1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Who leads us in life here on earth?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by kim marine, Feb 3, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Who's advice is best to follow here on earth? Do we follow what other people say, who we can see, or do we follow our invisible instincts that are directed by Higher Beings? Sometimes I have thoughts that can cause me to worry or be frightened big time, but then I look at the big picture and realize it is already complete. When I do follow what is invisible things are seemingly handled on their own. As many of you know I had an NDE and during the time when I was unconscious of life here on earth I was conscious of a new life in another place. I saw my whole life cast before me. Now that I have been conscious of life here for 34 years I am unable to recall what I saw, but I have experienced precognitive moments and have premonitions more frequently. Why do you suppose I go through this fear? So I can keep reaching for goals in front of myself in order that I evolve spiritually?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

That's a difficult question. I think there are 3 main areas we draw from:

1. We try to find people who know what they are talking about and have our best interests at heart, people we trust.
    2. We try to tune into our gut feelings or intuitions about things.
    3. We ask/pray for guidance and try to be open to it.

And of course, we also use our reason and knowledge to guide us.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Whenever I hear this or a similar question my thoughts go back almost 30 years to a time when I faced some difficult decisions.

I was then just beginning to learn about 'matters spiritual' and about helpers and guides and was sitting for development in a closed group at my local Spiritualist church. After the group session ended I got talking to the leader and wailing that I wanted to keep myself 'open' to guidance by any helpers/guides around me, to be 'guided' into making the 'right' choice as I approached the difficult decision facing me.

I don't remember the leader's exact words but he told me that his way was to do the best he could concerning matters of the spirits and to get on with his day-to-day life in the way he thought best. I follow that same sentiment to this day - my life, my direction and my responsibility.

I trust to others only when I don't trust myself and only when I am confident someone deserves my trust.

jells likes this.
  4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I was twisted in my mind when I wrote the opening post to this thread, but I had a good day full of good vibes and my mind was able to hear harmony. I wrote the opening post in the morning, and I sometimes wake-up with grand spiritual notions; I guess that is what you'd call them. As the day progressed I participated in the activities of my life, and the things that we normally and usually encounter and think of as being solid things composed of matter spoke to me in a way no human would be able to by way of the ordinary words we use. Matter speaking to me has happened before too. I just see images in my mind and feel intense comfort. Since this whole earth and everything in it is made of the energy of Consciousness I think it is pretty normal for material things to speak to me, or anyone for that matter, using a form of communication beyond typical human communication.

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Is everything finished or complete in the spiritual realm? Are we just unable to conceive of that in our eternal mind, since we have been deluded by this plane where we seem to believe in death?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

What do you mean by this question, Kim?

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

The Source of Consciousness gives us a life that has been completed by a higher being maybe in another plane? Isn't it best that we listen to our Higher Self, since they are more wise?

8. RobertaGrimes

Dear, consciousness doesn't have a source. Consciousness IS, and it is the only thing that objectively exists. YOU are the higher being on that other plane - you strip down to maybe five percent of your eternal mind, and you come here to develop yourself spiritually very much as you would go to a gym to develop physically; but you are always also that higher being. There is no distinction; the only difference is that most of us cannot actively access our vast eternal minds while we are in bodies.

kim marine likes this.
  9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

It's mind blowing isn't it, Roberta?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Are some of the things that we see in our mind, while in the body, memories of past lives that we just need to press through? Why must we see discouraging things? Why can't we recall only good things?

11. RobertaGrimes

It really is impossible to know! All you can do is tend to your lessons, always choosing love over fear, and know that your spirit guides always are with you and caring for you. All really is well!

kim marine likes this.
  12. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I think our eternal mind is precisely where we can understand it. Completion is an aspect of eternity, and in eternity is where it is known.

kim marine likes this.
  13. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Your mind is yours to rule. You can train it, and since your mind is powerful, until you do you are susceptible to creating fear and discouragement for yourself. The good news is, as I said, your mind is yours to rule.

kim marine likes this.
  14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I really liked reading these replies to my posts, Roberta and genewardsmith! Thanks!:)

genewardsmith likes this.
  15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Many people seem to feel this world is all there is and see or feel no need to alter there minds. Have you ever had any sort of spiritual experience that allowed you to see things differently?