1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why do near death experiences make some people more religious

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Ask21771, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Ask21771

Ask21771 New Member

Most near death experiences make people more spiritual but some become more religious, why is that?

2. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Last I saw of you was back in the beginning of February. If I'm not mistaken you were on the same subject back then and had already started multiple threads here and as another member noticed on other sites as well. Are we going to discuss it again? :rolleyes:

3. Ski

Ski

Lol, Pandora...

To answer your question, Ask...I assume it's because they need to be told how to be spiritual, instead of being themselves. So being religious is their way of being spiritual...it's what they have been told and what they believe. Beliefs make up a huge part of our reality, so being religious to them, may be their equivalent of being spiritual and doing the right thing.

I'm not religious, and my NDE didn't make me religious....but it did make me want to be a better person, and to learn more about life and the afterlife, ect...and about myself and others...it actually made me want to help others, and to see passed their flaws, hate, and meanness....and see them in a different light, from a higher perspective. It also helped me to forgive myself, amd have the same understanding for my own shortcomings.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I have moved this new thread into the NDE forum. :)

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Why would we know why? What do you think the answer is?