1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When does the soul/spirit enter the body - channeling compared with mediumship

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Apr 30, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

:D

2. Jan Wallace

Jan Wallace New Member

Well that was an interesting piece to follow quite subdued and polite by other debate standards I have witnessed on social media, that aside whether you believe there is a difference between Channelling and Trance Mediums is irrelevent. It has to be a matter of Faith, Faith in what you hear see or witness and it is very subjective to the individuals perception. So whether you think someone's opinion on this subject is rude or condescending matters not a jot that's your ego intervening.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I don't do faith concerning spiritual issues - I leave such stuff to mainstream religionists. ;)

But it will be a subjective experience of either form of communication and a personal take on what has more relevance or importance for one personally.

In general here on ALF we are a polite bunch even when we disagree but nonetheless we can and do disagree and there's nothing disrespectful about disagreement over topics and/or our individual approach to them. It can become disrespectful, however, when matters become personal and that's not acceptable. :)

4. Ski

Ski

moderated

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
    Bill Z likes this.
  5. mac

I hope you're feeling better now you have gotten all that out of your system. :(:oops:

6. Ski

Ski

I feel better knowing that you heard the truth.

Bill Z likes this.
  7. mac

I thought you'd feel better getting stuff off your chest. You seem to have needed it.

8. Ski

Ski

Yeah, I think after...........h, unfortunately.

Yo..........g up.

moderated

Bill Z likes this.
  9. Ski

Ski

Go..............art.

moderated

10. mac

goodbye

Ski likes this.
  11. Ski

Ski

Good bye..........le

moderated

12. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thanks Ski. I have nothing against mac, he just seems very angry and I'm sorry for him about that. I came to this site because of the terrible pain I felt from my loss. Many of us here understand the twisting, ripping, hopelessness, etc we feel when our love leaves the physical realm. I'm still a hurting buckaroo. I came for help none of which I get from mac. I also came to try to offer help to others who experience the ongoing grief and pain I feel. I am in a grievance group and actually am told by the administrator and other group members that my insights about my communication with the love of my life help them in their struggle. mac tells me my words are "silly". I don't know anyone who agrees with mac on this. I occasionally still post here and there are wonderful people here. Some incredible people and I think some of them know who they are and what incredible help they have given me and I thank them from the bottom of my soul. I love mac as I do all, I said this before and I wish him the best. He's told me to feel no concern for him and I'm sorry but to say that is very interesting yet very sad as a fellow human. Who would have someone say they are concerned about them and slap them away?? People offer to help me on a daily basis, hold the door as I carry a box, give me the right of way at a traffic signal, etc, etc. Should I tell them to F off as is the feeling I get from mac? Hey I need all the help I can get. I guess mac doesn't.
    Lastly hey Ski I have a bone to pick with you my friend...I'm an old fart too like mac, only I try to maintain compassion and love even for those who slap it away, lay off the old farts brother, some of us try to make this place a little better for the youngins'. I suspect you are an old fart too, lol!
    Peace.

Ski likes this.
  13. Ski

Ski

Bill, you are genuinely a decent person. I wish you would join another website that past forum members here, as well as I, am apart of. It's discerning how many members of our forum talk about Mac's behavior...he true definition of silly and anger.

He's like a stinky fart, you just hold your breath till it passes. If you would like to be apart of our forum, Google spiritual forums....it's top of the list. It's a big amd vast forum, full of real spiritual people, who are humble and honest. My name is Colorado...there are other forum members from here, who are there. There are also other members, who far exceed Macs emotional amd intellectual intelligence, and maturity that you can get mature insight from. You can have an adult conversation with them. You are more than welcome to to join us....we would love to have you, and will treat you with respect amd dignity. (Something Mac amd his sad minions here lack, and know-nothing about)

This is not a very good, or even decent place to talk about spiritual or after life matters. While I understand some people here are good....they have to feel the negativity here that I, amd other members who have left feel. You all deserve better, I know I do...so come on over.

I'm not an old fart, sorry...I'm a young, vibrant, beautiful young woman....lol! Who knows my self worth, amd knows crap when I see it, even when it's sprinkled with glitter. You know the saying...can't polish a turd!

Bill Z and RobertaGrimes like this.
  14. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you Ski, I will check it out. Roberta and so many others here offer such love and wisdom. mac too occasionally. But I just sense a closed mindedness and anger. Again I wish mac the best. Sorry I mistook you for an old fart like I am.

Life is a pretty beautiful, ugly and wonderfully terrible adventure. If we embrace the beauty and try to make it through the depression and ugliness we grow. Some, sadly get stuck in our perceived failures. I chose to move forward. Others chose not to. Peace.

15. Ski

Ski

Lol! Than.............

moderated

16. mac

I'm sorry to be blunt, Bill, but you're the one who is angry and that comes out time and time again.

You're not the only one here, Bill, who has suffered loss but you appear to have come for emotional counseling and I am not someone who provides that and neither is it incumbent on any member to provide it.

Your assertions about me are disingenuous - again.

No-one is expected to agree or disagree with me but it seems that anyone not traveling your path is in the wrong.

I agree with you absolutely.

You may think you love me but the emotions in your words say something else.

time to stop.....

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Kurt and SashaS like this.
  17. Ski

Ski

Wh......your shame.

18. mac

I've been somewhat self-indulgent by closing this thread but if someone else had been the object of the moderated postings I would have done exactly similar.

Indulging in criticising other members' nature and/or characters is not acceptable on ALF.

pandora97 likes this.
  19. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, please never for a moment forget that if it were not for Mac, there would be no Afterlifeforums.com. I had thought that in retirement I would be winding down, but instead I am far busier now than I ever before have been in my life! This site must be moderated, and when I no longer had the time to do it, our precious friend Mac stepped up and offered to help. I ask that you respect and love him as I do, and emphatically I ask that you not do to him whatever apparently Ski has tried to do to him here. I don't know what Mac felt the need to remove, Ski, but I can see from what remains that your behavior in this thread has been decidedly un-spiritual and frankly appalling. If you would prefer to go to the much better forum that you have shamelessly advertised here, then your doing that will at least keep me from having to see you refer to our endlessly patient friend Mac as a "turd." Go then, Ski, with our love and with the hope that you will find a way to grow spiritually despite the negativity that you are spreading here like a noxious smell.

pandora97 likes this.
  20. mac

I've now re-opened this thread because it's an important subject and members may wish to pursue it further.