1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What makes you believe there is an afterlife?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Wanttobelieve, Aug 19, 2018.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

These were hundreds of communications received over many decades - probably sixty years - in southern England and in the eastern U.S. through a number of deep-trance mediums. In all those communications I never found two that even seemed to be very similar, although all the communicators had had the same kinds of experiences - as I say in The Fun of Dying, it was like reading hundreds of communications from people who each had visited the same exotic place over perhaps a century. I was doing the research just for myself so I never kept track of what I had read; but when eight years ago I wrote that book I did resurrect and include some samples. It's all in the bibliography that I will send to you... if I can get off ALF soon enough to get to the communications website and find your email before I have to start my day. I never got there at all yesterday.

2. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Ok. I will refrain from making any further comments on this topic until I read the source material and understand better whether I have any questions.

poeticblue likes this.
  3. kim

kim Active Member

In this response you are saying the same thing that I say as to why I saw previous lives. I was "left alone" in order to wake up from the coma, but I kept refusing to wake up because when I "was left alone" to wake up everything became dark and I became scared. That is when the dreams started of my previous existences, I assume. I remember God, or whatever word you choose to use, telling me I became too dependent on him, and I needed to WAKE UP!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I'm sorry, Kim, but I don't know what point you're trying to make. My posting piece you've quoted is out-of-context, a response to another member and written in late September. Isn't it a little late for resurrecting it now?

5. kim

kim Active Member

I posted it in the wrong place Mac. It was in response to what we were talking about on Synchronicites thread. I posted a different one there too. I wasn't searching for them but just happened to come across them.