1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the after life probably isn't true as far as I can tell.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Club Tropicana, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

That's rather harsh in the context of this thread.

I've approached the situation experienced by DenverGuy by trying to understand what didn't happen that reasonably could have been expected.

Not much experience or understanding you say? Fair enough if that's how you feel but I refute your assessment. I haven't experienced the loss of a partner as you guys have but I did hold my baby son as he passed over immediately after his birth so I'm not totally without experience. As for understanding well I disagree but spit it out and we'll see who understands.

There are points I disagree with in your piece here but I'll refrain from pointing them out so as not to be argumentative but you're mistaken on those points.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    pandora97 likes this.
  2. pandora97

pandora97 Member

I agree with bluebird, bill.
  3. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thank you all.

Bluebird, once again, your words are very reassuring. Based on my reading thousands of your words, there is NO WAY that your husband could be angry or disappointed with you. Just the opposite. I would think that he would have tons of compassion, love, and understanding for you. I have also heard the same thing - that they are more loving and understanding when they have crossed over. I really hope that you receive a definitive sign or other communication from him.

Bill, I was worried that you would feel that way. Please - you are not responsible at all. Shoshanna knew/knows you and Susie. That is a big difference right there. I liked Shoshanna. While I was (and still am) a little confused about her role. It's totally cool, Bill. I might need her in the future. I really think that a big part of this was not comprehending what she was about. She did tell me, but I was too focused and dense. Also, we had a bad connection and I couldn't hear what she was saying very clearly.

Marie, thanks for the reminder about mediums and psychics. I had forgotten that. Thank you for your encouragement, too. I bounced back quickly when I realized that my expectations didn't align with her expertise. When I realized that we were approaching this differently I was okay.

Mac, I appreciate your thoughtful responses, as always. I am going back to re-read your messages. I think the "move on" part had to do with her dedication toward emotional healing and not for what I was needing.

I am grateful to all of you for taking the time to write what you did. If anyone wonders why this forum is as good as it is, all they have to do is look at this thread.

P.S. I don't mean to pile on here, but I have never seen Mac as argumentative. I have always seen him to be helpful, articulate, and well-reasoned. Bill, you seem like a good guy, too. We're all in the same boat here, sadly enough.
    SashaS likes this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I might have spoken out of turn and I apologize. Shoshanna has helped me and many people and I felt that she was being dissed but probably a misunderstanding. Shoshanna was one of the first people to actually give me a semblance of hope but no one is 100%. Mac I am sorry for your loss. I hope you accept my apology. I posted here once that things can get heated because of this being such a painful topic and experience. Sorry.
    bluebird and ravensgate like this.
  5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you for so rigorously defending our wonderful Mac, dear Bluebird! In truth, I think there is no one who knows quite as much about these topics as he does ;-).
    pandora97 and DenverGuy like this.
  6. mac

Thanks for your support, guys, and thanks for the apology, bill.

But I will make no apology for feeling strongly about the differences between (so-called)
    psychic-mediums and spiritual-mediums and will have more to say in a separate thread later.

As part explanation I was taken in during my early time 'in the spooks' by someone I respected and trusted, someone supposedly a medium, someone I was closely involved with, helping and supporting in various ways. I didn't expect special treatment because of that but I didn't expect to get a psychic-reading when her mediumship (claimed mediumship I later realised) was the basis of everything I was working to support. I felt totally deflated by what happened and deflated that she'd do that to me, her supposed friend.

Thinking back to those times I'm equally appalled she might also have done it to others without my seeing it and while I was promoting her.
    Radical Transparency likes this.
  7. mac

8. mac

It's nice you feel this way. And now we've seen photos of you guys by yourselves, can we please have one with you together? :)
    DenverGuy likes this.
  9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I agree. Our bodies die, but we don't. Where do "we" come from? The eternal conscious Being. We are waves of eternal and incarnate Consciousness woven together.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  10. Maria

Maria Member

Mac I am glad you agree that there is a big difference between psychic mediums and spiritual/evidential mediums. After all, when you consult a medium you don’t expect to be told “you will meet someone tall, dark, and handsome” or “I foresee that you will change your career”, but that he/she will connect with your deceased loved ones and convey messages from them as well as providing proof that that they still exist. Just to add that I too love this forum and know that I will always receive good advice and support from everyone here during this painful time of bereavement.
  11. Luizcarlos

Luizcarlos New Member

Something fun to watch that also evidences life after death is Painting Mediumship. Some of these mediums close their eyes and in minutes produce amazing paintings under the control of Picasso, Monet, and many others. These artists from the past control these mediums not to show their talents but to prove the continuity of human/animal life after that which we call death.

There are many videos of Brazilian paining mediums on youtube and here are a few links.

The little we know sinks into insignificance in comparison with the great yet-to-be known. We are all students. Let us learn together if together we can help. Spirit W. James.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. mac

see: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/mediums-or-psychics.2519/
  13. mac

Let's not forget that in our spirit form we may already know far more than we appear to know as incarnates. The "yet-to-be-known" may be more of a 're-acquaint and remember' situation, something we'll find when we pass over and return to the world we left to incarnate here.

STEVEN LEVEE New Member

Hi Bill,
    Just FYI....your last line above about Mac is actually the total opposite. I met him on a different chat site about 15 years ago. This chat had very experienced British Spiritualists on it. I'd call them orthodox spiritualists if it was such a thing. Really no-nonsence to the degree of being stuffy about it even:)! But...they were great to learn from. We both learned alot at that time, though Mac already knew more than me...I think you may be a little protective of the medium:)??? I may be a little protective of Mac:)! Whatever...just want you to know he knows what he's talking about & he meant no offense to you or Shoshanna.
  15. Luizcarlos

Luizcarlos New Member

Let's also remember that not everyone subscribes to Reincarnation or do you have the ultimate truth about it?
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  16. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

While I agree that not everyone believes in reincarnation, and I don't know if mac does, or not, I don't think that's actually what he was saying. I think he was saying that once we die and end up in the afterlife (which is where we also were prior to birth), we will remember the stuff we used to know there.

[*Disclaimer: I don't know if there's an afterlife or not; what I stated above is what I think that mac was saying.]
  17. Luizcarlos

Luizcarlos New Member

I apologize if I misunderstood it but that is what I inferred from his line "something we'll find when we pass over and return to the world we left to incarnate here."
  18. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

It's possible that you're correct; I suppose we will have to wait for mac to clarify. :)
  19. mac

It's not a problem even if you don't subscribe to the notion of multiple incarnations.... ;)

All we humankind incarnated here, for the first time or the only time according to your persuasion on the matter. We came from the 'place' - dimension, level or whatever word suits you - to which we'll return. And on our return we'll become re-acquainted with what we knew and understood before we incarnated on this earth.

What we won't have known before we incarnated was what life-on-earth, and life in-the-body, were about unless we'd been here before. And even if the principle of multiple lives is fact rather than fantasy one of our incarnate lives was our first one, a time when life-on-earth hadn't been experienced.

I'm not pushing either standpoint although I am confident about my own approach. ;)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  20. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

You're very kind. I was in Mexico but am back and I will work on this. Thanks!