1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Winter Grief/Afterlife Retreat in Florida

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I have heard about these for a while, and have finally decided to go in January. It's probably not a good idea to plug it here, even though it's a non-profit organization, so I will just describe what it's about.
    Piero Calvi-Parisetti, MD is the facilitator. Three of four certified mediums will be there as well.
    Here's what they say:
    "This is a very special all-inclusive weekend of like-minded people and experienced facilitators coming together to SHARE, LEARN, EXPLORE, AND DISCOVER. This winter get-a-way retreat is being held in a comfortable and modern hotel in sunny Florida, and features a combination of small break-out sessions and general presentations, all designed to open minds to the reality that there is life beyond physical death. This retreat will be limited to a maximum of 50 attendees, and smaller break-out sessions will further enhance the overall experience."
    I'll go and report back to you.

SashaS likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Please do, DenverGuy. I hope you find that the experience brings you some peace, and would be interested to hear about it afterwards.

DenverGuy likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope this get-together brings what you're hoping for and I'll be very interested in hearing about what you find there, good, bad or whatever.

I also hope that the mediums there are the kind I would see as mediums. My kind would provide evidence of survival that linked to clear evidence of the indentity of their spirit communicator. That would be evidential mediumship ('spiritual mediumship') at its very best. :)

Looking again shortly after writing the above I saw that the blurb does urge caution about any hope of mediumistic communication. It also says the retreat's focus is one of (quote) "total healing".

DenverGuy likes this.
  4. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Piero Calvi-Parisetti sent me a lovely reply when I filled in a form on his website, which I've tried to find again, without success, but maybe he's too busy to post. Great guy though! I'd love to hear about it too!

DenverGuy likes this.
  5. summer826

summer826 New Member

Piero Calvi-Parisetti trained with the parapsychologist Raymond Moody.

I would love to hear about your experience.

DenverGuy likes this.
  6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thanks, Mac, and everyone. I wonder what they mean by "total healing." That's a term that I don't understand in this context. If I cut my hand and three weeks later you can't tell where the cut was, I would call that total healing. With this, though, "total healing" implies to me that one has fully recovered and has moved on (I really hate that expression) as though the loss hadn't happened, which is totally unrealistic - at least in my case. And I don't want that.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    SashaS likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

My guess is what's meant is the addressing of all the emotions of bereavement - not healing so it's like the loss never happened. Is that the thrust of FFF activities? Is there a detailed breakdown of activities and their purpose? That might help explain what the retreat is primarily trying to achieve.

Incidentally I downloaded the free explanation brochure about what to expect from mediumship and was reassured by what I read. It's what I know as mediumship.

8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I think you made a good point. When I have more specifics about the program I will report back.
    I was concerned that the retreat was an in-person version of his excellent "Love Knows No Death" workbook. (If anyone wants a free copy please message me). As terrific as that was, I wanted something beyond that. The FFF's goal: To further the understanding of afterlife science through research and education while providing support and healing for people in grief.

I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and this is what they said:

"The Grief Retreats are vastly different from the workbook. The workbook was designed as a self-help process based upon established techniques of cognitive therapy. The retreats have been designed and further revised over the years since our first one in 2007, and depend on the creation of an environment of like minded individuals and caring facilitators. The retreats provide small workshops that teach tools for maintaining your connection to your deceased loved ones, along with several opportunities over the weekend to connect via Group Spirit Communication provided by Forever Family Foundation Certified Mediums on staff for the weekend. In addition to that, there is a complete schedule of activities that are designed to open minds to the reality of Life After Physical Death."

summer826 likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

Re your underlined words, doesn't 'maintaining your connection' pre-suppose a connection already exists? Maintaining rather than establishing? :confused:

10. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Mac, good point. Those are their words, but I see what you mean.
    Ruby, did you use this URL? He is very responsive: https://www.drparisetti.com/
    It's coming down to the wire and I will be there in a few weeks. I will report back and tell you all as much as I can.
    I really want to believe in the afterlife. The problem is that the way my mind works I need some proof, something to hang my hat on. Maybe this will help. If I was able to see just one unmistakable sign from my girlfriend that would really, really help.