1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

When does the soul/spirit enter the body - channeling compared with mediumship

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

It's very tempting to believe what's been communicated like this, particularly when this answer is so very similar to what I've often suggested. But we do not know anything about these so-called masters or how authoritative their ideas are. That's frustrating because dependable guidance from contemporary communicators would be very valuable indeed.

I guess that as Silver Birch advocated all those decades ago, we should accept what appeals to our reason.

Ski and bluebird like this.
  2. Ski

Ski Active Member

I feel the same way. Even if for our higher good, what appeals to us emotionally...is going to help us or at least encourage us on our own emotional wavelength, what is right for us. Many can tell us this, but few can beautifully and appealingly communicate that to us personally, and spiritually....And put that into words.... where we get it, and where we feel understood by those who get us. Thank you for this lovely post.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. Amore

Amore Active Member

The woman who channels them is Toni Ann Winninger. I had never heard of her. Did you?

The Masters of the Spirit World simply ask me to take the energetic vibrations that they send through me and tune them, translate them, for all the world to have. What are you to do with those words? The same as I do. You must use your freedom of choice to feel whether they should be part of your reality, and if so, then you may embrace them as I embrace my work for the non-physical, wonderful beings at Home on the other side.

http://www.mastersofthespiritworld.com/?page_id=755

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

My guess is that it's just Winninger, with no other entities advanced or otherwise helping out.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

No I don't know her.

With anyone providing translation for entities of a 'faster vibration' great care must be exercised to avoid personal coloration of ideas sent from the discarnate.

The ability of a channeler will influence how accurately the intended message is received and subsequently passed on. Her/his 'ability' to put into words the thrust of the message will directly impact its intended meaning for listeners.

With deep-trance mediumship the medium is used by the spirit-communicator primarily as a receiver. Translation isn't involved and ideas communicated have to be put into words by the communicator. That communicator has to use the physical/mental mechanisms of the medium to create words ultimately spoken by her/him.

It's down to viewpoint as to whether a channeler or a trance medium stands the better chance of success in accurately passing on guidance. And we still have to consider that ideas may be coming only from the apparent channeler or medium.

6. Ski

Ski Active Member

IMO, that's the biggest obstacle. Anytime a 3rd party relays or channels messages, it can be colored by their own interpretation and even be misinterpreted. Since these souls are disembodied, they do not usually speak with words, but with feelings, symbols, vibrational energies and other means of nonverbal communication....which can and is hard to interpret often....and almost always colored by the medium or channelers own words and thought process. It's not their fault, you just have two different souls who communicate in different ways, and have different ways of seeing things from their own perspective. That happens everyday with people who use words to communicate, now throw in a nonverbal entity trying to convey messages to a person using verbal communication to describe what they are feeling seeing, and sensing.

Amore likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

I hesitate in repeating myself (but will do it anyway!) in again looking at the way the inimitable Silver Birch communicated. Along with his teachings he explained his long-term association with his 'instrument', deep-trance medium Maurice Barbanell. SB also explained how he had to learn and get to grips with the English language before using the body of his 'instrument' (as he referred to Barbanell) to actually speak through.

During trance communication Maurice Barbanell was 'out of it' hence had no conscious input to the message/teaching/guidance and as little unconscious coloration of it as was possible. Silver Birch directly andhighly- eloquently delivered his words through the brain/mind/body of his medium; the words were recorded by another individual and/or recorded electronically. There was no involvement of the medium who remained in deep trance with no recollection of anything said during that time.

Barbanell worked totally differently from a modern-day channeler and although some will still claim that his influence could not totally be ruled out, the potential for that was much less than for a channeler. A channeler firstly picks up an impressed message and then interprets/translates it before and as she is writing down the impressed message.

8. Ski

Ski Active Member

On the contrary, many mediums or channelers, have had to interpret messages and did not have another source or instrument (person or otherwise) to interpret the messages for them. Using one example, when there are hundreds if not thousands of other mediums and channelers interpreting messages for many others who have never even heard of Silver Birch, myself included.

Speaking from first hand experience, people are fallible, and make mistakes....often without realizing it. I dare to find a perfect communicator who has never made a mistake or been flawed in their interpretations. It's bound to happen, because mediums amd channelers at the the end of the day, are regular, imperfect people.

There was a famous psychic several years ago, who said no psychic is perfect. She went on to say she was about 80% accurate, but as time went on...and people became much more interested in her, and as her fame grew...it was clear that the number she gave in accuracy was much lower.

Amore likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

Speaking from first hand experience, people are fallible, and make mistakes....often without realizing it. I dare to find a perfect communicator who has never made a mistake or been flawed in their interpretations. It's bound to happen, because mediums amd channelers at the the end of the day, are regular, imperfect people.

There was a famous psychic several years ago, who said no psychic is perfect. She went on to say she was about 80% accurate, but as time went on...and people became much more interested in her, and as her fame grew...it was clear that the number she gave in accuracy was much lower.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, you say? I'm failing to see what point you're making that is contrary to what I had been saying earlier. To repeat, deep trance mediums do not work in the way that channelers and mental mediums do. And it's in interpretation of communicated messages that many forms of mediumship may be at their least persuasive.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Ski likes this.