1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What makes you believe there is an afterlife?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Wanttobelieve, Aug 19, 2018.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Since we are all one consciousness - including all the so-called dead - there is no distance in the afterlife, and no distance between there and here. So it truly doesn't matter whether you and the medium are in the same place. In fact, a number of metal mediums have told me that they prefer to do phone readings and they get better results because having the sitter right there is distracting!

And if you both use Skype, there is no problem with either the distance or the transmission cost ;-).

kim, Storybud68 and Kurt like this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

How do you need out frauds?

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The same way you do it when the medium is in the same room. Check references and reviews, of course. And if there is evidence in the reading that probably came from your loved one, the medium is likely real. If you are sitting looking at someone in the same room who is spouting platitudes and nothing you can confirm came from your loved one, then... not so much.

Kurt likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Part of why I wanted to do it in person was so that I could observe her, both during the reading and before/after, to determine for myself whether or not I believed she was legit. For me, that was definitely the right decision.

Skype is a good option for someone who can't or doesn't want to do it in person, though, and you make a good point about being able to avoid the phone call cost that way.

Kurt likes this.
  5. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

I've had no paranormal experiences to speak of, and I'm a fan of science and can follow a discussion on particle physics pretty closely until calculus is involved.

What convinces me of an afterlife/reincarnation are the accounts of NDEs, childrens' pastlife memories, and death bed visions. The corroboration between people who don't know each other seems an especially strong argument.

The Scole experiments are also compelling. They brought new aspects to light and corroborated what was already known.

As far as using science to detect the existance of a soul, we're not there yet. Whatever stuff a soul is made of, it's not particles that are affected by gravity or electromagnetism. The soul may be able to sense those, but are not influenced by them. How do you scientifically detect non-particles? Look at how neutrinos are detected and imagine how even finer stuff could be detected.