, a professor of chemistry at Pavia University, told The Independent, a British newspaper: "The implications are... that the image was formed by a burst of UV energy so intense it could only have been supernatural.”

Jesus is a powerful eternal being who chose to be born not for His own advancement – clearly, He had no need for further learning. But He chose to be born to the world’s first real monotheists so He could teach them personally and try to elevate their understanding. He even chose to suffer a horrific public death so everyone would know that He had become stone-cold, flat dead… so then He could rise from the dead three days later: “Ta-da! Do you see? Death is just an illusion!” And the process of re-animating that dead body produced such intense spiritual light that we still can see the image of it today.

The life of Jesus two thousand years ago is the greatest gift that you ever will receive. Jesus is real. Like Him, you are eternal. When you really ponder all of this, you will find that nothing in your life is the same.

Merry Christmas, dear friends!

2. Thank you.

3. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mikey tells me it's just the facts! Roberta is right on! Jesus came to teach! And just know, Jesus is "flippin AWESOME!"
    Merry Christmas from Mikey!

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Re-animating a body from which the soul/spirit has departed was no more in the power of the Nazarene than it is in anyone else's power.... If that were otherwise it would make a nonsense of the principle of cause-and-effect.

Death is marked by the withdrawal of the spirit as the so-called silver cord is severed. If the story of Jesus and the resurrection have any authenticity, it's because it wasn't his death but rather his near death.....

Isn't that something to do with Easter, though - not Christmas? ;)

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hello Mac! Welcome, and thank you for doing so much posting right after you first joined us - I wish more new members would jump in this way!

To answer your questions:

1) You are right in saying that death is the severing of the silver cord, and it is irrevocable. Therefore near-death experiences - where the cord remains intact - do not involve death at all! You are right in saying that "Re-animating a body from which the soul/spirit has departed" is beyond anyone's power - but that is the point, dear friend. To have re-animated a stone-cold, flat-dead body would have taken extraordinary energy of a kind that we frankly cannot imagine. To revive an NDE-er doesn't take energy - it happens on its own. But to have re-animated the body of Jesus three days dead took spiritual energy (which is apparently something like UV energy) that was strong enough to also imprint the image of that event on the Shroud of Turin as a negative image that people could not have discovered (or even imagined) for two millennia thereafter. (It likely took more than energy - I know that. But if Mind conceived of material life to begin with, then Mind likely would know how to produce this trick of re-animating a body for a long enough period of time that Jesus could show Himself to be alive again.)

2) The true import of the life of Jesus is not Easter, after all. He came as our teacher! His birth was His gift to us, and Easter was only His final lesson. To choose to be born into what He knew would be a difficult life just because He was so eager to educate the whole mass of humankind was an extraordinary gift of perfect love. And it is that gift that we celebrate at Christmas! At Easter, we celebrate that gift again in acknowledgement of Jesus's biggest lesson: Guess what, folks! Life is eternal. Death is an illusion. Ta-da!

The afterlife evidence overwhelmingly shows us that reality is just consciousness energy - or spiritual energy, if you prefer. Nothing else whatsoever exists! Our minds are all part of eternal Mind, and by Himself Jesus could not have re-animated a corpse. But then again, apparently He never did anything by Himself - the Gospels say that He routinely used the mind-energy of those He cured. And while Jesus could not have re-animated that corpse, Mind energy brought the material universe into being and holds it in being. If it can do that, then Mind-energy could probably re-animate a corpse as well. (The fact that it was an extraordinary re-animation rather than just a near-death experience likely also explains why Jesus couldn't stay around for long - He just did the big reveal and made sure the corpse was seen alive again, and then He got rid of it.)

I was hoping that someone would ask these questions, dear Mac - if I didn't know better, I would think that I had written your post so I could answer it! Thank you. And if you want to talk about this further - or if you have any other questions - please do post your thoughts. That we have this newly-discovered evidence about the Shroud is a big thing indeed!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011