1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Do you think we don't have lives too?

2. mac

As far as you can tell? You appear to know nowt! You want evidence? Then ask properly and not like a spoiled child.

3. mac

PsiQuest is where the big boys play, highly-knowledgeable guys who will tear you to pieces if you don't know what you're talking about.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

If you have a modicum of curiosity about anything, Tropicana, at some point you will ask an open-minded question and then respect an answer that is generously given. This website exists to help people understand at last the wonderful truth about reality, which sadly still is being obscured by a scientific mainstream gatekeeper system that a century ago adopted "the fundamental scientific dogma of materialism" (yes, you can find those words given proudly in print at the time). Mainstream science has become a religion, in other words; and apparently it is your religion, but it is a false religion. Sooner or later the truth will out. Meanwhile, your adamant closed-mindedness is disrespectful on a forum that exists to help people who actually WANT to be helped! And it is boring to people like Mac and me, who have spent our lives dealing with people who insisted on professing the dead-end faith of materialism. We are thrilled to see that your brand of arrogant ignorance is dying out at last! I will say it again: we cannot help you. Anyway, it is clear that you don't want our help. Why are you even here?

Widdershins3 likes this.
  5. bill zola

bill zola Member

Club Tropicana,
    Believe what you wish to and if you are so adamant why waste your, by your own admission, precious time with this site?
    In my own case I can offer the following which I believe to be proof of ADC:
    1)A psychic person put me in touch with my deceased partner and the first thing She expressed was the greeting I say to her every morning in Spanish. The psychic had no access to this information.
    )The psychic went on to tell me about my brother on the other side. She did not know I had a brother or for that matter a deceased brother. She said a few things that sounded like things he would say.
    3)I went to a Spiritualist church and a medium also contacted my fiance and said a gfew things that the medium had no access to.
    4)Another medium in the same church pointed at me and said "Joe is here" That is my brother. He went on to describe in detail things about my fiance and that again he had no access to.
    5)In addition because of continued research, meditation and prayer I am in direct contact with my fiance and am being guided by Her and others.
    Disregard this if you wish but people here are expressing their views, experiences and beliefs. If your's differ so be it, but I question why after making your point you continue to visit this site when , in your own words "I have been largely preoccupied with various personal matters,".
    "Me thinks the lady (man?) doth protest too much"
    Peace.

Club Tropicana likes this.
  6. mac

I think this new member has now had enough reaction to judge if he's in the right or the wrong place - he may already have left for PsiQuest which will be much more his cup of tea.

7. enby

enby New Member

i’m sorry, but where is this “anxiety fueled desperate rubbish” you’re talking about lol

ppl in this very thread have already talked about this-actually Maria first specifically talked about ppl’s experiences and asked you what you thought about them, and you obviously just ignored it all. and you were already aware of these sorts of reports and experiences anyway i’m sure. i don’t know what else we can tell you.

if you were being totally genuine and honest here, you would rly consider these experiences fairly, and i hope one day you do, becuz you would at least see that maybe, you and everyone else, including animals, have souls. and maybe just maybe we all live on

i hope you can one day at least get to that instead of thinking it’s all over, embracing the darkness, etc becuz if you could just open up to it-maybe as jimrich suggested see a medium-you can just see the possibility and not see it as so impossible and ridiculous

8. mac

quote: "i’m sorry, but where is this “anxiety fueled desperate rubbish” you’re talking about lol"

It seemed to me that it was a pot/kettle situation, the new member accusing others of something evident in his own personality. ;)

9. kim marine

kim marine Member

I experienced an NDE in1983. I saw life ithout th body
    I experienced an NDE in 1983. I also experienced life without my body. I saw things that I can not put into words. Actually, I don't believe anything we experience here on this earth, including the earth itself, is physical. I was told by Dr. Craig Hogan that everything we experience here is only scenery. It exceeds human explanation, but I am confident in my convictions regarding reality because I have been going through these precognitive experiences for the last 34 years. I was unconscious 13 days and it seems that, so far, I saw a 34 year preview of my life.

10. kim marine

kim marine Member

I am ready for a do-over of the old "core scientific dogma" of materialism. I believe everything we see here is scenery. Dr. Craig Hogan stated that a few years ago in a letter posted on this site. Actually, I don't believe there is anything on the outside of us, but that everything we see is projected from The Kingdom that is within us. I don't understand it but I do believe it.

11. mac

There is no such place as 'The Kingdom' and a kingdom is a kingdom only when a king is reigning in it. Using those words suggests religious conditioning and in 'real life' such notions mean little.

Spirit guide and teacher 'Silver Birch' (and many others I feel sure) have spoken of the very special value of life here in this particular physical dimension. So what if it is "scenery" that we're experiencing? Craig Hogan's views are interesting but not necessarily definitive. If we mortals were truly living in a scene from some greater performance why would we take any notice of anything that any other actor had to tell us? Any individual might be experiencing the same constraints on their understanding that any other nortal would. How could we tell?

Just a few points to ponder, eh? ;)

12. kim marine

kim marine Member

Yes, points to ponder and pondering points is a constructive thing to do!

13. mac

We've wandered off-topic somewhat but what the heck! :D

As I was writing my last posting I was watching a DVD of 'American Beauty'. A great movie, of course, but also with some interesting - and very relevant - words in the last couple of minutes as Kevin Spacey (yes our Kevin Spacey) reflects on his life as it flashes by him as he dies.

Take a listen to those words if you have the DVD. :)

better still:

Lester (Kevin Spacey) looks back at us; his eyes are lifeless, but he's smiling the same slight smile. He's been shot dead through the back of his head.....

He says as a voice-over: "I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die."

Scene shifts and we're FLYING across a white blanket of clouds.

He then says: "First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time...For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars...And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street...Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper...And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird..."

Lester goes on as scenes from his early life fade in and out: "I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...
    ..and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...
    You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry.....You will someday."

neat, huh? and apt.....

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  14. kim marine

kim marine Member

I agree with Mac. I have been alive forever and so has every other person who I know.

15. mac

'Club Tropicana' - A 'Wham' classic - Andrew Ridgley and, of course, George Michael, sadly now passed over.... ah..... :D:)

Stephaniellen likes this.
  16. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

The idea that an AI based on deterministic data processing, producing what's called a finite state automaton, is conscious entails that consciousness is an epiphenomenon, at least in this case. That means it is produced, but it can do absolutely nothing and has no function. Your other remark that consciousness is always correlated with brain activity runs into the problem of NDEs in cases where there is no brain activity. This can happen; for instance in a rather extreme procedure people can be refrigerated in order to perform heart surgery, and can have near death experiences as a result.

17. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Well said, Genewardsmith! Thanks!

18. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

What I am is firmly and reluctantly in the category of none believer, I want to change this if at all possible. In order for me to believe, really believe and be comfortable with that belief I need to satisfy my standards of proof.

19. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

I don't know what the main thrust of the website is as I've not explored the site, what I am however interested in is not having to have reoccurring anxiety attacks regarding death.

20. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I'd recommend psychotherapy to deal with anxieties of any kind. Good luck..........