1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why No Nudity in The Afterlife?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Oct 6, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

Not very subtle...……...:cool:

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Now the topic of the thread has become side-tracked, and may have more appeal anyway, I'll offer a few more thoughts.

Firstly the obvious needs to be said - how an individual feels now about sex may not be the way that individual sees matters after their passing. And as Roberta has already pointed out, for most of us our etheric bodies are unlikely to have a sex drive. But I'll concede that some individuals may carry over a sexual-emotional need not met in this physical world and as like-attracts-like others may feel similarly so all may get together to meet their needs.

Where there's more a need for loving intercourse than simply physical sex I sense a conventional union might be at least partially sucessful even if it's not exactly similar to love/sex here in this dimension.

I don't know that's the case but surely it can't be ruled out?

bluebird likes this.
  3. Jack

Jack New Member

You know, Roberta, most psychologists tell you that sex originates in the mind. There is sex and there is love and when we feel love that originates in the heart and then this yearning to be as close to the object of the person's affections as we can manifests itself in erection for the man and lubrication in the vaginal canal for the female. These feelings supposedly carry over to the afterlife from what I have read--many websites and I think you have said this, Roberta, that we are EXACTLY the same person with all our thoughts, wants and desires in the afterlife as we are here. Presumably that would include an intense desire to be joined with our soulmates. You've mentioned before about the melding of spirits which is supposed to be much more satisfying than physical sex. But if we carry the exact same bodies from here over to there but in etheric form then it would stand to reason we carry our "equipment" as well. So if the desire to join with our soulmate survives death and our equipment survives then it just stands to reason that a desire to join with our soulmate survives as well. And when you get right down to it what difference does it make if if you're joining only one part of your body or joining the entire body. I think this attitude of "There's no sex over there" stems from prejudices developed over here i.e. people who have no interest in sex here will usually preach there's no sex over there and vice-versa such as in this exchange :

bluebird likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Well said, mac and Jack. I agree.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Re the section in bold text...

The way I understand things we don't have the exact same body - it's one that's just similar-looking to the one we last used, the one we spent many decades encased in.

One possible reason for our having a similar appearance after passing is that we'd probably experience a considerable shock if we found ourselves looking very different! My guess would be that a man's 'dangly bits' will be present only when he feels they should be there. I can see no reason why a woman's situation would be different from that of males - if she feels she should have a vagina then it will be there. If she doesn't it won't. Neither organ (or set of) will have the purpose in the etheric body it did in the physical one, though.

In general terms, it seems at least likely that our internal organs won't be present in our etheric counterpart bodies unless there is a need for them.

As for (quote) "I think you have said this, Roberta, that we are EXACTLY the same person with all our thoughts, wants and desires in the afterlife as we are here." I don't know if Roberta used those exact words but I disagree this will be the situation anyway.

As I understand things we pass over essentially as the same person we were when we left inasmuch as we don't change on death into something, someone, very different. But again as I understand things it's a transient state of affairs, changes in our perception and awareness developing the further away from incarnate life we become.... As I understand things we are not EXACTLY the same person we were as incarnates albeit one individual may change somewhat quicker or slower than another.

I should be desperately disappointed if I were to find I don't change very quickly from what I am now but I have no doubt at all that won't be my situation. Logically what we find individually will most be influenced by whatever change we personally want to experience or personally want to resist.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    pandora97 likes this.
  6. Wanttobelieve

Wanttobelieve New Member

There are two ways to multiply:

- If you need numerous offspring, you want to clone yourself. Mitosis is the best way to copy your successful genes as fast as possible.

- If you want to create genetical diversity, which allows your species to adapt to a changing world, then you have sex. During meiosis, mutations will occur (crossing-over). Your genes will be combined with the genes of your well-chosen partner.

WHY would a "soul" chose to have sex? It´s genes are decayed. It is not affected by climate changes or epidemic plagues. Sex would be completely useless.

You want to see me sleep scarcely dressed under a tree, sharing my air-bed with a large dog? Then have a look at me during a heat wave in August. I guess you have seen an almost naked, middle-aged, sweaty woman before. If not, you may have a closer look, I don´t care. (But beware of the dog.)

If anyone asks me to wear a robe, I will tell him that I usually wear trousers. And shirts. I will not wear a robe and I will not play a harp. Forget it.

If there is an afterlife, I expect to meet four dogs and various birds. I will need rubber boots, trousers, an oilskin jacket, a whistle and a few dead mice. Keep your robe, have fun with your harp.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

8. Jack

Jack New Member

"Exact" was a bad choice of words since I didn't mean "Exact" as in the same genes, flesh and blood, etc. I just meant the "exact" physical appearance as our human body. What's inside I have no idea. And as I've read on many websites, videos etc. apparently we can change our appearances or go back to any age we wish to be. Most websites say 30 but i think this is just the Christian influence of jesus supposedly beginning his ministry at 30. But according to numerous NDE's the person isn't even aware they died in many cases, i.e. "Hey, how come everybody's ignoring me? What happened?Can't they see me?" Anyway, if there's lovemaking, great. If there isn't I will be disappointed but this is all assuming there's an afterlife to begin with. i still struggle with doubts about it but I'm going to assume for purposes of our discussion there is.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Jack, I'm sorry, but I'm not talking about what people here say. I agree that is entirely irrelevant. But the actually dead tell us consistently that there is no physical sex there, and no desire for physical sex. Apparently the sex drive - like the ego - is, like a material body as well, part of the package that we take on when we incarnate and then shed when we go home. There is indeed an intense desire to join with others there - and not just with what we on earth think of as a soulmate! - but that joining is spiritual. It produces what I have seen described as something like a whole-body orgasm - WAY better than physical sex! - and apparently we can do this with anyone . It appears that we can have sex organs, but apparently that is optional, especially as we reach higher levels of spiritual development.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

:rolleyes:

And that's wrong.

I think your thoughts are awfully muddled.

Oh dear. :rolleyes: Do you ever read any of the other threads on ALF? We've repeatedly cautioned members about believing so called near-death experience accounts reveal what life life after corporeal death is like.

shidad :rolleyes: May I suggest, Jack, that you first focus your efforts on the fundamentals? That you try to learn the simple stuff first?
    Like some others you're trying to run when you haven't successfully taken even your first baby steps.

pandora97 likes this.