1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What was your greatest paranormal experience?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Maria, May 20, 2018.

1. Maria

Maria Member

I would love to hear your stories of a supernatural occurrence that was the most convincing evidence of the afterlife. This could range from ADCs to mystical experiences. I would consider mine to be seeing and being touched on my hands by my Peter, within the week after he died, but as I was still in a state of shock then, I wonder if it might have been a bereavement hallucination. Mac, as you often state you have spent many years investigating “the spooks”, you must have many tales to tell. (If you feel rather hesitant to discuss these however, I respect your privacy).

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Most of my experiences occurred in healthcare delivery settings (mainly hospitals but also in my clinic). At this point, I do not feel comfortable sharing most of the experiences, but I want you to know that I tried - oh, did I try! - to find logical explanations, but for the life of me, I just could not. I went from agnostic to atheist, to believer. I have seen "mists" leaving deceased patients, and what did I do? Turned my back and ignored most of them! Talk about the ostrich with the head stuck in the sand :oops:
    I have felt the unmistakable presence of a just-expired patient in the room while I was sitting there, going over all we did, what we could have done, what "should" have been done, etc. etc. - and the patient was there. I'd look at the remains and feel his/her spirit very much alive in that room, and most times, I would simply leave because the presence felt too heavy and uncomfortable for me.

There isn't just one occurrence that was the most convincing, but several. I never had a NDE, but I might have had an OOB when I was a young child of 4 or 5 years. Fell to the floor, hit my head really hard. Everything went black, but then my vision returned, and I was hovering near the ceiling, watching my mother freak out over me, telling me to wake up, calling for help. I could see my body but had no feeling of "connection" to that body. I was floating in a corner of the ceiling, telling my mom to look up because I was there! Then I grew annoyed because she wouldn't listen to me, lol. Next thing I know, everything went black again, but when I opened my eyes, I was looking up, not down.

Rising likes this.
  3. Maria

Maria Member

Thank you for sharing your experiences Ravensgate. I have read similar reports made by hospice and general nursing staff who attend the dying. As you were probably very busy and it all happened so quickly, it is only natural that you were taken by surprise at the time, and only later reflected on the magnitude of what you saw. I think death bed visions as proclaimed by patients and other witnesses are a very reliable proof of the afterlife. I also feel you definitely had an NDE as a child, and this has enhanced your psychic sensitivity.

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

My profoundest "experience" was the discovery that my dead brotherinlaw was completely alive and well right after dying of cancer while "hovering" near the ceiling above his dead body and that he was directly communicating with me (and my late wife) during that time and for several days after his body perished. The story is way to long to lay out here but I've written on it in detail elsewhere at this forum. Look in my profile if interested. Now I know that we don't "die"!

Monika likes this.
  5. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Jimrich, did you actually see him?

6. Mine took place in a hospital . It is not proof of the afterlife but very paranormal I will try to explain but there is alot of detail . My son was going for perfect attendance back in 2004 and THE last Sunday evening of the school year he started to get strep, of course . So back in Texas where we were at the time , I took him to the ER ( there were no walk in clinics anywhere in that area) and told him we will get you on some antibiotics to start and you can go until 10 am and still be counted present . So we go .
    We get there amongst immediate chaos . We didn't know what was going on. Within 10 minutes of our arrival the entire ER came to a screeching halt... this was a TINY country hospital . Just the basics .
    Turns out that right before we got there a 85 yr old grandmother had a massive heart attack at the same time a baby - only 6 month's along- decided she could wait no longer on a Sunday night in the middle of nowhere to be born . You had 3 people fighting to stay alive . For hours . Until help from a larger city arrived in time or not. ALL Dr's and nurses worked while the waiting room filled only so far and then stopped . 4 hours later around midnight or 1am maybe . I realized I felt that we were all here for a reason . To be present for something outrageous . I told my son this and that we in all likely hood would never be present for anything like this again & this was a privilege . NO one else came in but the ER doors opened around that time I mentioned and cats, BIRDS , wind and insects entered the room and you could FEEL something going on above you in this room . I likened it to Endora being very angry on Bewitched . Where things would swirl around with ALOT of power but I could not SEE it. I could feel it though and so could everyone else . Nobody in that room was afraid . So many hours . Would the preemie live ? Would the grandmother live ? Would the babies mom live ? 5-6-7 hours we had been there when the funeral home man arrived . We were all on the edge of our seat .. we didn't want anyone to die ....
    Finally another hour later it was the grandmother he'd come for - silence ... but what about the baby ? The Mom ? Another hour - Childrens hospital finally got there and here she came .So teeny AND her mom on a gurney behind her and they would go on to live here for the time they are supposed too.
    The waiting room cheered , literally , our problems were nothing . They had been side by side , one tiny person entering and one person who had experienced a pretty long stretch of life here leaving AT THE SAME TIME , side by side -only a curtain separating them . I cannot describe that feeling in that waiting room.
    The pure energy was incredible. You knew the exact area it was as it moved but you just could not quite see it with the naked human eye .
    I told my son , it is happening , I don't know what or to who but it is happening now , and indeed it was . It was a trip. ll never forget it . I was so amped I went to a 7/11 at dawn and told this clerk for no reason . We could not sleep for 2 days . It was like it had energized US ! When we were simply in the way of a force that could not/ WOULD not be stopped . One person there was my ex husbands co worker and he also could not stop talking about it for days . My ex thought we'd all lost our minds.

bluebird likes this.
  7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

GoldDustWoman,

WOW. :-0

GoldDustWoman622 likes this.
  8. It truly was outrageous .

9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

It sounds amazing!

GoldDustWoman622 likes this.
  10. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

No. It was a kind of telepathic or intuitive "vision" but quite indescribable in ordinary language. All my "mystical" encounters are kind of beyond the scope of common language to tell about. Sorry...........

ravensgate likes this.
  11. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

IF I had to pick one...I've had many, but nothing AS concrete as a wooden coffee table in front of my couch in the fall of 1981 shaking in front of us (3 witnesses) for maybe 3 seconds...