1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

;):D

2. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

All hear say none of which can be independently verified, if energy can neither be created nor destroyed how does this apply to consciousness? Were you alive previously? No.

3. Club Tropicana

I didn't realise this was a place for believes to congregate and massage each others unscientific, deluded beliefs. I registered here after viewing maybe one topic, I thought this was a place for discussion I didn't realise the entirety of the site are already decided and ready to throw anxiety fueled desperate rubbish at people who pose real questions. It's not my fault we're all going to die, please try and remember that.

4. Club Tropicana

How does circuitry and wiring produce a picture on your TV? Now apply that to the brain along with its 100 billion neurons and unconscious matter and you get a conscious person.

5. Club Tropicana

I don't know if we have verified that AI or dragonflies aren't conscious or can't become consciousness. I believe that if you had a sufficiently advanced AI with a robotic brain that was created to be as advanced as ours or even more so that it would be conscious, I believe consciousness is just data processing. I don't see any reason to believe this isn't the case, if you have a surgery they give you drugs that interfere in your brains ability to process information between different parts of your brain and as a result you lose consciousness. If you receive a bang to the head, you lose consciousness, when you go to sleep on a night you lose consciousness. The state of consciousness a person is in or lack there of is always correlated with the various measurable brain states at that time meaning your brain is behaving differently when you're asleep to when you're awake.

It is awful to consider that when I die I won't even know I was alive, my mind and personality, memories etc (which are all functions of the brain this we know for a fact) will stop existing forever. It's utterly atrocious and I fully support the companies out there who're currently working on various gene therapies to delay or maybe even prevent this event in each one of our lives. As utterly awful and anxiety inducing as this thought is I'd be lying to myself if I tried to pretend we had reason to believe it was any other way.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I agree, dear. You have clearly happened into the wrong place. This is indeed a "place for discussion," but it is emphatically not a place for the sort of closed-minded bullying that you are trying to do. Apparently you have no actual interest in afterlife-related topics, and your mind seems to be entirely closed, so you won't be happy in a place full of open-minded seekers. You will be far better off among people who share your beliefs. Farewell.

7. mac

alive previously? We're always 'alive', immortal, eternal. Always were alive, always are alive, always will be alive. And consciousness isn't the kind of energy that the 'conservation of energy' law applies. It isn't impacted by physical dimension sciences.

8. mac

If you're so convinced by your thoughts, beliefs and ideas, why did you come here to ALF? shidad :rolleyes:

Get your body cryogenically preserved and wait 'til it can be revived. You're young enough to wait for scientists to perfect human deep-freeze. Might not be a happy ending, though, when they eventually defrost you! :D

enby likes this.
  9. mac

yada, yada, yada It's so much flim flam but go with it if you believe such stuff. :rolleyes:

10. mac

Enjoy your personal truth - I'm happy in what you'll likely see as my delusion. You happy in your own delusion?

11. mac

Nothing is your fault except for what you do casually or deliberately to bring about a negative outcome. If you prefer what you've outlined above try http://psiencequest.net/forums/index.php You'll find your match and more there.

I'm also a member incidentally.

12. mac

Just for my curiosity, where have you been since you became a member here in late September? :confused: Researching our threads or researching elsewhere?

13. Club Tropicana

I don't like being told I'm closed minded or not interested in learning or that I'm uneducated and writing nonsense funnily enough, I responded negatively to that, strange isn't it?

14. Club Tropicana

Provide evidence that this is the case, as far as I can tell it isn't.

15. Club Tropicana

I want to be frozen and I signed up because I was interested in discussing the topic with the scientific facts as a backdrop to the conversation for us to use to develop further ideas on the subject. I didn't anticipate that I'd have to argue the science. It's like having a discussion about how to build a house and my fellow builders start debating if the bricks are even bricks, it's just different to how I imagined the conversation going.

16. Club Tropicana

I don't want to believe this, please elaborate if you know something I don't because I don't want to die forever and if I can be rid of that burden then I'll take it.

17. Club Tropicana

I have been largely preoccupied with various personal matters, I'll look at that site you sent me.

18. mac

You were negative from the get-go and you do appear to be uninterested in the main thrust of this website - so why are you here at all?

19. mac

No - you do the work! I had to learn this stuff by myself and you could do the same. But better still approach us with less bombast and cynicism and ideally with a little background understanding or at least interest.

20. mac

Don't like it? No-one's making you stay. You don't get to call the tune here and if you're unable to debate with us because you don't have sufficient understanding then it's wise to keep your gob shut mi duck!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017