1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What's in a name?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Mar 16, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Do the user-names we choose on this website say anything about our personalities? o_O

On a couple of the other websites where I'm a regular a fair few members choose the weirdest user-names, often fanciful ones. When I read the subjects they write/enquire about those too are often fanciful. But here on ALF it seems to me that we have down-to-earth members who have chosen simple, down-to-earth usernames and they write about subjects that are also down-to-earth and concerning practical issues. The few who are fanciful tend not to stay....

I like to be among such members. :)

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

My username does not define who I am as a soul but it still holds great significance.

I coined the name PoeticBlue at a time where I was desperate and immature. I needed guidance from a place that I can relate to. Eventually I found my place in bookstores and rap forums where I would emote my frustrations using lyrical terminology. A member on one of the rap forums I use to congregate on, told me that I’m not a rapper, but rather a poet. He also told me I come off a bit sad when I write what I’m saying in my lyrics. Hence my nickname became PoeticBlue. :)

Shortly after, I was pregnant with my daughter in college. Eventually, I found my way to this forum. The rest is history.

So anyways, I stick to using PoeticBlue here and on a certain few sites for personal reasons. It’s also easy for me to remember as well. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Ironically I’m not a huge Shakespeare fan :p. Hence the title of the thread. Clever wording though.

4. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

My username was influenced by a film I watched many years ago called ‘ The Three Lives of Thomasina’ which had themes to do with life and death/ the afterlife . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Lives_of_Thomasina
    Also, from the book: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomasina,_the_Cat_Who_Thought_She_Was_God

One of the main characters was a marmalade coloured cat called Thomasina. Thomasina was also the name of my invisible friend from when I was very young ( 3/4 years old). Apparently, I used to chatter away to ‘Thomasina’ a lot! :)

poeticblue likes this.