1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What persuades you that the afterlife exists?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

What persuades you that the afterlife exists? It's difficult to accept it without proof.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Nothing, thus far.

I believe that the only thing that would convince me would be if my husband visited me and told me, in a way that I could not doubt.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Events in my life, others' accounts, teachings that ring true for me. I don't talk about it being proof but I have found an abundance of persuasive evidence.

4. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

bluebird, If this happened to you though, would your rational mind not keep on reminding you that this is impossible? I come across scientists and psychologists who have no rational explanation for these experiences happening to them, but they are few. Since it's not that uncommon many must put it down to their own psychology.

5. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Thanks mac.

6. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Well I haven't been at this long but I'd have to say the small amount I've read and the abundance of material out there from all over the world. The experiences described by so many and the similarities have pretty much convinced me. Not to mention this forum and the folks here that have talked about their own experiences along with sharing what they've studied and researched for decades.

Kurt likes this.
  7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I have always been open to spiritual or paranormal experiences, and I don't believe that they are impossible. If the experience was one of my husband visiting me and somehow doing so in a way that I could not doubt (in a way that I could not write off as just wishful thinking on my part, since his continued existence, and us being together and happy again are quite literally the most important thing in the universe to me), then I would most happily accept it as real.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Donovan

Donovan Member

the odds of everything ceasing to exist in the next moment must be very low.
    no matter what happens to someone when they die, we do know that everything else will continue to exist.

Kurt likes this.
  9. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Ruby asked:
    What persuades you that the afterlife exists? It's difficult to accept it without proof.

I've had several life changing experiences since the love of my life transitioned. Through meditation, dowsing, mediums, dreams, dream-like states, visions and contact she has made with others. I feel her presence and she has brought several wonderful people into my life experiencing the same things and we work together. She also works with the transitioned partner of a dear friend and they reach out to the two of us. The physical loss of our loved ones continues to devastate us but we help each other on this side as I truly believe they guide and comfort and continue to love us from their side.

We are learning a lot through them. Sometimes because of our emotional state they can not reach us directly so my dear friend's partner reaches out to me to give important information to my dear friend and vice versa. This happened again yesterday. I can go into detail but suffice to say that we have both gotten communications from each other and others that the communicators had no prior knowledge of. A medium spoke to me in Spanish the words I say to my beloved every morning without knowing that Spanish was her native language. The same medium also told me my brother and mother met my beloved when she transitioned. The medium did not know I had a brother let alone a brother who is now on the other side.

10. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

That's lovely, thanks Bill, also quite spooky. It's both!

Bill Z likes this.
  11. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Ruby, not spooky to me. They are here for us. Love can be eternal. I've lost friends over my beliefs because of this. Love is all there is and it's forever!

Kurt likes this.