1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I agree with both of you. For example, there are 2,991 members. Only a few are active however

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

There are 2991 registrations but for me 'members' means individuals who are at least reading threads on a regular basis, our lurkers. They don't have to be active contributors although I wish more of them were.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I always regarded dreams as requiring at least a sliver of consciousness.

Just because it cannot be scientifically proven does not mean anything. Science 200 yrs. ago could not prove half of what we know. Maybe it is not advanced enough to do so.

Also, science is rewritten constantly. Einstein superseded Newton and Hawking superseded Einstein.

Your disclaimer is not fazing anyone.

Finally, Take the incompleteness theorems of Kurt Godel into account.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  4. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

That's good to know, but he is a conjurer, no? He does ask some inconvenient questions. I don't like or agree with him, but I try to look at both sides of things.

5. mac

You've replied to the original poster, Kurt, but he's long gone.

It's one of the longer-running threads here but its starter didn't stay to take part in the conversation.

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

That is unfortunate.... he must have been one of those trolls who come to intentionally sow discord..

7. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I just finished readin the 1st 2 pages. You are hilarious. BTW, were you referring to Shidad the brave coward?

8. mac

I don't think that was the case. I got the feeling he was an unhappy individual looking for something but confused about what it was and unable to reconcile what he was finding.

Kurt likes this.
  9. mac

shidad? It's an acronym I coined for using in certain situations about certain individuals. ;)

10. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I know who you're talking about, but could you share what the acronym stands for here?

11. mac

shaking head in dismay and disbelief (often accompanied by this :rolleyes:)

A friend who's another forum owner found me an icon to go with 'shidad' but I lost it! I may have first used the exclamation on her website - I forget - something I do increasingly nowadays! :D

bluebird and Kurt like this.
  12. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

LOL, thanks! I confess, I was wondering about it when I saw you post it in connection with certain people, but didn't know what it meant. Thanks for the clarification! :D

13. mac

One certain person has used my acronym on other websites when mocking and 'dissing' me.

14. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

The cracked pot "W" person?

15. mac

oh yes ;) He's been away for quite some time and his re-appearance here is well overdue.

I wonder what name he'll use next time - he'll be a lurker now following what's being discussed, probably copying and pasting our material elsewhere, distorting it by editing in his customary way.

Experience has shown that he's compelled to come back and after his recent ban elsewhere he'll perhaps be ready to re-appear on ALF with yet another identity.