1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why can't sex not be meaningless in the hereafter?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by seanmc, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Member

sean, I don't know if you're still around and will read this so I am going to give you my personal view using many hundreds of hours on the web exploring these topics you raise.

First with much respect to Roberta, she literally "wrote the book". So I only have thing to take her to slight task about and that is her humorous irritation with your superficial standards for the kind of girl you want. It's okay to have them. Men are wired differently than women so women would be more apt to be attracted to the cerebral rather than the physical. Wanting the kind of girl you want is just a manifestation of the biology that was built into men back to the dawn of man. Early man sought out the best looking, most physically superior females to pas their genes onto. It's :survival of the fittest" stuff so don't let Roberta (apologies, Roberta :p ) or anyone else dissuade you from your dream for a "blond, green-eyed beautiful" girl. Nearly all of us miss out on the girl of our dreams (and some of us like yourself miss out altogether) so dream on and good luck.

Second, God has nothing to do with your life down here. He is a deist God--He doesn't get involved in our lives or directs them a certain way so the reason some get the most beautiful girl while others get the gate is pure luck, chance, odds--nothing more. They took a right turn while you took a left turn and the beautiful girl just happened to be around the right corner. That's the extent of it. Sometimes aggressiveness has something to do with it. Aggressive men are more successful with women than passive ones (Faint heard never won fair lady). What has a LOT to do with it again is looks. If you are short, bald, slight of physique, and not facially attractive then all these negative traits are going to turn off a young girl primed for procreation. It's just evolution again. The girl wants to mate with the best physical specimen out there to carry on her genes. I hope some of that helped. Again, don't be cynical at God, He has nothing to do with it.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've closed this talked-out thread because it's three and a half years old and seanmc hasn't been around for quite some time. I've left Jack's posting in this thread but if anyone wants to pick up the subject again please start a new thread - thank you.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Very wisely said, dear Jack, and no apologies needed! The key difference between here and there where sex is concerned is that our bodies there have no sex drive. Zero. Mikey Morgan says in his wonderful Flying High in Spirit that since he died at 20, he knows how having a sex drive feels, so he can confidently tell us that his body there doesn't have one. (Actually, what he seemed to miss most of earth as he was writing that book was burritos!).

mac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.