1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What is spiritual growth? How is it measured? and by whom?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by pandora97, Oct 26, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

2. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

I am thankful for this group and the wonderful truth seekers here. I got a big reality check and realized how blessed I am even though I continue to grieve.
    I went to a Buddhist Meditation group today and half way through realized it was a total waste of time for me. I studied and continue to study Buddhism since I was a teenager (during WW1 Kurt if you have any questions about WW1 let me know, lol). The whole meditation and discussion was about putting others before ourselves and how 99% of the time we are only concerned about our own happiness. WTF? The newest xbox, iphone (interesting name "i" phone, very telling), the biggest slice of the cake, etc. I have never lived like that and it makes no sense but that view is very prevalent apparently.
    They also said if we meditate we will find ongoing joy, yeah right! All of our problems will melt away if we meditate. Comical IMO. Meditation is a gift and a great skill but maybe I've just lived longer or more intensely than the others in the group. Who knows? All I know is that I am a stranger in a strange world but thankfully going home in a little while to a place where people understand life.
    I am inspired by happy people, children, nature, the animals but I continue to go through life in the Stones song "Paint it Black". But it gives me a sense of compassion as much as it hurts.
    Peace and thanks everybody for your insights.

Kurt likes this.