1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What is spiritual growth? How is it measured? and by whom?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by pandora97, Oct 26, 2018.

1. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I can really relate with what you say in this post. I experienced an nde 35 years ago when I was 18. It goes beyond words, but I remember viewing myself alive in so many different places. When it seemed as though each of those lives ended I was looking forward to entering eternity, but I never did. I was so confused and kept asking the Highest Power why I wasn't allowed to enter? I thought I wasn't "good" enough, but He assured me that was not why. He never gave me a definitive answer. He said that was for me to figure out when I'm living here on the earth plane. I've experienced many precognitive moments in my life, and I began to look on the internet for answers. I found the Dr. R. Craig Hogans' Greater Reality site and asked about these precognitive experiences. He said I had viewed my past lives. He also told me about the different plans of existence. What you say about one not being better than any other is so true! Thank-you for the post!:)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Craig Hogan is the absolute best.

kim likes this.
  3. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I think so too!:)

Kurt likes this.
  4. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Thank you for the very insightful post Roberta. That gave me some food for thought and it seems I am on the right path. I used to hold grudges really bad and now am capable of just letting it all go.

What a great feeling it is when you let those emotions go. It is funny thinking about how I was hurting myself rather than the person I was mad at. It feels like a big weight is lifted off my chest. I'm excited about what I will learn next. I'm trying to work on walking away from negative interactions. My ego tends to get me caught up in the argument instead of just walking away from it. I'm doing better but need a lot more work! haha

I did get excited reading about how much progress you were able to accomplish in a short time. Some times I worry about having enough time to take advantage of this experience and grow.

Kurt and mac like this.
  5. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Craig Hogan's on line meditations have been a great help to me.

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I would strongly recommend surrounding yourself with good people.

innerperson likes this.
  7. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Thanks for that suggestion and it's a good one. There has been some incidents where I needed to remove myself from people simply because I didn't feel good around them. Then there are people who are just having a bad day. I won't cut out someone from my life for having a bad day. Hopefully they won't cut me out of their life for having a bad day. :)

I don't want to cut myself off from all the bad stuff that happens in this world. I don't see how I can learn to rise above the bad stuff if I try and avoid it entirely. That is my line of thinking and I welcome feedback if there is a better way.

I am thankful to be cognizant of this so I can work on it. It gives me a purpose and I am finding a deeper happiness through my progression. It would feel somewhat empty to go through life without a higher purpose. I've seen enough sad people who can't seem to find that happiness no matter how much stuff they buy. Heck, I've been one!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  8. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

As do I. LOL:D

Me too!:(

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Good work, Innerperson! And don't worry about not having enough time - I didn't start this process really until I was retirement age. And yes, withdrawing from negative people and people who drain you is important, but you can't do it angrily. Think of them lovingly; just give them a wide berth. I think it is important, too, to stop doing screens! I haven't watched any TV at all in more than a decade, and I haven't missed it. And think of the negativity I'm avoiding, especially in this political season!

innerperson likes this.
  10. Donovan

Donovan New Member

is it not the awakening of compassion and love and truth and understanding and self realization within the core of one's being?
    is it not faith, so much that one loves and cares for others as much as one would care for, love and forgive oneself.
    is it not the love of god knowing itself through each little miracle

why do any of us have failings and regrets, moments where our love was eclipsed by greed and fear.
    why isn't everything already perfect?
    would there be nothing otherwise except a homogeneous blob of potentiality?
    i suppose all that is decided to play, or simply couldnt help it, and we are that

Kurt likes this.