1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why No Nudity in The Afterlife?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Jack, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Jack

Jack Member

I've been doing lots of reading on aspects of the afterlife and several times the websites made it a point to say that once we are spirits we are immediately clothed in robes of various colors that never get dirty. Roberta, what's with the elders' hangup on being nude in the afterlife? What about people who have practiced nudism/naturism on earth all their lives and want to continue? Will they be forced to wear robes against their wills because other spirits are prudes or something? Can you elaborate a little on this please, Roberta?

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Roberta - to whom you addressed your questions - will answer in due course but for now I'll take a stab......

Firstly a question from me, so I can understand what you've 'heard', where did you read that (quote) "the elders" have a hangup about being nude? (compared with the section you read about colored clothes)

The answer to your second question about former naturists is that they won't be forced to do anything they don't WANT to do. If they want their bits to be visible then they can. If they don't WANT to wear clothes they will not be forced to do so.

If they feel comfortable being nude, and if those they want to be with also feel comfortable with their being nude, then so be it. Not so very different from one's personal situation in private in this world.

One thing to remember, though, is that like attracts like. The nude individual won't be able to force other individuals to be with him any more than a nude individual can do that in this world. Each has freewill.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Well, Jack, so what's with your hangup on being nude in the afterlife? Hmmm... ;-)?

I agree with Mac's response. NOTHING is forced against our will there. But it does seem that we all choose to be clothed and very rarely if ever are unclothed or partially unclothed, so let's now speculate about why. Well, presumably the human body simply doesn't interest us there as it does here, in part because we all know that we have been both genders in other lifetimes and anyway the bodies we have there altogether lack a sex drive. We seem actually to not want to bother with bodies there, so those at higher vibrations tend to dispense with them altogether unless they are teaching in a lower level. Mikey Morgan has come to some of my meetings with my spirit guides, and he looks like a ball of light. So my answer would be that bodies bore us, that since we can dress as we like we tend to enjoy dressing in various ways once we arrive; then later on, when we wear spirit robes, we take pride in that as well. It really is all good!!

4. Jack

Jack Member

To mac first:
    No, I never read that the elders have a hangup about sex. That is my surmise taking in all that I have read, and like most of us around here the amount I've read is voluminous so I can't point to any specific references. Hundreds of NDE accounts I have read always mention the elders who appear to them are dressed in robes of different colors. It's always robes, never suits or Roman togas or kilts. Just an observation. I myself am NOT a nudist but I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just that in all the thousands of accounts I have been exposed to none have mentioned nudism. Given the percentage of people who practice nudism here you'd think at least one or two accounts would show up.

To Roberta:
    Well, nudism has nothing to do with interest in the bodies of those around them. It's just the philosophy that unclothed is better than clothed. And again it has nothing to do with sex drive since according to the values of nudism/naturism sex isn't even supposed to on the minds of nudists. It's almost like a religious belief and most nudists have been raised in this lifestyle apart from heir regular daily activities like going to work and school. But Roberta, I do recall your story of the soldier who needed to have sex with a volunteer in order to believe he was still a whole man so it seems that the idea of sex and having relations does indeed go on for some after death. I have stated in another thread that being one with the entire universe and everyone in it has considerably less meaning for me than being one with ONE partner who would love me as much as I loved them and having all the trappings of a romantic lovelife i.e. nice home, children, sexual relations etc. That for me is the esseence of something to look forward to in the afterlife. If the other comes later, fine. But I'd rather start with the lovelife first.

5. mac

I didn't write anything about sex - just nudity, the theme of you questions.

If you focus on near death experience accounts you'll hear what folk say about their, well, near-death experiences. BUT they're not what is experienced after corporeal death and such accounts can be misleading and appear to have misled you. What account details do match corporeal-death accounts is in the appearance of coloured robes. I don't attach any importance to clothing styles but there seems to be no reason that you couldn't fashion a kilt
    or a toga should you really WANT such a garb. My guess is that it simply has no importance but as former incarnates - perhaps many times over - it's surely understandable that we're accustomed and comfortable wearing clothing. Beautiful robes are surely something folk would enjoy wearing, clothes of colours that reflect their spiritual 'status', not something to brag about but to simply be enjoyed by the wearer and the observers. Those who don't enjoy them won't adopt them.

I see nudism as no more than an affectation but there's nothing wrong with nudism. But maybe in the etheric world folk find other aspects to be infinely more interesting and important than their appearing nude - even assuming our etheric bodies retain the detailed anatomy of a human body.

You could just as easily argue that individuals who have lived in hot, tropical rain forests for example may not wish to wear robe-style or any other kind of clothing and for them it's not an affectation but a way of life. You don't hear about them either. Or Innuit who have spent most of their lives swaddled in furs with comparatively little of their bodies ever exposed - what might be their preference after their passing?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  6. mac

No sex drive? Yeah, right! It's one philosophy but does that mean naturists/nudists will still subscribe to such a shallow philosophy after their passing? I think not....

Seems to me you've more an interest in nudism/nudity/naturism than you've revealed. ;)

I think you're focusing on a minority occurrence and making much of it. We've debated the subject before on ALF and I'm left wondering why folk obsess over the possibility/likelihood there's human-style sexual intercourse between discarnates.

I guess how we feel is influenced on our current and previous lives. Whether we'll feel similar after our passing remains to be experienced but things are - I suggest - likely to feel very different from the way we feel as incarnates.

pandora97 likes this.
  7. Jack

Jack Member

Could be. I mean I've made it no secret that I'd like to have sex in the afterlife as long as it's with a true soulmate. I think anybody who has done it here and enjoyed it would also want it over there. Those for whom it has not the least bit of attraction likely never enjoyed it over here anyway so why would they want it over there. Many websites tease us with tantalizing sound bytes of encouragement but really they're as much in the dark about the matter as anyone who's uneducated on the subject, but for me it's the great thing to look forward to. All the other stuff is just window dressing far as I'm concerned.

8. RobertaGrimes

Sex really doesn't seem to matter to us there, because our bodies lack a sex drive; and I never have seen a report of nudism... but that isn't to say that it doesn't happen. For the soldier, it was about healing his mind, after all. We do tend, though, to gravitate to the people we loved in this lifetime, so you probably should try to have that happy family here in order to also have it there!

9. mac

Perhaps those websites are best avoided?

10. mac

This thread has moved away from the original topic of nudism/naturism on to that of sex in the so-called afterlife.

Seems to me, Jack, that your true reason for starting this thread is revealed in posting #7, viz, "Many websites tease us with tantalizing sound bytes of encouragement but really they're as much in the dark about the matter as anyone who's uneducated on the subject, but for me it's the great thing to look forward to. All the other stuff is just window dressing far as I'm concerned."

The original questions about nudism appear to have been a way to get to what was really behind those questions. ;)

11. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Not very subtle...……...:cool:

12. mac

Now the topic of the thread has become side-tracked, and may have more appeal anyway, I'll offer a few more thoughts.

Firstly the obvious needs to be said - how an individual feels now about sex may not be the way that individual sees matters after their passing. And as Roberta has already pointed out, for most of us our etheric bodies are unlikely to have a sex drive. But I'll concede that some individuals may carry over a sexual-emotional need not met in this physical world and as like-attracts-like others may feel similarly so all may get together to meet their needs.

Where there's more a need for loving intercourse than simply physical sex I sense a conventional union might be at least partially sucessful even if it's not exactly similar to love/sex here in this dimension.

I don't know that's the case but surely it can't be ruled out?

bluebird likes this.
  13. Jack

Jack Member

You know, Roberta, most psychologists tell you that sex originates in the mind. There is sex and there is love and when we feel love that originates in the heart and then this yearning to be as close to the object of the person's affections as we can manifests itself in erection for the man and lubrication in the vaginal canal for the female. These feelings supposedly carry over to the afterlife from what I have read--many websites and I think you have said this, Roberta, that we are EXACTLY the same person with all our thoughts, wants and desires in the afterlife as we are here. Presumably that would include an intense desire to be joined with our soulmates. You've mentioned before about the melding of spirits which is supposed to be much more satisfying than physical sex. But if we carry the exact same bodies from here over to there but in etheric form then it would stand to reason we carry our "equipment" as well. So if the desire to join with our soulmate survives death and our equipment survives then it just stands to reason that a desire to join with our soulmate survives as well. And when you get right down to it what difference does it make if if you're joining only one part of your body or joining the entire body. I think this attitude of "There's no sex over there" stems from prejudices developed over here i.e. people who have no interest in sex here will usually preach there's no sex over there and vice-versa such as in this exchange :

bluebird likes this.
  14. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Well said, mac and Jack. I agree.

15. mac

Re the section in bold text...

The way I understand things we don't have the exact same body - it's one that's just similar-looking to the one we last used, the one we spent many decades encased in.

One possible reason for our having a similar appearance after passing is that we'd probably experience a considerable shock if we found ourselves looking very different! My guess would be that a man's 'dangly bits' will be present only when he feels they should be there. I can see no reason why a woman's situation would be different from that of males - if she feels she should have a vagina then it will be there. If she doesn't it won't. Neither organ (or set of) will have the purpose in the etheric body it did in the physical one, though.

In general terms, it seems at least likely that our internal organs won't be present in our etheric counterpart bodies unless there is a need for them.

As for (quote) "I think you have said this, Roberta, that we are EXACTLY the same person with all our thoughts, wants and desires in the afterlife as we are here." I don't know if Roberta used those exact words but I disagree this will be the situation anyway.

As I understand things we pass over essentially as the same person we were when we left inasmuch as we don't change on death into something, someone, very different. But again as I understand things it's a transient state of affairs, changes in our perception and awareness developing the further away from incarnate life we become.... As I understand things we are not EXACTLY the same person we were as incarnates albeit one individual may change somewhat quicker or slower than another.

I should be desperately disappointed if I were to find I don't change very quickly from what I am now but I have no doubt at all that won't be my situation. Logically what we find individually will most be influenced by whatever change we personally want to experience or personally want to resist.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    pandora97 likes this.
  16. Wanttobelieve

Wanttobelieve New Member

There are two ways to multiply:

- If you need numerous offspring, you want to clone yourself. Mitosis is the best way to copy your successful genes as fast as possible.

- If you want to create genetical diversity, which allows your species to adapt to a changing world, then you have sex. During meiosis, mutations will occur (crossing-over). Your genes will be combined with the genes of your well-chosen partner.

WHY would a "soul" chose to have sex? It´s genes are decayed. It is not affected by climate changes or epidemic plagues. Sex would be completely useless.

You want to see me sleep scarcely dressed under a tree, sharing my air-bed with a large dog? Then have a look at me during a heat wave in August. I guess you have seen an almost naked, middle-aged, sweaty woman before. If not, you may have a closer look, I don´t care. (But beware of the dog.)

If anyone asks me to wear a robe, I will tell him that I usually wear trousers. And shirts. I will not wear a robe and I will not play a harp. Forget it.

If there is an afterlife, I expect to meet four dogs and various birds. I will need rubber boots, trousers, an oilskin jacket, a whistle and a few dead mice. Keep your robe, have fun with your harp.

17. mac

18. Jack

Jack Member

"Exact" was a bad choice of words since I didn't mean "Exact" as in the same genes, flesh and blood, etc. I just meant the "exact" physical appearance as our human body. What's inside I have no idea. And as I've read on many websites, videos etc. apparently we can change our appearances or go back to any age we wish to be. Most websites say 30 but i think this is just the Christian influence of jesus supposedly beginning his ministry at 30. But according to numerous NDE's the person isn't even aware they died in many cases, i.e. "Hey, how come everybody's ignoring me? What happened?Can't they see me?" Anyway, if there's lovemaking, great. If there isn't I will be disappointed but this is all assuming there's an afterlife to begin with. i still struggle with doubts about it but I'm going to assume for purposes of our discussion there is.

19. RobertaGrimes

Jack, I'm sorry, but I'm not talking about what people here say. I agree that is entirely irrelevant. But the actually dead tell us consistently that there is no physical sex there, and no desire for physical sex. Apparently the sex drive - like the ego - is, like a material body as well, part of the package that we take on when we incarnate and then shed when we go home. There is indeed an intense desire to join with others there - and not just with what we on earth think of as a soulmate! - but that joining is spiritual. It produces what I have seen described as something like a whole-body orgasm - WAY better than physical sex! - and apparently we can do this with anyone . It appears that we can have sex organs, but apparently that is optional, especially as we reach higher levels of spiritual development.

20. mac

:rolleyes:

And that's wrong.

I think your thoughts are awfully muddled.

Oh dear. :rolleyes: Do you ever read any of the other threads on ALF? We've repeatedly cautioned members about believing so called near-death experience accounts reveal what life life after corporeal death is like.

shidad :rolleyes: May I suggest, Jack, that you first focus your efforts on the fundamentals? That you try to learn the simple stuff first?
    Like some others you're trying to run when you haven't successfully taken even your first baby steps.

pandora97 likes this.