1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When you die.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, May 18, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Does the emotion you feel when you die have an effect on your afterlife? I heard that if you are happy, it can make things blissful and that the opposite is also true.

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I have read that some feel surprised when they cross over, especially if - while on this earth - they believed that once you die, that's it, lights out, oblivion, nothing else. I'd think that if you had no fears or concerns in regards to leaving this world, it might make things easier once you find yourself on the other side. I read two books, one of them rather old (XIX C, I believe), where you can read about the feelings and thoughts of the newcomer to the afterlife. Interesting, provided it was a legit communication! I'll see if I can find them; can't remember titles/author(s).

Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

That's not in line with what I understand but there may be a short-term carry over of emotions that briefly impact the way individuals feel. It's taught, however, that help is always on hand for those who may be struggling with lingering negative effects of life experiences.

Kurt likes this.