1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Doesn't Like Aliens?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Waller, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Not happening, dear. Earthly fame is irrelevant! Mr. Bowie was well liked for his artistic work, but that is not relevant either. What is relevant is the degree by which we have succeed in raising our spiritual vibration, and the sort of life that he led would have made spiritual growth while here quite difficult. Just sayin'.

2. mac

mac host

Most of us, I'd hazard a guess, never know during life incarnate just how spiritually advanced another individual may be. And celebrity, knowledge or even apparent spirituality are no automatic indicator of it. The most humble, simple individual may in reality - there we go with that word 'real' again! - be spiritually advanced but chose to experience such an incarnate existence.

And those who are spiritually advanced enough to be able to directly discern another's actual (rather than seeming) spiritual status are also likely to have no need to disclose or discuss it....
    ;)

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Very well said; I absolutely agree.

4. janef

janef Moderator

I agree as well with mac and bluebird. I have been listening to David Bowie's music and videos (especially Cat People, my husbands favorite) reading and viewing his life and pictures with Iman and his family. I had no idea what a loving humble man he was! I believe he was quite spiritually enlightened.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  5. janef

janef Moderator

6. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I like to think that most composers of timeless music are a higher vibration than most people

7. mac

mac host

I like to think I'll be the next Powerball Lottery winner......

8. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Don't worry mac, just because you're not a composer of timeless music, doesn't mean you're of low spiritual vibration

9. janef

janef Moderator

I agree Nirvana. I believe they are channeling from the Universe. :)

10. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Exactly what I believe :)

11. mac

mac host

I do worry about some issues but that ain't one of 'em! ;)

12. Waller

Waller Senior Member

Roberta is entitled to her opinion. The polarity she represents is valid, necessary, useful, for those who wish to look at both sides and choose the reality they prefer.

I have questions as a lifelong interest in David Bowie dating back to the early 70's (Ellis Auditorium, Memphis TN).

1) What would you supply us as your expertise on David's "sort of life that he led"?

2) What do you define as the proper parameters for a gainful spiritual life since David's physical dream/life "would have made spiritual growth while here quite difficult.". Specifically, where did he fail your test of spirituality?

3)
    What measure do you use to determine that David failed to succeed "in raising his spiritual vibration" ?

13. janef

janef Moderator

Drugs, Sex and Rock and Roll ???? :eek:

14. Luna

Luna New Member

I have to agree with mac and janef.

But I wonder.. For many people, Bowie was an influential figure. His music was inspiring, but many people have also praised him for pushing the boundaries of gender. Would it not aid his spiritual growth in some way to have brought these positive impacts to people's lives? It would be spreading love, joy, acceptance etc. Just a thought that I had.

15. mac

mac host

It's an interesting thought. Who knows what his 'life plan' was and whether he achieved all or any of his goals? It's tempting to think the outcome of his life was the one he intended but who knows?

Same for any of us...

16. bluebird

I agree. Bowie's gender-fluid and bisexual expression certainly helped a lot of other people feel comfortable with their own gender expressions and sexual orientations (many people have come out and said so). Whether he intended it or not (I tend to think he did, at least to some extent), he helped people in that regard, and perhaps assisted at least some people in realizing that gender and sexuality are not as rigid/strict as they perhaps once thought.

17. bluebird

Sorry; accidental double post.

18. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear, it is possible that David Bowie led an extremely spiritual life, entirely separate from what bits of his public life I ever saw. My point was just that his fame on earth is absolutely irrelevant to his spiritual growth, and indeed fame and money tend too often to retard spiritual growth rather than to advance it. None of us can know where he is spiritually, but certainly his public life while on earth did not particularly advance him.

19. bluebird

While i agree that fame and money CAN be a hindrance to spiritual growth, it really depends on the person. In Bowie's case, as i stated in my previous post, i think his openness about his sexuality and gender expression were a great help to some people in figuring out their own and feeling ok about themselves. I think it's quite possible that that DID help him in his own spiritual advancement. The methods and ways of spiritual advancement may vary from person to person -- we each learn in different ways, and we each help others in different ways. In any case, none of us can know anything for certain about Bowie's relative spiritual advancement.

20. janef

janef Moderator

Agree .... I don't think anyone is in a position to judge another. We have no idea, Bowie may have been here to advance the world on issues of gender role acceptance. He may be a very advanced soul himself.