1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

whos going to scottsdale this year ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Truth seeker, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

Who will be attending this year reunion on scottsdale ?

there will be an day before welcoming like last year ?

Will Carol.Morgan be there ?

I hope can be there....I want to meet Victor Zammitt, Jurgen and Sonia Rinaldi..

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hi Truth Seeker! Thanks for mentioning our big event, which will be the biggest one yet: Craig Hogan has just let me know that we are already passing the 2015 attendance mark, with another two months of registrations to go. We are calling it a "Symposium," both because Craig is tired of the word "Conference" and because it really won't be just another conference: this one promises to be groundbreaking, and as always with our events people will get to meet and spend time with many of the presenters. The schedule will be about the same as 2015, but we don't believe that Carol will be there; she has been invited to present, but she has work conflicts. However, the Zammits will be there all the way from Sydney, and George Noory will again be there, and Sonia Rinaldi: it promises to combine all the best of both 2014 and 2015! (We skipped 2016 for various reasons.) If anyone is interested in checking it out, go to afterlifestudies.org while the big discounts on room rates are still in effect, and while early-bird pricing remains (through 7/15)!

3. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

I have already bought my ticket, if God allow it I will be there seeing you again Roberta ...

4. RobertaGrimes

I look forward to it!!

5. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

I wish I could go. I am actually out of the country for work during the event :(

6. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Roberta, do you think they will ever offer an option for live feeds so others can view the symposium or possibly recording the speakers and making the videos accessible to view at a later time? I would love to attend but cannot.

7. RobertaGrimes

We are looking into all of this, Unexpected. Live-feed is too costly and won't pay for itself, but we are going to be recording all the presentations and probably starting a Meet-Up program in the United States that will provide one or two online versions of the live program given in Sept at relatively modest cost.

Unexpected likes this.
  8. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

That's wonderful news! It seems like Arizona is the hotbed for mediums, etc yet I'm nowhere near there so this is an exciting possibility.

9. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

Anyone know when the Dvd with all this year conferences is going to be released? and where we can purchase it ? I hope they have international shipping...

10. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I didn't think there was to be a DVD release but Roberta had suggested an online recording might be available at some point - see posting #8.

I'm sure she'll let you know shortly.

11. RobertaGrimes

There is some internal debate on the AREI Board as to what to do about the presentation videos. If they are sold inexpensively, will people wait and buy the videos next year and not attend the event? What do you think?

12. mac

It was said that the arrival of video cassette players, then DVD players would herald the death of movies and theatres that showed 'em. Three decades on and movie theatres are doing big business and folk are buying TV box sets and streaming movies. It seems they enjoy every form of medium. :D

I don't see that a recording would be a substitute for a face-to-face meeting, especially here in the beautiful Vally of The Sun, Phoenix, Arizona. :)

13. RobertaGrimes

True! But both the ASCS conference last year and the IANDS conference this year suffered a noticeable decline in attendance when people knew they would be able to simply buy the contents of the presentations and play them at home. We are trying to determine what will help people most without taking away from attendance. Stay tuned!

p.s. No, DVD players didn't kill movie theaters in the U.S. It is Netflix and Vudu that are doing that now....

14. mac

good points! :D

15. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

I think I have a solution.... You could sell only the Dvd to the persons that actually attended the conference ! That way we can keep our favorites keynotes and you wont hinder new curious visitors :)

16. RobertaGrimes

We are still wrestling with this! The consensus seems to be that for now we won't sell whole presentations, but we will eventually make them part of the online university that we are planning to start at some point.

17. mac

Will your university offer online degrees? o_O;):D