1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What makes you believe there is an afterlife?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Wanttobelieve, Aug 19, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

IMO the "knowing" is inside of us. It feels like I've always known...…..

kim marine likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I think it's that way for me too.... It's why I refer to my 'awakening' so often as on the day I was told about certain aspects of my life it was a "Oh, of course!" kind of revelation. Later it felt I'd always known but somehow needed reminding.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Vanda

Vanda New Member

Thank you. My name is Vanda, I am originally from Rome, Italy and I lived in many, different countries in my life. Since I was 14, I have been reading, studying and searching for answers concerning the meaning of life and death and much more. What did I discover? I still don't know but I sure glad I found this forum where I can discuss these topics with other people.
    Greetings to all of you!

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

I already knew a little about you from your Profile posting. :) I hope you'll find things of interest here on ALF and maybe some conversations about subjects that you've researched. We've covered a fair bit of ground over the years so I'd be surprised if you don't find something familiar.

Maybe you'll want to share with us some of your findings and what they mean to you?

Kurt and Vanda like this.
  5. Vanda

Vanda New Member

I just did!

6. mac

I shall take a look in a moment! :)

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

You've said you've been researching since you were a young girl but that you don't know what you found. care to share?

Kurt likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

What first made me realize that the afterlife has to be real was the compulsive reading I did in the eighties and early nineties of communications received in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries in southern England and the eastern United States (primarily Boston and New York). There was a heyday of communications then through deep-trance, direct-voice, and physical mediums, and also through channels; and a lot of it was documented and published by serious people. It was so far back, and so unremarked at the time, that I thought it more likely to be genuine; whereas for decades I refused to read anything received post-1940, until eventually my primary guide roped me into doing A Course in Miracles (which I recommend highly).

What convinced me that it all HAD to be real was this astonishing convergence of facts:

1) These communications were received in two different countries, through various mediums, over sixty-plus years.

2) There were a lot of them!! Hundreds. I was reading almost nothing else for years.

3) I was looking for any sign that some were duplicates of others, but I never found one. Different word choice, different personalities, different nuances: I am pretty sure that each of those hundreds of communications was unique.

4) THEY WERE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT! I never found an outlier. I say in The Fun of Dying that doing this core research felt like reading hundreds of reports from people who had visited Fiji over all those decades: they all had very different experiences, true, but in every one of their accounts there was the same physics, the same process, the same pastimes, the same geography, the same landscape and buildings, all down to the same minute details. I never found an outlier. There was no description of God as judge, for example, or the Devil or hell, or the notion that we all grow up again there, or really anything at all that stuck out as inconsistent. And the only report I can recall that wasn't generally corroborated by other reports was one account of how they cured a WWI soldier from the depression he had died with because he had lost his male equipment to a war injury. His is the only account of post-death genital sex I ever have read. But that was it! Otherwise, every detail - the post-death surgeries, for example - was corroborated repeatedly.

I was as skeptical as they come, but the day came when the weight of all this evidence hit me on the head. For there to be so much of it received over such a long time in different ways and in two different countries, and for there to be no inconsistencies at all, was something that could not have happened by chance. That was statistically impossible!! So that was what did it for me; and in all the research that I have done since then, my realization that day that all the evidence fits and it has no other possible explanation has only been ever more perfectly confirmed!

9. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

This helps me believe. (Man with no artistic talent himself channels/paints Leonardo, Monet, etc.) :

10. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Is it possible they could have somehow been aware of what the others had written? Or at least one of the works another had written, which became source material for their understanding?
    What makes that impossible? Do you also have a list of this material you've read that changed your mind? I'd love to read it.

Nirvana likes this.
  11. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

These were hundreds of communications received over many decades - probably sixty years - in southern England and in the eastern U.S. through a number of deep-trance mediums. In all those communications I never found two that even seemed to be very similar, although all the communicators had had the same kinds of experiences - as I say in The Fun of Dying, it was like reading hundreds of communications from people who each had visited the same exotic place over perhaps a century. I was doing the research just for myself so I never kept track of what I had read; but when eight years ago I wrote that book I did resurrect and include some samples. It's all in the bibliography that I will send to you... if I can get off ALF soon enough to get to the communications website and find your email before I have to start my day. I never got there at all yesterday.

12. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Ok. I will refrain from making any further comments on this topic until I read the source material and understand better whether I have any questions.

poeticblue likes this.