1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What is the “appropriate” age to start working on your abilities?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Auras, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Auras

Auras New Member

I have been interested in mediumship for some years now, but when ever I would contact people about attending open circles I would usually get knocked back. I feel this was due to age. Could it be maturity? Or whether it’s us young’uns don’t know what we’re doing/ getting into?

My interest has not changed and I’m still looking to develop these abilities. Over the years since I was a kid I have had a good amount spiritual experiences which has led to me wanting more and more. It’s a magical experience. As I’ve grew up(now 21) these experiences have became less frequent.

Yes, I have a life to live but that doesn’t mean I can’t practice/develop these abilities along the way.

I’m looking for advice that’s all.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

The only online resource I'm aware of, Josh, is ACIM, A Course in Miracles. https://acim.org/
    It's not my speciality but I believe it's a free, self-guided course whose parts can be download for studying. It's been mentioned on a number of occasions here on ALF and I believe a few members have followed it or are still using it.

As you already know to your sad experience, in the UK our Spiritualist churches often have development groups with open circle being an introduction. It's a shame you didn't have a good experience before but you might want to approach one or two churches/centres again now you're older. I believe guidance in such groups is fee-free or maybe a small charge but again it's not my speciality.

Auras likes this.
  3. Auras

Auras New Member

Thanks for the link, Mac! Giving it a read now.

Have any of the users posted their progress on ALF? Would be great to have a read if they did.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Auras likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

6. Auras

Auras New Member

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I agree about the web - we're inundated by material and sorting wheat from the chaff can be time-consuming, laborious and tedious. But diamonds can sometimes be found in the gob and may change one's life. ;)

Auras likes this.
  8. Auras

Auras New Member

That’s true, I guess I kind of feel lucky I have people like you who can guide me in the right direction, so I am thankful! :)

9. Auras

Auras New Member

web talk on the course of miracles has really got me thinking.

Why do we forget what our true purpose is? Why do we forget that we’re spiritual beings. Why are we on earth to learn this stuff? It seems as though earth is like some sort of “school” which is interesting.

10. Auras

Auras New Member

Lots of mediums use “sitting in the power” it’s meant to be an essential tool for anyone wanting to develop their mediumship.

I have found a version of it for free which is made by Tony Stockwell.

I’ll be trying to do this regularly and might make a progression thread.