1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Why can't sex not be meaningless in the hereafter?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by seanmc, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanmc

seanmc Active Member

I've been reading threads and articles that portray the idea that people in the afterlife have no need for sex. I can accept that in the afterlife there is so much to do, things much greater than the act of sex. Considering on Earth that there are some people that have no good luck or experience with women, what happens to them? Or does God even care? I am having doubts right now that God really cares about some men's success with women. I don't want to die a tired virgin, I am adamant that I can't. Why does God give some lucky people success with women and sex on this Earth, but some men aren't very lucky.

Having an actual partner is another thing. I am actually passionate about physical beauty, not just emotional or social intelligence. But, seeing as very few women in the world are physically beautiful by our (sometimes) cultural standards (I live in America, so beauty is subjective) and so few men have access to these types of women (unless you are rich and successful) on this Earth, I may not desire the afterlife as I should sometimes. I'm trying to explain my meaning here. My personal decription of physical beauty is long, blonde hair, light skin and blue/green eyes, along with generally beautiful features (face, body etc). I don't know, I'm not rejecting the afterlife, but I'm rather cynical at God. I really do wish that one of the girlfriends I can have on this Earth meets many of my descriptions.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh my goodness, dear Seanmc, have you any idea how shallow you sound? I understand that males are more visual, but for heaven's sake. "Blue/green eyes"? Do you ignore every girl who doesn't meet your personal ideal? Perhaps that's your problem, dear - perhaps if you just got to know a nice girl who wanted to know you, and who (sadly) had hazel eyes, you might get somewhere! My husband was not remotely my ideal when I met him, but once we started talking and I started kind of liking him he started kind of looking better to me, and vice-versa, and one thing led to another, and that was nearly a half-century ago. Just loosen up, dear Sean, and give your possibilities a chance to come real!

Ironically, sex in the afterlife levels seems to have no morality attached to it, and anyway you have had sex in many other lifetimes and you can access those memories after you graduate, so sex is not an experience that you never will have, even if you don't manage it here.

Don't take it out on God, though. God really isn't involved in your sex life, either way!

3. MalMac56

MalMac56 New Member

Thanks for the laugh Sean, I was feeling a bit down today. :)

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Delete the thread.

5. Rimbaud

Rimbaud New Member

One simple question: what does "God" have to do with the afterlife? I don't think there is a "God", but I do firmly believe that we survive bodily death, via some probably sub-quantum process that we don't yet (and may never will) understand.

Whenever I read about the potential of an afterlife, talk of "God" is never far behind. It annoys me, quite frankly.

6. Rimbaud

Rimbaud New Member

But getting back on topic, you sound ridiculous, Sean. Are you being serious?

7. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

I can empathize, seanmc

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Perhaps we should delete this thread, PB, but I have of late come to think that our culture's obsession with sex is an artifact of seventeenth-century puritanism and eighteenth-century misogyny and twentieth-century sexism, and it's time to put sex in its place! A central human experience is reviled and glorified and considered to be taboo for discussion? I think it's time to stop simultaneously blushing and leering, and to do that we've got to begin to talk about sex as just another normal human experience. As you may know, I seem of late to have become obsessed with using fiction to explore what the afterlife evidence tells us about human nature and the nature of reality, and I note from the reviews of my novels that some readers are surprised that what are mainstream literary novels include on-camera sex where appropriate (also on-camera bathroom use and barfing and whatever else is going on). The third novel in my series, Letter from Wonder, is actually built around attempts to achieve the body-melding sex of the afterlife levels while we're here. Why shouldn't love stories include love scenes? It's time to both elevate and denigrate sexuality to what it simply is: normal.

9. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

(Groan...) so you would like god (however you define the word) to provide you with a barbie doll on your afterlife welcome wagon??

10. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

If your view of what a good partner would be for you, here on earth, is limited to a certain set of physical characteristics, then that explains, at least in part, why you don't have a partner.

There's nothing wrong with having preferences, everyone does (blond hair or brown hair, tall or short, etc.). But (1) if you don't view anyone who doesn't fit your narrow conception of very specific traits of beauty as a possible partner, you will likely be quite disappointed, and (2) not everyone ends up with someone physically beautiful, and generally the more physically attractive you are, the more physically attractive your partner will also be (this is not always the case, of course, and also I have no idea of your relative aesthetic attractiveness, I'm just speaking generally).

As for the afterlife -- no one knows what it's like there, if there even is an afterlife. Maybe we don't have a physical or physical-appearing body at all. Maybe you will no longer be concerned only with physical beauty.

I don't believe there is a god, but if there is then I doubt it is concerned with "some men's success with women" -- why should it be? Whether you find a partner and/or have a relationship and/or have sex is on you, not on god. If you want to find a partner here on earth, you would do better to try to moderate your attitude towards women, because your current attitude is not attractive, and it's my guess that it's that which is making you have "bad luck" with women.

Become friends with some people, some of them women. See if anything develops from that. Don't have such a rigid view of beauty. As it happens, my husband is in the realm of what I find attractive, but I wouldn't say he was physically perfect (very few people are). But even though I was attracted to him immediately, I can tell you that he also became more attractive to me, physically, as I grew to love him. That's just what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.