1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When does the soul/spirit enter the body?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Corey, Jan 10, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I prefer to stick to one point at a time - suicide and euthanasia are other issues altogether each deserving of their own thread, something we've given in the past.

And the actual situation isn't anything directly to do with any of our man-made religions. Some teachings may encompass some of that situation but don't explain the whole picture.

2. georgek

georgek Member

Agreed.
    Yet to ascertain certain things there has to be purpose?

No one will ever know exactly when the soul or spirit enters the body?
    The wider picture often tells a story even though there are inconsistencies.

By evaluating the purpose of life may unravel it's mysteries as this is all that we have got to play with. Unless there is a special multimetre that we can probe with...lol

I do not profess to know the answer, but we can always take these things further and look at the persona and to what actually allows development?

Certain mediums can see the aura and I believe that/ maybe.....there has been an agreement within the world of parapsychologists that the aura forms at a certain time?
    As a man I think:- "Does it matter?"

To a woman it is a different story as she carries the child from the point of conception. To lose a child may be harsh indeed, so I think it has to be a key consideration as to what point the child is actually a child?

3. mac

Your liberal use of question marks - ? - at the end of sentences that are apparently statements leaves me confused whether you're actually making statements or asking questions. o_O

But we were discussing the point that an animating spirit 'embeds' or interpenetrates the developing body fully and finally. From my experience there was no confusion about when a child is a child whether it's a woman's or even a man's perspective. I'm a male and there was never any doubt that my child was a child for me long before his neo-natal death.

My wife and I experienced his loss as different people and as different genders but he was a child for both of us long before he left us.

4. georgek

georgek Member

Both..as I do not want to appear too presumptuous. People do not like to read a 'big head' and many have said that I make out that I know it all. In a way I do, but that would not be fair if I asked questions, expecting to know the answers. In retrospect, the subject is very ambiguous as no one can be 100% sure although we can be pretty sure
    I like to know what others think as well.

My senses tells me that you have been through a lot and have lost many.
    As you too want to feel that there has to be a better world.

5. mac

Fair comment but knowledge/understanding isn't presumptuousness. I don't see you as a 'know-it-all' and always prefer to debate anything over which I don't agree or where assertions are shaky. You're good with me! :D

Of this you can be cast-iron certain. No incarnate knows it all, not you, not me, not anyone else.... I, too, ask many questions by challenging folk to consider alternatives perspectives and approach. The subject we've been discussing isn't so much ambiguous as uncertain. We don't have many facts other than very simple and obvious ones. Perhaps someone knows a source we'd recognize as being authoritative on this particular subject and if they did I'd consider any information to see if it appealed to my reason. Otherwise I, we, must speculate on what might be.

I'm less interested in what others think than what they know or reasonably believe to be the case. ;)

Concerning myself I have to tell you that your senses aren't accurate. :eek: I don't (quote) "want to feel.." there has to be a better world. I'm totally persuaded that the world from which we came, the same one to which we'll return, is a world very different than the one in which we're living. A world immeasurably 'better than' this one although this one is probably mostly right for what was intended, its raison d'ĂȘtre.

Furthermore I certainly haven't lost many from this world, this time round at least.... Like many/most I've lost family members and a few friends. But I did lose our son and that loss led me to become who I now am, doing what I now do.

At nearly 70 I'm in my last quarter with three decades to go at very best/worst. Then I'll learn/regain/remember what I don't know now. Can't be bad, eh?