1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

why do we need to learn lessions through incarnation?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Richard, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Richard

Richard Active Member

I would like to know what you all think about this. Why, if god is all knowing, and we are part of him, do we have to learn lesions through this life on earth. Is it possible that god learns through our life experiences? Everyone of us here on earth is unique and has unique experiences. Your thoughts please.

2. LOL, you don’t waste anytime do ya brother. Just cut right to the chase. Modern science can’t find their consciousness with both hands and you’re asking if it’s possible if god learns through our life experience. LOL. To my knowledge god hasn’t given any recent interviews.

I’m just teasing you. You just made my day. Seriously though, there is a bunch of stuff about why we incarnate. Most of the information has been gathered through mediums over the last 150 years or so. I’ll let the experts handle this one. R. Craig Hogan’s book is good with the evidence. I bought it and skimmed it recently as I already read most of it on his site and the book is off to somebody that needs it more than I. I’ve got two copies of Roberta’s book circulating among those requiring less evidence.

(It's a holiday weekend, the experts might be on vacation.)

Funny stuff though guy.

3. Gypsyblue

Gypsyblue Active Member

Great questions! Wish I knew the answers.

I think I am a focal point of experience for God. But whether God learns from my experience on his/her behalf or just enjoys the show, I don't know.

I do think we're learning to be who we actually are, which is not our thoughts or our bodies - we're love - like God.

There are those who believe that Jesus' mission was to cause the arising of compassion in us - to get us out of the lower chakras and into the heart chakra and above. Jesus was willing to suffer and die on the cross to achieve that.

I believe St. Paul may have written something along those lines but I can't remember the quote.

Joseph Campbell has also spoken and written about that. The Power of Myth is a wonderful book to just leave out and read from a little each day. I believe he mentions the St. Paul quote in that book.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Richard, your question was the very one that troubled me most during all my years of doing afterlife research. If God is already perfect, and if each of us is part of God, then why the heck aren't we perfect, too? Why do we ever have to learn anything? The only answer that ever has made sense to me comes from A Course in Miracles. According to the Course, this universe is essentially an accident. "Into the mind of the Son of God came a tiny, mad idea at which the Son of God forgot to laugh." That crazy idea was the thought that separation might be possible, and since Mind is so infinitely creative, the thought gave rise to the fact of separation. God immediately reached into the breach and ended that separation. The universe was over before it began, and we are already back safe in God. Within God we are perfect, too - we don't have to learn anything! But because matter, energy, time and space were created in that instant of separation, within illusory time the universe goes on. We feel tremendous guilt for having caused the separation, so we are "hiding out" from God's wrath; but here within time that reaching-in and rescuing of the briefly-separated parts continues. We choose to incarnate and learn lessons so we can un-learn fear and selfishness and the illusion of separation, and so we can re-learn love and forgiveness and complete our reunion with God which actually happened long ago outside of this illusion of time. So God doesn't need our learning at all, dear friend! We need it so we can re-attain a perfection that fits us to rejoin our Source.

5. Richard

Richard Active Member

Wow!!! Thanks for the response, Roberta, it will take me a while to have the cosmic accident explanation sink in. What is the evidence for this? Is it also mediums? The way I see it, and this is just a feeling I have is that the physical world does not need consciousness, and that consciousness and the physical world are distinct from each other, and that our human brains are conduits to the universal consciousness experiencing the physical world. We are all unique individuals, and have unique and different personalities, and yet our consciousness, is the same, and never ages. I may be way off base but this does makes some sense to me!!

6. Annie

Annie New Member

I dunno, it just seems weird to me, if God is so perfect then how could it have made such a mistake/accident? I think it's possible though. But I think it's also possible that maybe we all decided to separate because, like you said Richard we (or God) wanted to have new experiences. I also wonder if we all started at lower levels of the Summerland and some how one by one decided that we wanted to move upwards, so we came up with the idea of humans on earth and started reincarnating as them. It started slow at first, but more people jumped on the bandwagon as the population grows, and they continue to do so.

These are just theories, I have no idea though, it's just hard for me to fathom that God could screw up like that. Maybe Mikey will know something about this?

7. Yeah Annie, the Course In Miracles explanation doesn't sit well with me either. It really hasn't at any time I've seen it on the forums.

If I recall Mikey said something about God has always existed. The idea of new souls and/or possibly children of God makes more sense to me. That really seems more plausable than the "ooops" theory, but what do I know?:D

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

There are different ways to interpret what is said in The Course. Personally, I don't see it as a mistake by God at all. The book itself uses Christian terminology, so the "blame" appears to fall on Yeshua. Apparently, the Son of God is the one who thought this whole thing up. It may not actually be Yeshua specifically though. It doesn't make sense that Yeshua would be individually aware at this point. Here is my interpretation of this theory:

God was always perfect and always existent. At some point though, a portion of God's creative energy thought up the idea of separation from God. This energy would be the Son of God mentioned in The Course. One in being with God, but creative and powerful. Once this portion separated from God (or perhaps even during the process), He stepped in and fixed it, since He knew that it wasn't a good idea. The problem was that, during that moment, time was created, and we are still stuck in that time.

Does that make more sense to anyone? God is perfect, but some of this Mind energy is a little zealous.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
  9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Rude Awakening! Do you know exactly what Miky said about this? I am curious. Anyway, the evidence I am familiar with tells us that Mikey is right - God was never created, He always was. And of course we are one in being with Him, and it is only a clever illusion that makes us believe otherwise. All of this however, does not appear to conflict with the Course in Miracles theory of creation. So I am a little confused as to what the theory that Mikey mentioned was. Do you know where Carol posted it? Thanks!

10. Hi Andrew, isn't today your birthday?

You know all I can remember is Mikey saying God has always existed. I don't remember anything else about it and to be honest I'm not sure why I included it in the above post. This was probably a week or more ago that I remember Carol saying that via Mikey, we would have to go back through her posts, but I don't know if there was anything relative to our separation in the post. Sorry......It appears to be just some random thought of mine that got included incorrectly in that post.