1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Winter Grief/Afterlife Retreat in Florida

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks very much, DenverGuy.
    Re. Your last para: you're probably like me, even if you had signs you'd dismiss them as coincidence, fantasies of the mind and so on. It's very difficult! But I think you're in good hands where you're going and it sounds very uplifting.

2. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Many thanks, Ruby. I'm glad I'm not alone with this approach.
    I am inviting my girlfriend, Mila, to this event, of course. I hope she knows...
    Also, I have the doctors excellent interactive workbook, if you would like it. It's a PDF and I would be happy to send it to you.

3. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

Good morning everyone. It's been over a year since I've posted but I've been checking in from time to time and more frequently over the last week or two. I felt compelled to offer a suggestion here that I believe might be of some help. May I suggest that you read "The Light Between Us" by Laura Lynne Jackson. She is a certified medium with not only Forever Family Foundation but also with the Windbridge Institute for Applied Research in Human Potential based in Arizona. In her book the author describes the FFF and the couple who founded it along with a little bit about them and the tests they performed before certifying a medium. Also the requirements for Windbridge to certify a medium as well. In addition Windbridge has a website: www.windbridge.org where you can find a list of their certified mediums. I believe they also explain the process they use for certification, and a list of recommendations for sitters. I think these resources might be helpful. Have a great day everyone!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
    DenverGuy likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

Windbridge has been covered before on ALF and I've a feeling DG knows about it and the FFF already. Incidentally, on checking today (For Practitioners – Windbridge Research Center) I found the following:

"Meet the Windbridge Certified Research Mediums (WCRMs)
    medium: an individual who experiences regular communication with the deceased

Before participating in research at the Windbridge Research Center, each prospective research medium was screened over several months using an intensive 8-step screening and training procedure:

Step 1: Written Questionnaire
    Step 2: Personality/Psychological Tests
    Step 3: Phone Interview (with an existing WCRM)
    Step 4: Phone Interview (with a Windbridge Investigator)
    Step 5: Two Blinded Phone Readings
    Step 6: Mediumship Research Training
    Step 7: Human Research Subjects Training
    Step 8: Grief Training

Upon successful completion of the eight steps, the medium is called a Windbridge Certified Research Medium (WCRM).

Each WCRM agrees to donate a minimum of four hours per month to assist in various aspects of the research and to embrace a strong commitment to the values of scientific mediumship research.

For compete details of the screening and training procedure, see the following published, peer-reviewed paper:
    Beischel, J. (2007). Contemporary methods used in laboratory-based mediumship research. Journal of Parapsychology, 71, 37-68.

Funding for the WCRM program has ended.
    We are no longer screening mediums."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    DenverGuy likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope things work out well for you, DG.

I shall look forward to hearing what happens and what you conclude..... :)

DenverGuy likes this.
  6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Pandora97, that is a terrific book. Thanks for the Windbridge link.
    Thank you, Mac. I certainly will post what I find out.

7. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks DenverGuy, but I'm going down the science route by enrolling for a ten-week online course in parapsychology! Inviting Mila aloud several times is a great idea. I feel so crazy doing it, but it worked for me to do that with my son a year ago when I went to see a medium!
    Pandora: Hello! L L Jackson was featured in Leslie Kean's book and she reported a remarkable reading with her, so I'll follow that up, thanks.

8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Ruby, that sounds good - please let us know how it works. Also, for what it's worth, the Dr. Parisetti's workbook is science-based. If anyone is interested, here is an introduction:

9. mac

mac Staff Member

For anyone following this thread, and for anyone puzzled about why they don't get to hear from their loved ones, I'm going to throw out a few ideas.

The first thing I have to declare is that I do not know why some individuals report fantastic contact via mediumship, unmistakable, evidential signs etc. yet others hear and see nothing. I've offered possibilities in the past and to them I'd like to add an aspect that Mikey Morgan has given guidance about - the notion of pre-planning between soul-group / soul-cell members to achieve certain experiences.

Mikey has told us he and his mom, Carol, planned before they incarnated what they've been doing since he passed over and returned 'home to spirit'. He's explained how these so-called soul-cells operate, how members journey and experience together, in differing roles across various lifetimes and often as family members in them. In DG's case I'd say it's inconceivable that his much-loved partner Mila isn't aware he's hoping she'll make contact and that he's been trying various ways to reach out to her. Others hoping to hear from their 'dead' loved ones may be doing other things but all with the hope they'll achieve success in communicating or finding evidence that leaves them certain about the survival of their loved ones.

If folk are persuaded that pre-planning can happen in the way I've suggested then I ask if you'd consider the possibility that you and your loved one(s) decided before they incarnated that the death of one of them would be experienced and that no matter what steps were taken the one who passed would not make contact.

If all that sounds crazy then ditch my suggestion but the longer I'm in this 'spooks business', the more I've had ro re-consider stuff concerning survival and communication. Not in rejecting earlier stuff but by later adding to it.

Remember that communication is essentially one-way. We incarnates don't bring it about and we can't control if, how or when it happens - not even mediums. It's our loved ones, our unseen family and friends and their discarnate facilitators that establish whatever frail communication sometimes results. No incarnate can 'summon the dead'. We can ask that they come and visit with us but we can't initiate that visit; that has to be from the 'spirit side', even when a medium is involved.

A medium simply helps in the facilitation of the contact but it's primarily from 'the other side' that the business gets done. :);) The same would apply if a medium isn't involved.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

In passing I find the business of accreditation of mediums is a little sketchy. It's not like an accreditation course for tradesmen, automotive engineers or whatever.

Mediumship isn't something you don't initially know how to do but then learn by going to school. Tests and exams don't apply. A medium may be able to show she has an understanding of what's going on, perhaps some knowledge of the history of mediumship etc. But some of the most accomplished mediums have been so-called natural mediums who have had little schooling even, little knowledge or understanding of what they're doing or about what they're being used by spirit for. They know only that it helps someone bereaved to know that a loved one has survived death, that they live on and have returned briefly to 'say' they're doing just fine 'over there'.

A medium may learn how best to make herself as receptive as possible and how to communicate a message as clearly and as accurately as possible but not how to become a medium in the first place - mediums are born and not made.