1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

When does the soul/spirit enter the body - channeling compared with mediumship

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It's very tempting to believe what's been communicated like this, particularly when this answer is so very similar to what I've often suggested. But we do not know anything about these so-called masters or how authoritative their ideas are. That's frustrating because dependable guidance from contemporary communicators would be very valuable indeed.

I guess that as Silver Birch advocated all those decades ago, we should accept what appeals to our reason.

Ski and bluebird like this.
  2. Ski

Ski Member

I feel the same way. Even if for our higher good, what appeals to us emotionally...is going to help us or at least encourage us on our own emotional wavelength, what is right for us. Many can tell us this, but few can beautifully and appealingly communicate that to us personally, and spiritually....And put that into words.... where we get it, and where we feel understood by those who get us. Thank you for this lovely post.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. Amore

Amore Active Member

The woman who channels them is Toni Ann Winninger. I had never heard of her. Did you?

The Masters of the Spirit World simply ask me to take the energetic vibrations that they send through me and tune them, translate them, for all the world to have. What are you to do with those words? The same as I do. You must use your freedom of choice to feel whether they should be part of your reality, and if so, then you may embrace them as I embrace my work for the non-physical, wonderful beings at Home on the other side.

http://www.mastersofthespiritworld.com/?page_id=755

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

My guess is that it's just Winninger, with no other entities advanced or otherwise helping out.

5. mac

No I don't know her.

With anyone providing translation for entities of a 'faster vibration' great care must be exercised to avoid personal coloration of ideas sent from the discarnate.

The ability of a channeler will influence how accurately the intended message is received and subsequently passed on. Her/his 'ability' to put into words the thrust of the message will directly impact its intended meaning for listeners.

With deep-trance mediumship the medium is used by the spirit-communicator primarily as a receiver. Translation isn't involved and ideas communicated have to be put into words by the communicator. That communicator has to use the physical/mental mechanisms of the medium to create words ultimately spoken by her/him.

It's down to viewpoint as to whether a channeler or a trance medium stands the better chance of success in accurately passing on guidance. And we still have to consider that ideas may be coming only from the apparent channeler or medium.

6. Ski

Ski Member

IMO, that's the biggest obstacle. Anytime a 3rd party relays or channels messages, it can be colored by their own interpretation and even be misinterpreted. Since these souls are disembodied, they do not usually speak with words, but with feelings, symbols, vibrational energies and other means of nonverbal communication....which can and is hard to interpret often....and almost always colored by the medium or channelers own words and thought process. It's not their fault, you just have two different souls who communicate in different ways, and have different ways of seeing things from their own perspective. That happens everyday with people who use words to communicate, now throw in a nonverbal entity trying to convey messages to a person using verbal communication to describe what they are feeling seeing, and sensing.

Amore likes this.
  7. mac

I hesitate in repeating myself (but will do it anyway!) in again looking at the way the inimitable Silver Birch communicated. Along with his teachings he explained his long-term association with his 'instrument', deep-trance medium Maurice Barbanell. SB also explained how he had to learn and get to grips with the English language before using the body of his 'instrument' (as he referred to Barbanell) to actually speak through.

During trance communication Maurice Barbanell was 'out of it' hence had no conscious input to the message/teaching/guidance and as little unconscious coloration of it as was possible. Silver Birch directly andhighly- eloquently delivered his words through the brain/mind/body of his medium; the words were recorded by another individual and/or recorded electronically. There was no involvement of the medium who remained in deep trance with no recollection of anything said during that time.

Barbanell worked totally differently from a modern-day channeler and although some will still claim that his influence could not totally be ruled out, the potential for that was much less than for a channeler. A channeler firstly picks up an impressed message and then interprets/translates it before and as she is writing down the impressed message.

8. Ski

Ski Member

On the contrary, many mediums or channelers, have had to interpret messages and did not have another source or instrument (person or otherwise) to interpret the messages for them. Using one example, when there are hundreds if not thousands of other mediums and channelers interpreting messages for many others who have never even heard of Silver Birch, myself included.

Speaking from first hand experience, people are fallible, and make mistakes....often without realizing it. I dare to find a perfect communicator who has never made a mistake or been flawed in their interpretations. It's bound to happen, because mediums amd channelers at the the end of the day, are regular, imperfect people.

There was a famous psychic several years ago, who said no psychic is perfect. She went on to say she was about 80% accurate, but as time went on...and people became much more interested in her, and as her fame grew...it was clear that the number she gave in accuracy was much lower.

Amore likes this.
  9. mac

Speaking from first hand experience, people are fallible, and make mistakes....often without realizing it. I dare to find a perfect communicator who has never made a mistake or been flawed in their interpretations. It's bound to happen, because mediums amd channelers at the the end of the day, are regular, imperfect people.

There was a famous psychic several years ago, who said no psychic is perfect. She went on to say she was about 80% accurate, but as time went on...and people became much more interested in her, and as her fame grew...it was clear that the number she gave in accuracy was much lower.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, you say? I'm failing to see what point you're making that is contrary to what I had been saying earlier. To repeat, deep trance mediums do not work in the way that channelers and mental mediums do. And it's in interpretation of communicated messages that many forms of mediumship may be at their least persuasive.

10. mac

Ski likes this.
  11. Ski

Ski Member

On the contrary, you say? I'm failing to see what point you're making that is contrary to what I had been saying earlier. To repeat, deep trance mediums do not work in the way that channelers and mental mediums do. And it's in interpretation of communicated messages that many forms of mediumship may be at their least persuasive.[/QUOTE]

Mac, I respect where you are coming from....I really do. But at the same time, there isn't a soul on this earth who isn't human and fallible...even those who have gifts. Even at the best of intentions, even if some are more inclined, trained or Intuned....they are imperfect people. The heart knows better than any outsider, if we can be still long enough to listen. A good teacher, is also a good student....amd if you have an earthly life, you are still a student. A guru or spiritual guide is not apart of this world, they come for the other side....that doesn't mean we don't have anything to offer in wisdom or experience, it just means we still have a lot of learning to do....and do not deem ourselves spiritually superior over others experiences here....we all have something to offer....and there's no reason to be defensive. , or think we are intellectually, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, superior over others who offer their experiences, who are just as validated as any other, with an open mind and spirit.

Life is energy, our thoughts and feelings are energy....each individual's thoughts amd feelings are going to be different.....but that doesn't make anyone's thoughts or feelings more validated or superior over another's. That's ego. When we are challenged with another's beliefs, it should make us more open minded amd broaden our own spirituality, it shouldn't pit us on the defensive end. Not to be rude, but you have a lot of spiritual insight...but you also come off as rude a lot of times, Imo.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  12. mac

I'm puzzled. You earlier used the words "On the contrary....." to begin a response to what I'd written but then went on to write stuff that was little different from what I'd been suggesting. How was that contrary? It actually supported what I'd said.

I'm puzzled by your remarks - had I suggested anything different? :confused:

And your point is?

This thread is about mediumship compared with channeling. I know because I opened it specifically for that discussion. What does this remark have to do with that?

what? :confused::confused::confused:

How does this relate to the topic?

You are, of course, totally entitled to your opinion. But you ARE being rude when you go off totally at a tangent and finish your rambling piece by saying I come off as rude a lot of times. I have focused on the thread subject. Tell me how that's rude, will you?

You'll doubtless say this next piece is rude but what many years in online discussion forums has shown me is that many folk lose their way in threads, often getting emotional or upset because they think their views - or even someone else's - are not being respected. Or they consider it 'disrespectful' just because someone disagrees with what they assert or believe or if someone challenges poorly supported points and claims.

The biggest disrespect and rudeness I find is when others tell me how I should - or shouldn't - approach an issue. Or how I should, or shouldn't, react. I don't tell others what they should or shouldn't do. I don't tell others how they should or shouldn't approach any issue. That's totally up to THEM to decide for themselves.

Wouldn't it be the height of rudeness to believe that our particular way is the right way, the only way, and to expect that others should therefore adopt it?

13. Amore

Amore Active Member

I agree with ski, mac, you sometimes come across as being rude, kind of harsh. I've seen it many times (often with Kim, and also with others, also with some newcomers), and in my opinion this is one reason why some people don't come back to this forum.

Let me help you understand, mac. The quoted sentence, imo, is quite rude. "Rambling piece"? Really? That's condescending in my opinion, it's written out of anger. Try not to immediately react to what people post but let it sink in for a day, then look at it with fresh eyes, when the ruffled feathers have settled down.

This is of course just advise, you are free to express yourself as you wish. But others also have the right to give you feedback on it.

Peace :)

14. Amore

Amore Active Member

Coming back to what started this thread - http://www.mastersofthespiritworld.com and channeler Toni Ann Winninger.

I think you may be right, gene, or maybe partly right. Over the past week or so I have read about 300 of the replies on the website, working my way backwards through the archives. I'm not saying this isn't quality stuff, I find lots of it quite good, helpful, and sound advice.

But is it channeled or simply Toni herself - mmmmh my feeling is that often it is just her. Maybe sometimes she has a good clear connection to the "Masters" (without her own mind interfering) and sometimes not?

I don't have the feeling that she's deliberately trying to mislead people though, if this is really just her. For what purpose anyway? There are no ads on the page to generate income, and there's no fee for sending in your question and get a reply. She has posted questions and answers for over 10 years now, about 3-4 per week, that's almost 2000 questions she has taken the time to respond to, free of charge. (There's some repetition but no copy/paste from what I can see.) Plus there is a facebook page too where she answers shorter questions. So even if this is not channeled material, Toni certainly seems to have a genuine interest in helping people on their journey through their earthly life.

Just my opinion.

15. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I respect everyone's right to her/his own views, and I want to add mine. In my opinion, mac is not rude. He can come off as a bit brusque sometimes, admittedly, but in my estimation he doesn't do so out of anger at all, nor any other emotion -- to me, it seems more a matter of intellectual discussion, and those times when he might appear to be rude are times when he is countering emotional posts with intellectual/rational posts of his own, often asking for sources or explanation in the process. By which I do not mean that there's anything wrong with emotional posts -- I've certainly made plenty of them here myself -- just that sometimes when people make a very emotional post and then someone (mac or anyone else) responds in a more logical/factual/unemotional manner, the person who made the emotional post can sometimes feel offended (and I truly don't mean anyone in particular by this; I've just seen this sort of thing happen on multiple forums, including this one).

For me, mac is one of the reasons why I continue to come to this forum. He and I disagree on a fair number of spiritual/afterlife topics, but we are always able to have a good discussion about these matters, and I have found him to be supportive of my feelings and position even when he doesn't agree with me.

ravensgate and pandora97 like this.
  16. mac

Well thank you for allowing me the freedom to express myself as I wish! :rolleyes:

Discussion threads about forum topics are for exactly that - to discuss/debate the topic. I try hard to keep my remarks about points under discussion, debate or disagreement and I wish others would do something similar. Threads are not for members to indulge themselves about other members. Please keep negative opinions about members to yourself just as I keep mine to myself.

And please reflect on who started this business of "coming over as rude" and why.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    bluebird and pandora97 like this.
  17. mac

Thank you for your support, bb. :)

bluebird likes this.
  18. pandora97

pandora97 Member

I agree wholeheartedly with bluebird.:)

Oh and one more thing..........

"Let me help you understand, mac."

You don't find this condescending?:rolleyes: