1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Yeah that's bang on right - you don't know and what's more you don't know how much you don't know - ask Donny Rumsfeld about that....

Science takes you deep into what's known about the science that's known about. But what about the science that's not yet known about? Scientific principles get applied to what I do - I'm analytical by training and by nature. But I also know stuff that our sciences can't yet explain and may never explain if they don't obey this physical dimension's sciences. Think they're the ONLY sciences? If so, think again....

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Wonder if you'll take it? Or even consider it? o_O

3. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

I go through phases of being able to tackle these questions and not being able too as the more I think about this subject the more fixated I become and ultimately the more bothered and negative I feel. Don't get me wrong i'm not a manic depressive or anything like that but the concept of death is incredibly unsettling and challenging for me to come to terms with and it most certainly does affect my mood. If there's an antidote to this problem I'm more than willing to consider it.

4. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

When it comes to the afterlife I am using what we do know or what we appear to know regarding our knowledge of the brain and using that information to form my opinion. There may well be some undetectable scientific quality of the brain that we don't know about that means we live forever but as it's undetectable using the tools we have and as it comes into conflict with what we have previously learned I don't believe I personally would be justified in believing it. If we learn about some extra layer of science that points to my current opinion being wrong then I'll reassess my views on the subject happily.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

My impression - based on what you're writing - is that you'll struggle to approach this subject systematically and methodically. At your young age it's maybe not too surprising but maybe also you need to put more effort into getting on with life and enjoying yourself? I'm being serious.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Fair comment but you've got some way to go in your search.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm off - Mexican train this evening!

8. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Mac, safe travels to Mexico. I had some incredible spiritual experiences in the Yucatan, hope you have a chance to visit there.
    C.T. I think it's good that you question all of this. As some others have mentioned here I don't so much believe as KNOW from what I've experienced. But at the same time my little human mind continues to grieve my loss every freaking day, some days worse than others. As I mentioned I went to 3 mediums/psychics whatever you want to call them and they all expressed things to me that they could not have had knowledge of. On one meeting after the person showed me that they were truly in contact with Her (again because they explained in detail things that only Susie and I knew/experienced so I trusted them), Susie told me "I am no longer human, you still are, I am Spirit. I understand your pain but I see things from a different perspective. I know who you were, who you are and who you will be". In a loving way She told me She is coming from a different relation with Source than I am capable of at present. I go on with what I KNOW but my "humanity" makes it so f-ing hard to comprehend sometimes.
    This thread gets contentious sometimes and I understand that. If someone questions my communication with little Susie I'm ready to kick ass and perhaps that happens here. None of us would be having these conversations if we didn't either experience such unimaginable loss or are contemplating such a loss.
    This is a wonderful, informative, helpful site but many of us posting here, me included, are still bleeding profusely in a spiritual, sense so a lot of what is posted here can easily cut to the bone because of our human fragility.
    I applaud the fact that you are visiting here and exploring. Peace.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

ah - Mexican Train - it's a domino game we play in our rec. hall - nothing so exciting as travel south of the border although I wouldn't really be interested at present - plenty to do in North America. :)

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Your situation is a sad one, bill, and not made much easier by knowing your wife isn't far away. In general terms any bereavement remains one of loss and missing someone's physical presence. Even understanding and accepting death and survival doesn't change that loss but may help take a little of the sting out of the situation. I wonder, though, if knowing that your loved one is close sometimes delays acclimatisation to their passing.

There can be a significant difference beween an (evidential) medium and a psychic, even though the words are often used interchangeably nowadays, especially so in the USA. In general a psychic may 'pick up' from their seeker details which can be fed back to give the impression the information has originated from a discarnate source - I'm not saying this is your situation - it's general observation about psychic reading and even psychics may also have some contact with spirit individuals. From reading your other postings I'm sure your wife has been making contact with you.

At other times, in other forums and threads, I've stressed the problems faced when conversations about such deep subjects are held in isolation, without an understanding and familiarity with 'the big picture'. What you've related about what your wife has said makes total sense to me but years ago it wouldn't have.

I am always wary when I hear for the first time accounts like your own. Further information from later postings paints a better picture but I try not to sound too sceptical if I respond. If I ever have then I apologise. But it's natural for any individual - in my view - to wonder about what they're hearing when such unusual accounts appear. It's natural human nature to doubt and question. Maybe that's what's happened here and in my fairly wide experience of forums similar happens elsewhere too.

Others find similar, bill, and no matter how compassionate and empathetic folk may be they can't change anything for you. I'm always uncomfortable when someone's specific difficulties become a general converation but I'm afraid I have to say that forums often work that way. Folk hear stuff they want to pick up on but it ought to be taken away to another thread and out of the context of an individual's personal situation. It doesn't often happen, though, and dicussions will come over as hurtful when they're not intended that way at all.

I'm sorry if that's what has happened to you, bill.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017