1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I can only say that I am unconcerned by this particular scientific approach. :)

Even though cellular activity may persist somewhat longer than our brain's activity our eternal selves, our eternal consciousness, operates outside of physical parameters. I don't know how I might have felt early on had I heard about these scientific observations but I've seen matters the way I do for a fair number of years.

As you learn and understand more about 'the big picture' I hope you'll find a similar level of persuasion.

Storybud68 and DenverGuy like this.
  2. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

So, in a nutshell, do you think it's safe to assume that there is a decent chance that our consciousness survives physical death?

3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I am absolutely sure of this DenverGuy! No doubts what-so-ever!:cool:

DenverGuy and Bill Z like this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I am also absolutely sure of this.

DenverGuy likes this.
  5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

It is a wonderful piece of wisdom to behold isn't it Bill?

Bill Z likes this.
  6. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Right Kim.
    I went to an incredible medium yesterday through a series of synchronicities. Susie was on fire! You could feel the energy. Both mine and the mediums hands were shaking. Love is a very beautiful and powerful force. I have been grieving deeply lately and it was not getting any easier.
    Susie reassured me in many ways and was talking a mile a minute. The medium could not catch everything She was saying. She was intent on getting through to me and kept saying "Do you hear me?" "Are you listening to me?". The medium received Susie's father's name and my daughter's name and a lot of other things only Susie and I knew. I could feel Susie's intense love and also Her concern for my depression.
    She made me promise several time to only remember Her life not Her passing.
    She has been hearing me and talking to me non stop but possibly because of my grief and depression I'm not always able to tune in.

7. mac

our consciousness? ourselves!

DenverGuy and kim marine like this.
  8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

That is a wonderful thing to have that Bill. I am happy for you!:)

Bill Z likes this.
  9. jells

jells New Member

Hi all. Newbie on board. I think it's very safe to assune that DG. I think there is more than a decent chance considering the fact that Science doesn't look at all the huge amounts of veridical evidence that is right before their eyes. They don't consider it because it doesn't meet their criteria or definitions as evidence. Thus it is thrown out of court as hearsay, in lawyer-speak. It's best to just let Science get around to discovering it themselves. Don't worry they're getting closer and closer to painting themselves into a corner.

Amore likes this.
  10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Bill - and everyone! - if you have found a terrific medium, will you please give me that medium's contact information? I am asked all the time to recommend mediums, and I would love to be able to recommend yours!

11. jells

jells New Member

I was also interested if anyone had any tips on finding a good medium?

12. Luizcarlos

Luizcarlos New Member

This article simply shows that the world is starting to wake up to the idea that more scientific research needs to be done. The research work of Dr. Sam Parnia is very significant taking into the consideration that the main stream science refuses to look into this subject. Look at the work of other important researchers such as Dr. Carl Wickland. Both his books are available on the internet: The Gateway of Understanding and Thirty Years Among the Dead. Also, I recommend reading Franchezo also available on the Internet.

In my opinion, if you want to prove life after death to yourself, you need to practice OBE. It took me a long time and a lot of work but I was able to have some OBE experiences that prove me that we are more than our mortal bodies. Look you can't just expect that in our life time science will give you full proof of life after death. You have to do your own work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  13. mac

What is most needed are contacts with those we used to think of as dead. Communication with loved ones that conclusively show their survival.

Books can take us so far but the most persuasive evidence comes from personal experience of a loved one still around to communicate. Some seekers are persuaded without that and scientific investigation and/or theories are interesting but still not proof. For now persuasive, personal evidence would be the benchmark for many seekers.

STEVEN LEVEE and DenverGuy like this.
  14. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I agree that we have to do the work ourselves. Where to start is a question for some, I'm sure.

15. jells

jells New Member

I agree Luizcarlos. I've been practicing OBEs for quite a long time and know that staying in contact with loved ones is a two-way street. And it does work. If only we could stop giving so much of our power to science maybe we would have less doubt creep in on us?

16. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Roberta,

I have gotten information from several mediums. The medium I met with last week is Karen Noe (www.karennoe.com) and she is incredible. She has several books out with another one coming out in March. She continues to be in contact with Wayne Dyer after his passing in 2015.

17. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Bill, I have a 1/2 hour session with Shoshanna booked for 1:00 PM (MDT) tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

SashaS and Bill Z like this.
  18. mac

As always I shall look forward to learning how things work out. :) good luck, good reading!

DenverGuy likes this.
  19. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Shoshanna is also very good as is Janet Nohavec (www.journeywithin.org) and many of the mediums in her church. Good luck Denver Guy.
    Curious: are you going in person or on the phone?

20. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thanks, Bill. She gave me a choice of Skype or phone, and I think I'm gonna go with phone. I am familiar with Janet. She has been certified (rigorous testing) by the Forever Family Foundation. She is very busy so I have used one of her associates - with mixed results.