1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When life is a struggle

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by katarina, Jul 28, 2015.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Katarina and phae, you both sound just like me about 15 years ago. The one thing I started to question was, what am I suppose to learn from all of this. I started paying attention to my intuition, I had a clue that I was being led in another direction. Taken out of a stale marriage to grow. I had a few signs. Things started to fall into place out of the blue. I had an experience that confirmed we never die, and love is the only thing that matters. So nice to have you both on the forum!

2. janef

janef Moderator

I just had a crying spell (never cried over it before) and a revelation just sunk in...

if all those things didn't happen, I wouldn't be who I am, where I am today!

I think I can forgive him! His path is his to bear.. nothing to do with me!

Thanks for listening.

3. katarina

katarina New Member

I read your blog entry and I can see how that would be a game changer. What an experience that would be to have! I'm glad to hear that things fell into place for you, also.

It sounds like you've had a break through then- that's wonderful! You're right- it is his path to bear!

4. Highlander

Highlander Established Member

Janef, I'm happy to see you've been able after all these years to emotionally resolve and come to terms with this trauma. Closure can be a tremendous relief.

Let it go. BE.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Katarina and Phae, I have written a book especially for you! Please email your addresses to me through robertagrimes.com and I will send you copies when it comes out (no pub date yet - I'm hoping for the Fall).

6. mac

mac Staff Member

You asked two specific questions that I'll respond to. Did you pick your unfulfilled life and did you choose your struggles? The only certain answers, given my own research, is that we don't know. I've asked a similarly searching question about one particular aspect of my life that has greatly influenced who I now am and even why I'm here writing on this website. The answer is maybe or maybe not and I'm resigned to finding out for certain only after I kick off my clogs.

In general terms we may have chosen before we came some many or all of the trials we undergo here in the physical; or it might be that some, many or all of them have come about because of circumstances not pre-planned! I'm not persuaded by the arguments that all events come about in accordance with 'life-plans' or even that any of them necessarily do although I am persuaded that we enter this world with a plan of some kind for our spiritual progress and maybe even specific experiences. The kind of plan would probably vary if we take the view that our present lives here are not the ONLY lives we'll lead.

Logically if we come here more than once, the first time might be one of acclimatisation (acclimation) with subsequent times having specific goals resulting from previous lives. But if it's a once-and-for-all situation then (I suggest) the chances of a life-plan significantly achieving many of its goals are pretty slim. Too many things from others' lives are likely to significantly, and negatively, impact our own or we may just be unlucky that health and/or other issues stop us achieving what was planned.

Whatever the actual situation concerning the possibility/probablility of multiple lives it may be that enough is achieved in one lifetime in-the-body and we can then choose whether to return based on what we've experienced and the impact it's had on us.

7. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

Good for you! Hugs.:) There are still people from my past I can't forgive yet, from my childhood. They are not family members or close friends or anything like that, just people who made my life a living hell. I'm not working on forgiving them but if it happens it happens I guess. When I'm ready I suppose. I hope all of Mr. Cosby's victims heal completely from their ordeal. I was so crushed when I found out about what he did. He seemed like such a good guy.

8. janef

janef Moderator

Katarina.. you are right, I did have a break-through by telling it here I think. Thank you.

9. janef

janef Moderator

Hi Dear Friend!... Have missed you. You know, I think things just work themselves out when we are ready. I can see this looking back on my life.., things only happen when its time. You will in time. hugs xxx

10. janef

janef Moderator

It sure is...thanks... its kinda weird, I don't have any feelings about it, like its about him not me. :)