1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

Yeah that's bang on right - you don't know and what's more you don't know how much you don't know - ask Donny Rumsfeld about that....

Science takes you deep into what's known about the science that's known about. But what about the science that's not yet known about? Scientific principles get applied to what I do - I'm analytical by training and by nature. But I also know stuff that our sciences can't yet explain and may never explain if they don't obey this physical dimension's sciences. Think they're the ONLY sciences? If so, think again....

2. mac

Wonder if you'll take it? Or even consider it? o_O

3. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

I go through phases of being able to tackle these questions and not being able too as the more I think about this subject the more fixated I become and ultimately the more bothered and negative I feel. Don't get me wrong i'm not a manic depressive or anything like that but the concept of death is incredibly unsettling and challenging for me to come to terms with and it most certainly does affect my mood. If there's an antidote to this problem I'm more than willing to consider it.

4. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

When it comes to the afterlife I am using what we do know or what we appear to know regarding our knowledge of the brain and using that information to form my opinion. There may well be some undetectable scientific quality of the brain that we don't know about that means we live forever but as it's undetectable using the tools we have and as it comes into conflict with what we have previously learned I don't believe I personally would be justified in believing it. If we learn about some extra layer of science that points to my current opinion being wrong then I'll reassess my views on the subject happily.

5. mac

My impression - based on what you're writing - is that you'll struggle to approach this subject systematically and methodically. At your young age it's maybe not too surprising but maybe also you need to put more effort into getting on with life and enjoying yourself? I'm being serious.

6. mac

Fair comment but you've got some way to go in your search.

7. mac

I'm off - Mexican train this evening!

8. bill zola

bill zola Member

Mac, safe travels to Mexico. I had some incredible spiritual experiences in the Yucatan, hope you have a chance to visit there.
    C.T. I think it's good that you question all of this. As some others have mentioned here I don't so much believe as KNOW from what I've experienced. But at the same time my little human mind continues to grieve my loss every freaking day, some days worse than others. As I mentioned I went to 3 mediums/psychics whatever you want to call them and they all expressed things to me that they could not have had knowledge of. On one meeting after the person showed me that they were truly in contact with Her (again because they explained in detail things that only Susie and I knew/experienced so I trusted them), Susie told me "I am no longer human, you still are, I am Spirit. I understand your pain but I see things from a different perspective. I know who you were, who you are and who you will be". In a loving way She told me She is coming from a different relation with Source than I am capable of at present. I go on with what I KNOW but my "humanity" makes it so f-ing hard to comprehend sometimes.
    This thread gets contentious sometimes and I understand that. If someone questions my communication with little Susie I'm ready to kick ass and perhaps that happens here. None of us would be having these conversations if we didn't either experience such unimaginable loss or are contemplating such a loss.
    This is a wonderful, informative, helpful site but many of us posting here, me included, are still bleeding profusely in a spiritual, sense so a lot of what is posted here can easily cut to the bone because of our human fragility.
    I applaud the fact that you are visiting here and exploring. Peace.

9. mac

ah - Mexican Train - it's a domino game we play in our rec. hall - nothing so exciting as travel south of the border although I wouldn't really be interested at present - plenty to do in North America. :)

10. mac

Your situation is a sad one, bill, and not made much easier by knowing your wife isn't far away. In general terms any bereavement remains one of loss and missing someone's physical presence. Even understanding and accepting death and survival doesn't change that loss but may help take a little of the sting out of the situation. I wonder, though, if knowing that your loved one is close sometimes delays acclimatisation to their passing.

There can be a significant difference beween an (evidential) medium and a psychic, even though the words are often used interchangeably nowadays, especially so in the USA. In general a psychic may 'pick up' from their seeker details which can be fed back to give the impression the information has originated from a discarnate source - I'm not saying this is your situation - it's general observation about psychic reading and even psychics may also have some contact with spirit individuals. From reading your other postings I'm sure your wife has been making contact with you.

At other times, in other forums and threads, I've stressed the problems faced when conversations about such deep subjects are held in isolation, without an understanding and familiarity with 'the big picture'. What you've related about what your wife has said makes total sense to me but years ago it wouldn't have.

I am always wary when I hear for the first time accounts like your own. Further information from later postings paints a better picture but I try not to sound too sceptical if I respond. If I ever have then I apologise. But it's natural for any individual - in my view - to wonder about what they're hearing when such unusual accounts appear. It's natural human nature to doubt and question. Maybe that's what's happened here and in my fairly wide experience of forums similar happens elsewhere too.

Others find similar, bill, and no matter how compassionate and empathetic folk may be they can't change anything for you. I'm always uncomfortable when someone's specific difficulties become a general converation but I'm afraid I have to say that forums often work that way. Folk hear stuff they want to pick up on but it ought to be taken away to another thread and out of the context of an individual's personal situation. It doesn't often happen, though, and dicussions will come over as hurtful when they're not intended that way at all.

I'm sorry if that's what has happened to you, bill.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  11. bill zola

bill zola Member

Thank you Mac. No, no one here has said anything hurtful to me, I was just addressing other posts I read here.
    I really appreciate this site and I do understand that as you said:
    " I wonder, though, if knowing that your loved one is close sometimes delays acclimatisation to their passing."
    She was very sick at the end and I am learning to deal with the fact that things are much better now. She comes to me when I need help as I work through this.

12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I agree! Some people in my life say if any scientific finding doesn't agree with the Bible they don't believe it. The Bible doesn't say we are material beings, but we have formed that notion over many years as human beings. So agreeing with things only found in the Bible is pointless and there is no thought involved in the decisions they make for themselves. There is little talk of any physicality in the Bible at all! I wonder if people who think along those lines even know what materialism actually is. I do not believe there is any actual material thing on the outside of us, but that it is projected from within us. I don't understand it, but I do believe it! It is like life happens to me and I participate with it. It has been like that since I was18 years old and I am now 53. The Highest Power in the Universe has been taking care of me!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  13. Hello TC, may be of interest to you to go online or read the books of Anthony Peake.

14. Mikey

Mikey New Member

I am no scientist, but what I know for sure is that my late wife has contacted me numerous times and in numerous ways since she passed eight months ago. The signs are there and no one can tell me different. I have also had two readings by separate evidential mediums. In those readings I was told things that no one but my wife and I would know. There are too many to list in this forum. Let's just say that I am convinced that there really is an afterlife and that I will see my beloved wife of 30 years when I pass. I have learned so much about this subject in the past few months and I have absolutely no doubts at all about an afterlife; there is just too much evidence out there.

Unexpected likes this.
  15. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Bless you, Mikey, and welcome to these forums! You are doing what is best for all the newly bereaved to do: you are conducting your own open-minded research and making up your own mind. It really all is good news!!

Mikey likes this.
  16. bill zola

bill zola Member

Hello Mikey,
    Your post is beautiful. The love of my life transitioned last June and She made contact soon after, as you say, in so many ways that we know to be true. For me the grief continues to be unbearable some days but than She will come through. She has shown me, not in a condescending way, but in a very compassionate way that She does not grieve. She understands my grieving as a parent understands a child's universe has been crushed by a stubbed toe or broken toy, if that makes any sense. And She is there to comfort me. I came from being her 24/7 caretaker when I was not working to Her being mine. Her wisdom is beyond me at this point. And I feel Her sweet love every day. I so miss Her physical form and that is the crushing pain I feel every day.
    Do you have a spiritualist church in your area?
    You are so reassuring Brother and I look forward to hearing your continued experiences with you Beloved.
    Just wanted to mention this. We used to feed the squirrels and birds in the park and She loved that. I've been going to the park with wild bird food and feeding the pidgins and gulls and sparrows. Susie is there with me giggling at us. I hold my hand out and they actually fly onto my hand and shoulder and head and I can actually pet them. When I Pull up, they know my car, and fly over to me. If little birds can communicate with us humans why do we possibly question the fact that all life, here and in other dimensions are not connected and communicating.
    Peace

Mikey likes this.
  17. mac

It's nice to hear from someone who has received so much compelling evidence from evidential mediums. It's particularly nice to hear someone other than I using that particular descriptor.

Were it that way for the many bereaved in this world who labour on uncertain, maybe dubious about the survival of their loved ones....

Mikey likes this.
  18. Elba Beolchi

Elba Beolchi New Member

19. Elba Beolchi

Elba Beolchi New Member

20. Elba Beolchi

Elba Beolchi New Member

Science is objective , physical. Even though some scientists are recognizing more than ever the spiritual reality. The brain is a vehicule, an instrument. Can the piano bring music without the pianist?

kim marine likes this.