1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why can't sex not be meaningless in the hereafter?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by seanmc, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac

mac Staff Member

I was in bed when all that was happening so thanks for pointing this out in my absence...

It's not the first time this has happened and I don't know why. The last time that 'mac.' was around and posting as if it were me, 'mac' (without a full-stop/period character) was probably around a couple of years back on another website. It seems an individual likes following me but I wish he didn't. (I'm usually gender-neutral but my guess is that it's a sicko male.)

It would be better if a new member wasn't able to post without being vetted. But using such a displayed name is the only instance I'm aware of. The prior vetting necessary might be a sledgehammer to crack this particular nut though. (pun intended!)

Imagine how you'd feel if your identity was spoofed by another individual adding . or _ to your registered name and making it appear that you are swearing or being offensive. Yes it soon got stopped here but I wonder if this emotionally deficient individual is doing something similar elsewhere.

I'd bet a dollar to a cent he is!

2. Celera

Celera Active Member

I missed most of the "fun" myself, but from what I can see, the imposter cleverly played on your real disagreements with Waller and made you seem just a little more cranky than usual. And then a little more and a little more until it became obvious it wasn't really you. For a troll, he put quite a lot of thought into making you, in particular, look bad. I can see why that would be disconcerting.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm thankful I don't understand why this individual feels such effort is worthwhile. It's perhaps that for him there is little effort involved in first registering in the crafty way he did and then beginning to make postings. And of course in this particular instance there was no subtlety in what he wrote, no real attempt to masquerade as me. He knew full well that swearing and bad manners would quickly look out-of-character for me and lead to regulars questioning what was happening rather than becoming annoyed or upset.

He would have anticipated the resultant ban from the outset so perhaps what's most surprising is that he wrote so little before that happened. A half-hearted attempt at trolling but likely not the only one he'll carry out. I suspect he'll be around this and maybe other websites just watching and waiting 'til another opportunity, albeit one where he has to use another pseudonym. :)

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, we are fortunate to have had little trolling here and I promise to stay on top of it. Above all, this forum exists as a safe place for people to discuss the afterlife evidence and to get their questions answered, and bullying of any sort won't be tolerated. I hope it pleases you, Mac, to see that your friends here all had your back!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's always pleasing to find I'm being looked after. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.