1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When does the soul/spirit enter the body?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Corey, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amore

Amore Active Member

Thank you, Roberta, for your insight. I agree that guilt can be very damaging to a person's spiritual growth.

So, from what you learned in your research, and in your own opinion, would you call abortion a 'spiritual crime'?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I did download the book and read some of it today.

I didn't see any revelations and it was somewhat out with the communicator's suggestion there was (quote) "...a reasonable probability that severe earth changes may occur in the next decade, possibly resulting in a large number of deaths worldwide...." hmmmm..... :rolleyes:

Written pre 2002 it's at least a decade and a half, 15 years, since that 'prediction'. US President Teflon Don is threatening an attack on N. Korea which might one day fulfill that tentative prediction of "reasonable probability...." and "may occur...", "possibly resulting...". :rolleyes:

Call me old-fashioned but I'm the kind of bloke who doesn't expect spiritually advanced communicators to appear to be making predictions using this-world time frames. Add to that a wooden, plodding text and I have to wonder just how spiritually-evolved the communicator actually is..... :(

Maybe I'll read some more and change my mind but we'll see.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

No, I wouldn't call abortion a spiritual crime because there is no such thing as a spiritual crime. Sin is a purely human construct. Instead, every action (and even every thought) can either advance you spiritually (toward ever more perfect love) or retard you (toward fear, anger, hatred, guilt, grief, etc.) - it 's purely a physics-like phenomenon, and you are your own judge (to the extent that you want to call it judgment). If you have an abortion, and even when that child - now grown - is hugging you, you still don't feel guilty about having taken away that young person's carefully-planned earth-lifetime, then you are home free! Personally, though, I am not that tough. I know that I would feel horrible about it and set myself back for eons!

Amore likes this.
  4. michael fuerst

michael fuerst New Member

The book to read about when the soul enters the body is Life Before Life by Helen Wambach who hypnotically regressed people to the times preceding their births. the regressions suggest that the soul enters the body most often just before birth. Used copies of the book are available through Amazon for $4 to $10

Widdershins3 likes this.
  5. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Hi Michael! I'm a new member as well. I don't post much since I just started my research and since I know nothing I don't really have anything to contribute. :D

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Great book!! But in fact, apparently for most the new life is assigned right at - or even before - conception, and therefore the body has an assigned, planned life very early in its gestation. Most people come and go while the fetus is growing, but they definitely are attached well before birth! To abort even during the first trimester seems generally to be the ending of an already-planned life.

kim likes this.
  7. kim

kim Active Member

Is this why many people experience the phenomena of Deja vu?

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Old thread but what the heck? ;)

It's an interesting subject. The latest point that the animating spirit of the developing child-to-be will totally interpenetrate its new 'shell' - its physical body - is when the baby becomes a discrete individual. At all points prior to that life support is provided by the mother. After that not necessarily.

But exactly how long it may be before total, or near-total, interpenetration occurs is a moot point. It might vary from person to person.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

It seems to me that termination of a pregnancy at any stage would end an 'already-planned' life. :confused:

The commitment to life in-the-body by the intended incarnating spirit, as I understand the situation, begins at or directly after fertilisation of the egg. The early beginnings of independent life occurs when the spirit starts to engage with the fertilised egg, a process eventually leading to complete integration.

A perhaps-interesting side issue is that of the sperms, one of which will fertilise the egg. It's understandable that the animating spirit of the male provides the 'life-energy' (for want of a better term) for all sperms but what when some have left the male's body? As they aren't dead somehow they must still be being animated. By whom?

10. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I don't think there is any way for anyone to know when the soul or spirit enters the flesh. Maybe it is at fertilization, maybe it is at 3 months, or 6 months, or right before or at birth. There is no way for us to know. As for the sperm (as well as the unfertilized egg), they are alive in a very primitive sense, but in my opinion that's all they are; I don't think they are "animated" in the sense of having souls or parts of souls, they are just living cells.

Widdershins3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.