1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hello Elba! Actually, science is NOT objective as it is now practiced in the mainstream. Instead it is, as you point out, "physical." And since it is becoming increasingly clear even to physicists that their core dogma of materialism is bogus, the fact that they cling to this dogma and most of them refuse to look at any evidence that contradicts their theories is pretty much the opposite of objective, don't you think?

Widdershins3 and kim marine like this.
  2. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

science is objective - people may not be :D

3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Many "Christians" go along with what science has taught humanity about reality and then want to discredit any scientific finding that discredits the Bible? Isn't that a twisted way to rationalize life?

Widdershins3 likes this.
  4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Most of the people I know in Real Life are what I call "Scientism Fundies." While believing that they are strictly rational (unlike we deluded mystics), in reality they've made a religion of Science. And, like a fundamentalist of any religion, they've narrowed their intake of information severely and rigidly, to the point where any questioning of their closely-held tenets is objected to quite violently.

The result is the opposite of what real science is--an unbiased inquiry into our world. Instead, it's a chosen mental stance that must be defended at all costs against the barbarians who would storm its made-up, securely locked gates. As Roberta says, science in our time is not objective. In fact, for a new way of thinking to get a fair hearing, the Old Guard must die off first. Literally, in some cases.

I find it really interesting that when a new discovery does sneak in and cast serious doubt upon one of their shibboleths, most claim to have "always known that"...which makes me roll my eyes so hard I swear I glimpse my brain;)

Unexpected and kim marine like this.
  5. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

This made me laugh. Thanks!

6. mac

Science used in a scientific way is objective albeit limited by what's known and not known in any particular science. What may not be objective are the individuals who apply themselves to the task - fallible humans!

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Conscious vibrations create this earth. It is noted specifically in the Bible, when people of that era called Consciousness 'God', that a special kind of conscious vibe, or breath to the people of that era, was in mankind. Humans were created in chapter 1 and then in chapter 2 Consciousness was introduced into humanity. If we know that conscious vibrations create this world, and those conscious vibes are in us, what do we think creates our life? Man and woman are no different to eternal Consciousness, but here on earth we feel there is, in order to have different experiences in different incarnations to aid our spiritually maturity.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Hardball likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

This is all so true - thanks for saying it! It's frustrating and even unbelievable, but the fundamentalist scientism freaks are even worse that the fundamentalist Christians in the extent to which they can deny reality in favor of desperately preserving their false belief system. And - yes - as the truth inevitably does dawn and they can no longer deny it, they are going to swear that they knew it all along. Oy.

9. RobertaGrimes

Freaks.

10. RobertaGrimes

Judgment is what eventually comes of half a century of patiently watching mainstream scientists altogether stonewall the truth as a united front, and thereby cause so much pain on earth that whatever good they might be doing at this point is altogether obliterated by it. For a long time I was confident that the scientific gatekeepers could not possibly be so venal, especially when some of their own leading lights - like Planck, Einstein, Tesla, and others - had independently discovered the basics of a genuine post-materialist science. But to this day they refuse to allow the afterlife evidence to be studied by any physicist who wants a career, and thereby they not only halted the advance of new scientific discoveries more than a century ago but they also are prolonging horrendous suffering over all the earth. I was kindly enough to call them just "freaks." I could with justification have used harsher words not printable.

pandora97 likes this.
  11. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

club Tropicana,there must be literally millions and millions of accounts of ghosts ,near death experiences.death bed visions,evp recordings,etct,it would only take one to be true to prove there is an afterlife,now what are the odds on that?

12. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Member

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I was aware of life situations when I was in a coma and away from my body. Now, I am experiencing those situations over again and if I desire I can choose to handle those situations in a more constructive way as a human being.

The witness of our lives is who we are and will live forever

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

We shouldn't let details block our search for the peace that exists within us.

15. mac

What do 6,400 years matter between friends? :):D

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Especially when your talking about eternity!;)

17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Have "Christians" been brainwashed by the dogma of mainstream science without even being aware of it?

18. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

If you ever return and read this Club Tropicana, I used to feel about death the EXACT way you did. It petrified me, so I put up walls in my mind, and I became too comfortable defending my fears with a cynical attitude that I lost any desire to search for truth. I then had the NDE in 1983 and things happened in my life that were absolutely impossible for me to overlook. Just take the first step, take down the guard rail in your mind and give believing in what is invisible a try! I have no choice but to believe in consciousness that has incarnated as all we see, because it has been showing up in my life for the last 34 years, and it's always a nice surprise for me when it does. I expect it too, but I never know when or how consciousness will reveal itself to me.

19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

You say: "There is no such place as 'The Kingdom' and a kingdom is a kingdom only when a king is reigning in it." I see what you are saying Mac, but wasn't this idea formed as you resided in this physical dimension? Just because that suggests religious conditioning to you doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything in 'real life'. I feel words that we speak, as humans, are lacking in expressing the potential of who we actually are, but as a human race we have become comfortable with using them as a fast and easy way to make our opinions, thoughts and feelings known. Suppose we never learned to talk as we do. What if we still drew pictures to communicate? What if texting was the only way to communicate? Imagine.... I bet it would slow down the callus words that are capable to cause a negative flow of energy and also the insults we so quickly throw around in our existence! Words are the materialization of thoughts and thoughts fly like the wind! We use these words to express our ideas that we feel are so righteous to us as individuals. I am going to begin THINKING before I speak on an impulse, because I care how words that come out of my mouth are able to make someone , no matter who they may be, feel.

A king is someone who is supposed to care for everyone in his or her kingdom. When I speak of a king I am not thinking of a person who has dominion over me or a group of people. I listen to the eternal vibrations that created this physical dimension. That is what has authority over me. Mankind can make anything he/she desires from the elements found in this dimension he/she inhabits to bring new experiences to our life here. The only thing in which he/she has no control is life. He/she has control over when he/she can experience the illusion of death, but life, itself, is totally beyond his/her control. REAL LIFE is not an illusion, but life here is experienced in an illusory place.

20. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thanks Hardball. When I was in the Conscious Vibrations of the universe I was continually seeing previous lives I had lived, but every once in a while god would interrupt me. I asked him if I could go to heaven now and was prepared to give him all the correct answers, as I always thought I must answer certain questions like passing a test before I could go into heaven. I had all my answers prepared for who I thought was god. My Guides told me I had it all wrong and that I had to let go of the ideas I had been brainwashed from living on the "physical" earth . They told me I didn't have to know anything to enter heaven, but it was more important for me to concentrate on Being a certain way.