1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Winter Grief/Afterlife Retreat in Florida

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Good posts, Mac. When you read this consider that I have only a very basic idea of how this works.
    I do know that the certified mediums who I have heard on the Thursday night (U.S.) webcasts from the Forever Family Foundation frequently say that they themselves aren't really needed, and that they try to help people do it on their own. I think with the certification process they weed out the fakes and see mediums who reveal information that they couldn't have known. Also, you mention that communication is one-way. I have heard that our loved ones are with us a lot of the time and that if we talk to them, they hear us. (But I'm not sure if you meant what you said in the way that I interpreted it). And, of course, I have heard that they can initiate contact.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean below. Would you mind breaking it down for my simple mind? :)

Thanks!
    "If folk are persuaded that pre-planning can happen in the way I've suggested then I ask if you'd consider the possibility that you and your loved one(s) decided before they incarnated that the death of one of them would be experienced and that no matter what steps were taken the one who passed would not make contact."

2. mac

mac Staff Member

DG - I can't comment about what happens on FFF because I only know the little you've spoken about. In general, though, it's perfectly possible a medium may not be needed if individuals have the apparently necessary sensitivity to make contact for herself/himself. But even if they find they can do it does not mean the individual is a medium. The essence of mediumship is that it's carried out for the benefit of others. But that's academic if all an individual hopes for is to make contact with a loved one.

In the UK our Spiritualist National Union does similar to try to maintain standards of mediumship.

I meant it's one way inasmuch as it's established by our unseen family and friends and not by ourselves - we can't summon 'em but we can send out the thought we'd like 'em to try to reach out to us. The reverse may also be the case but it's not straightforward whichever the direction. Contact between here and there is initiated by 'them' as for example when using a medium who has made herself available. When a discarnate communicator and the medium adjust their 'vibrations' to match one another as closely as possible the most effective communication can take place. Where there's a less good match, or if other factors interfere, communication is less effective, details may get scrambled.

I'm not saying that is the situation for you DG. Only that it's a possibility if one is persuaded by the notion of soul-groups and pre-planning of our lives. There's a wider context to this notion without which it's not likely to make much sense I'd guess. It's something we've discussed and debated here on ALF a number of times recently and it's the principle behind Carol and Mikey Morgan's communications and those between Roberta and her guru TJ.

Based on the above argument then, we might plan - in conjunction with, and assisted by - our spirit guides that soul-group members would have a relationship during which one would pass over. The emotions involved losing the other would be a major part of the experience and all involved in planning would understand. They might also agree that to get the most from the heart-breaking experience they would not make contact with one another no matter what.

From this side of the deal it likely sounds bizarre, cruel and heartless and I may be totally wrong in what I've suggested. But in this life great sadness comes from our apparent separation from those we loved who have passed over. And from our apparent separation from the source of our being, the creator, the great spirit, God or whoever/whatever you call this thing. And we're taught it's such experiences - perhaps unique to our world - are ones that bring great spiritual progression, the reason we choose incarnations here.

So, DG, what I'm suggesting is that those of us who have never had any after-death contact with our loved ones, sometimes after many visits to mediums, may have undertaken lives intended to provide these experiences.

Please disregard everything I have said if it offends you; they are just my thoughts and there are many other reasons a loved one may be unable to get through to us.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    DenverGuy likes this.
  3. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thanks for taking the time and effort to explain all that, Mac. I will re-read the last part of your post to better understand it. That's pretty deep. I appreciate it.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I really hope none of that applies anyway, DG, and that you find a way to communicate with Mila. :)

DenverGuy likes this.
  5. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thank you, sir!

6. baob

baob New Member

Hi DG, you can try medium Chris Moon. I purchased 20 minutes and Chris extended the conversation to 30 mins. It is affordable. Even though most of time we relied on what Chris' repeated and translated, we heard fragmented words, the way they talked and the content you know they are your loved ones. According to Chris website, through the Ghost Box we can talk to our own spiritual guides, which I haven't tried. You might ask your guide why Mila doesn't want to be contacted.

7. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Baob, thanks, I will check with Chris. I'm not sure, though, that she doesn't want to be contacted. I hadn't thought of that. That's very rough to consider. really I hope that that's not the case, that she is aware of me, but has so far been unable to make contact with me. It would be devastating to hear that she didn't want to hear from me. I'll follow through.

P.S. On many sites there is a way in preferences to set up being notified of new post responses. I couldn't find that here. Is there a way? That would be really helpful.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  8. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I very much doubt that is the case. If there is an afterlife, and if our dead loved ones are aware of us (and I don't see why they wouldn't be, at least to some degree), then I'm sure she still loves you and doesn't want you to be hurting, and will therefore contact you if she is able to do so.

DenverGuy likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

In your profile go to: 'Alert Preferences', 'Messages in Threads' (top item on page) 'Receive An Alert when Someone....'

Choose what you want to be alerted about from the many options, check whichever box to select and click/touch the 'Save Changes' blue button at the foot of that page.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

There is a lot that's questionable here, baob. I won't comment on Chris Moon as I know nothing of him/her. As for being affordable that's just your opinion and you don't know others' financial circumstances.

I don't know what Chris Moon did with you but when you talk about repeating and translation it sets alarm bells ringing for me. Fragmented words and so-called Ghost Box raises more concerns as does speaking to personal spiritual guides using a device.

It's rather insensitive telling DenverGuy he might want to ask his guide why Mila (quote) "....doesn't want to be contacted." You don't know she doesn't want to be contacted! If you'd followed DG's story from the beginning I suggest that's pretty unlikely.